Steven Powell was involved in disappearance

Yellow Rose

Reaction score
The father of Josh Powell was involved in the disappearance of his son's wife, a member of the Powell family told RadarOnline.

Josh Powell, who was a person of interest in the 2009 disappearance of his wife Susan, killed his two sons -- Charlie, seven, and Braden, five -- Feb. 5 in a fiery double-murder suicide at his home in Graham, Wash., during a supervised visit.

After the deaths of his son and grandchildren, Steven Powell -- currently jailed in Tacoma, Wash., on child *advertiser censored* charges -- also was named as a person of interest in the disappearance.
Kirk Graves, who is married to Josh Powell's sister Jennifer, said he believes that Steven Powell at the "very least" knows what happened to his daughter-in-law.

More at link:

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/02/2...is-family-says/?test=latestnews#ixzz1n8Sqk854

"It was a very controlled relationship. Steven controlled Josh, so if he was in trouble, he would have known what was going on, or even worse, been controlling what he did."

Graves believes Steven Powell did not want Susan involved in the raising of his grandchildren.
"She was a threat for his control over the family. She was too strong to have around," he said.
Steven Powell filed court papers last week saying he will not cooperate with investigations being conducted by law enforcement agencies into the case.

BBM - This is the part I have absolutely NO trouble believing at all. SP was the controller for sure, of the entire family unit (except for those able to escape his confines)

Is it normal or usual to "file papers" to indicate that you will not be cooperating in an investigation? I don't think I have ever heard of this before.

Is it normal or usual to "file papers" to indicate that you will not be cooperating in an investigation? I don't think I have ever heard of this before.

To be honest with you I have NEVER heard of that either! Had no clue whatsoever that you had a CHOICE.....:confused:

I always felt, (Of course) he was involved. He is one strange man.

I realize he is a person of interest but do they have any evidence against
him at this point?

Goz

I would honestly think that Jennifer and her hubby would have provided LE absolutely everything they had on this man (SP) and probably everything they had on the family dynamic to assist in their investigation. If not, I certainly hope so

I don't know who wrote the quote-- (BBM)--
I just wanted to agree and add that he was also an enabler. We have seen quite a few parents like Steven before who have enabled their children after they murder..

Goz

Too bad they couldn't torture him until he said where to find Susan's body. I have always thought he knew where Susan was.

This is very interesting, especially the fact that this is coming from HIS family, not the Cox's

I always felt, (Of course) he was involved. He is one strange man.

I realize he is a person of interest but do they have any evidence against
him at this point?

Goz

We know at the very least that he took photos of Susan without her knowledge and that in the past he had made unwanted sexual advances toward her and lied about a relationship with her. I figure that's enough to officially be a POI once she turns up missing.

Too bad they couldn't torture him until he said where to find Susan's body. I have always thought he knew where Susan was.

We wouldn't be much of a country if that's the way we got information. Prisoners - even monsters like this - have rights just like everyone else.

We wouldn't be much of a country if that's the way we got information. Prisoners - even monsters like this - have rights just like everyone else.

No I disagree. That is exactly what is wrong with this country. Prisoners have too many rights! :rocker:

No I disagree. That is exactly what is wrong with this country. Prisoners have too many rights! :rocker:

Tell that to the guy who was held in solitary confinement for two years without a trial for a DWI arrest.

I hope you and yours never get arrested for anything, and if you do, I hope your civil rights are respected. :twocents:

Tell that to the guy who was held in solitary confinement for two years without a trial for a DWI arrest.

And to the guy that just died of kidney failure while in a Douglas County jail because the guards couldn't be bothered to look at the medical paperwork his family brought to the jail letting them know dude had kidney failure.
He was there for a minor marijuana charge. When he complained of kidney pain, they just put him in solitary and ignored his calls for help.

Did that guy not have rights just because Steven Powell and others like him are pieces of feces?

BBM: Exactly, and TY ...

And that is one of the many "differences" between the U.S.A. and places like Iran, Iraq, etc.

JMO ...

I hope you and yours never get arrested for anything, and if you do, I hope your civil rights are respected. :twocents:

Well you need to hope that you and yours are never kidnapped, raped or murdered and have the person responsible free to walk the streets. Imagine what it might feel like to know after being raped that the person who raped you was free! If something like that has never happened to you then you have no clue what that feels like. I have no fear of ever being arrested because I don't do things to cause me to be arrested.

We know at the very least that he took photos of Susan without her knowledge and that in the past he had made unwanted sexual advances toward her and lied about a relationship with her. I figure that's enough to officially be a POI once she turns up missing.

I'm aware of this information having been following the story but I want to make sure they have evidence on a murder/ asscessory. This may not be that type of evidence.

I feel they have more we are not privy to.
Goz

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back