776 users online (133 members and 643 guests)  

Websleuths News

IN - Grandmother accused of severely burning boys' tongues

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-shirl...umn?hpt=ju_bn5

, the boys, ages 6 and 3, were visiting their grandmother, 56-year-old Shirley Hagerman When the boys were returned to their foster parents, they reported their grandmother had burned their tongues.

Who DOES that? Honestly. I don't understand people.
    “Justice cannot be for one side alone, but must be for both.” - Eleanor Roosevelt

In no way should any of my statements be construed as legal opinion or advice. While I am a lawyer, I am not a verified poster here at WS. The above statement(s) are an expression of my personal opinion, for entertainment purposes only, and copyright.

Well I gues we know why gramma wasn't a suitable foster for the boys dont we?
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

There's a meanness in this world.

WTH is going on with so many worthless people hurting helpless little children. Even when it comes down to physically abusing their own child/grandchild. How can they do this stuff.

I hope the boys won't need surgery for the burns. I could go into a long first hand account of being someone who needed surgery on their tongue as a child, and well up into my 20s, it's a rough and painful road to travel. I hope they will be ok.
    Anything worth dewing, is worth dewing well!
    Proud parent of 3 rescued schnauzers

Etilema is offline Being kind to the cruel results in being cruel to the kind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewey2Me1MoThyme View Post
    I hope the boys won't need surgery for the burns. I could go into a long first hand account of being someone who needed surgery on their tongue as a child, and well up into my 20s, it's a rough and painful road to travel. I hope they will be ok.
    Are you saying this happened to you? :-O

First, so much for family visitation of foster children. Second, exactly how dumb is this woman when she knew the children were already under the care of CPS/Foster?
    Forum: Jury Room
    Thread: Most interesting classic unsolved murder cases

This thread currently has over 350 cases with a brief synopsis of each and we are still adding additional cases.

You can access a spreadsheet that lists the cases in alphabetical order with the page & post number so that you can locate a particular case you may be interested in. It also contains links to any cases that already have a thread on WS.

Many cases do not have a thread. Please feel free to start one in the appropriate forum if you would like to look into one. Should you start a thread on one of these cases, please let me know so that I can add the link to the spreadsheet.

Here is the link for the spreadsheet in alphabetical order:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hl=en_US#gid=0

Here is the link for the spreadsheet in country order:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...FBBcGVid0lmUHc
    =======================================

Forum: Jury Room
    Thread: Cold But Not Too Old Murder Case List

This is a listing of newer but still cold cases. As with the above thread we will be adding as we go along. Most of these cases will probably have threads. If you do start a new one, please let me know so I can add the link to the spreadsheets. The spreadsheets may be accessed from the links below.

Here is the link for the spreadsheet in alphabetical order:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...mlNV2lSQ1dDWHc

Here is the link for the spreadsheet in country order:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...FBIaHRnR1g0SEE

Quote Originally Posted by Etilema View Post
    Are you saying this happened to you? :-O
    No, just one who has had to have multiple surgeries on my tongue from age 7 to age 22. I should still be having them according to the dr but no way am I going to go through that again in this life time. Depending on the extent of the surgery, as was my case, one may have to go through months of speach therapy, which is painful in itself, you also become withdrawn because of slurred speach, mockery and bullying follows suit etc. Just not a pleasant experience in any regard, and something that is always on your mind when meeting new people and so on.
    Anything worth dewing, is worth dewing well!
    Proud parent of 3 rescued schnauzers

Etilema is offline Being kind to the cruel results in being cruel to the kind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewey2Me1MoThyme View Post
    No, just one who has had to have multiple surgeries on my tongue from age 7 to age 22. I should still be having them according to the dr but no way am I going to go through that again in this life time. Depending on the extent of the surgery, as was my case, one may have to go through months of speach therapy, which is painful in itself, you also become withdrawn because of slurred speach, mockery and bullying follows suit etc. Just not a pleasant experience in any regard, and something that is always on your mind when meeting new people and so on.
    While I am certainly happy to hear that you didn't have your tongue burned, I am so sorry about all you did have to go through with the surgeries and associated emotional and social impact. I don't blame you for refusing additional procedures.