636 users online (119 members and 517 guests)  

Websleuths News

UK - Toddler abandoned in Folkestone library

A girl, believed to be two or three years old, has been abandoned in a pushchair in a Kent library.

Staff at the Folkestone library in Grace Hill discovered the child while they were closing the building at about 18:00 GMT.

Why???
    England's dancing days are done...

One struggles to find a bright side but a library is, in all, not the worst place for the child to have been left.

Even so of course.

The woman Kent Police was urgently trying to trace after a young girl, aged approximately two to three years old, with blonde hair, was left in a pushchair at a Folkestone Library, has been found safe and well. She is currently being questioned by officers.
    http://www.kent.police.uk/news/lates...al_for_wo.html

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    One struggles to find a bright side but a library is, in all, not the worst place for the child to have been left.

Even so of course.
    I know it's terrible, but after some of the cases we hear about - I'm so happy she was left in a safe place, unharmed. Considering what could have occurred....
    “Justice cannot be for one side alone, but must be for both.” - Eleanor Roosevelt

In no way should any of my statements be construed as legal opinion or advice. While I am a lawyer, I am not a verified poster here at WS. The above statement(s) are an expression of my personal opinion, for entertainment purposes only, and copyright.

Mum has been found safe and well. I am looking forward to hearing why she abandoned her little girl
    England's dancing days are done...

February 2012:

A 37-year-old woman from Hythe has been charged with child neglect after a toddler was allegedly abandoned in her pushchair at Folkestone Library
    http://www.localrags.co.uk/index.php...stone-library/

July 2012:

EARLIER this month we reported that a woman from Hythe who left her two-year-old daughter in the Folkestone Library toilets had been charged with neglect and given a one-year supervision order.But the mother says she is unable to love her children – and would do anything to change that...

"as soon as she was born, that was it, I felt absolutely nothing. No emotion, I didn't even cry. The doctors said I had post-natal depression and that it would go away, but it got worse. I thought if I had more kids, something would kick in – but it never did."
    Read more: http://www.courier.co.uk/Hythe-mum-t...#ixzz3weEhyzKU