1005 users online (130 members and 875 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Christian pastor in Iran faces hanging for refusing to renouce faith

An idea about what the face of religious totalitarianism would look like - life in a theorcracy:

Christian pastor facing death sentence in Iran for refusing to renounce his faith could be executed 'at any time without warning'
    A Christian pastor who converted from Islam is to be put to death for leaving Islam following the ruling of an Iranian trial court, it was reported today.

Youcef Nadarkhani, 34, was arrested over two years ago on charges of apostasy, and has now been put to death by an Iranian court for refusing to renounce his Christianty, according to the pastor's legal team.

The father-of-two had defied a request by the Gilan provincial court, in Rasht, Iran, to repent, and now faces death by hanging.

If the execution goes ahead it would be the first Christian to be officially executed in Iran for religious reasons in 20 years.
    ---
    U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, along with with the European Union, France, Great Britain, Mexico and Germany, have condemned Iran for arresting Nadarkhani.
    ---
    much more, with pictures, at Daily Mail link above

This breaks my heart. I worry that the more the western world pressures Iran NOT to execute this man, the more likely they will be to do so.

Iran terrifies me in many respects
    England's dancing days are done...

Is there any update on this?
    Proud WS N-LIB

Kimberlyd125 is offline Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athletes.
    Islam is peaceful huh?
    Glove Findin'
    Uniform Washin'
    Gatorade Gettin'
    Picture Takin'
    Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom

Yay religion!!!!! And here we have a prime example of what happens when religious fervor runs amok and sanity and reason fail to prevail. Vote carefully, people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberlyd125 View Post
    Islam is peaceful huh?
    There are millions of peaceful Muslims living in our own country, some of whom have turned in terrorists to the authorities. The problem with Iran, and other places where these things happen, is they are fanatics who are afraid of losing power due to any opposition.

All religions have executed people who caused problems for their power: the heretics burned by the Catholic Church, the Crusades that killed thousands of Muslims, so-called witches killed by the Puritans and more.

Any religious beliefs can be adulterated to met a fanatical purpose, i.e. Osama bin Laden. And he was turned in by a Muslim.

To get a true feeling of a religion, look at the countries that are controlled by them.
    Glove Findin'
    Uniform Washin'
    Gatorade Gettin'
    Picture Takin'
    Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom

To get a true feeling of a religion, look at the countries that are controlled by them.
    Yes, agree, and that was addressed by my post above. There are those fanatics that want to turn our country into a 'Christian Nation' also, and I for one don't want to live under the control of any religion, whether it's my own or not. It leads to such as what is happening to this man.

Yeah, you know those darn Christians.
    Nobody would be safe.

Just joking.

We bow down to those fanatics running those Muslim countries way too much if you ask me.

The big apology this past week is proof of that.
    Glove Findin'
    Uniform Washin'
    Gatorade Gettin'
    Picture Takin'
    Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom

Yeah, you know those darn Christians.
    Nobody would be safe.

Just joking.

We bow down to those fanatics running those Muslim countries way too much if you ask me.

The big apology this past week is proof of that.
    Well, I have nothing against Christians in general, used to be one myself...but there are a few that I sure don't want to be in control of my life or running the entire country.

Regarding the apology, IMO since the burning was done by the military and the president is the Commander in Chief, he was where the buck stopped and it was the appropriate thing to do toward a country that is an ally. But that is politics......