Page 19 of 45 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TxLady2 View Post
    In the article, the body language expert also says the wife dressed up, was made up, etc. I have to disagree, she had on blue jeans and a black long-sleeved sweater. Not exactly dressed up in my view. Her makeup also looks ordinary to me, like what most young women wear every day, nothing special.
    She is an attractive young woman, and obviously realizes it. Her mannerisms remind me of a thousand other young women who know they look hot and like to show it. Maybe not the best way to act when your husband is missing, though.
    But I do agree that she doesn't appear devastated. Maybe a little in shock, maybe not wanting to accept the situation, or maybe she does know more than she admits, who knows? I would say she seemed to be pretty calm, and that is probably not how most of us would feel if our spouses came up missing.
    I completely agree with your assessment. She wasn't dressed up and the make up was ordinary. She was soooooo nervous that I'm not sure if we can tell what her true emotions would be. It just felt really cold and unemotional. But I also think nowadays people go on some kind of pills that make them emotionless anyway. So who knows. My personal opinion is that she knew exactly what her husband was up to.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to terracotta For This Useful Post:

Tonya Perdomo acknowledged that her husband, whose rental car was found abandoned in a Walmart parking lot Feb. 16, made the 1,600 mile trek from Florida to Maine to visit another woman.

"I knew that he had a friend, but he has female friends. I can't comment on the extent of their relationship because I don't know," she said.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-flo...ry?id=15805714

So his wife says she knew he was driving all that way to visit a woman, but doesn't know the extent of their relationship? That to me is just plain weird.

maybe he had an open marriage, but then why drive 1600 miles if you had an open marriage?

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to iluvmua For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by iluvmua View Post
    maybe he had an open marriage, but then why drive 1600 miles if you had an open marriage?
    Is it still an open marriage if your girlfriend doesn't know you're married?

I'm not up on the rules of these things.

7. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to CharlestonGal For This Useful Post:

To summarize, the wife said he went to Maine to "help a friend," and now she has admitted that she knew this friend was a female.

What exactly was he supposed to "help" her do? Move? Fix her car?
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

9. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to SurfieTX For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mahoolin View Post
    BBM
    I agree not dressed up, but maybe she seemed a little too together - instead of a ponytail, sweats and no makeup. Maybe to some that seems unusual, but I guess we all react differently under stress. Also, I know women who have been married for years and their husband has NEVER seen them without their makeup, let alone anyone else.

I think her eyes were really telling though. Something is off - either she knows why he went up there, and is now sorry she went along with things, (maybe they really needed the money?) or she knew what was going on and didn't want him to go and is angry now that he's missing?

It was almost like she wanted to say something at times, but held back. Maybe she's been given info that can't be made public right now. Whatever, the interview was uncomfortable for me to watch.

Where are you Jerry?
    Thanks, good points. I would think she was coached a little bit by LE not to say too much because the investigation is still fairly new. Whether she was aware of what he was doing, or of the g/f is not really important right now, IMO. Apparently she is not a POI, she's still a victim, so I'm not going to worry a whole lot what is going on inside her mind.
    As for the clothes and makeup, I just found it sort of everyday... not spectacular like she was made up to go out on the town. I don't go to the store unless my hair is combed and my clothes are clean and neat, and a little eye makeup on. So that said... if this wife had come out and stood in front of the mics with slouchy sweats on and no makeup with her hair in a ponytail, that would look staged to me.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TxLady2 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CharlestonGal View Post
    Is it still an open marriage if your girlfriend doesn't know you're married?

I'm not up on the rules of these things.
    Good question! I wish I had a dollar for every time I've heard that "I didn't know he was married!!" line. Sure they do. There are signs, you just have to be smart enough to recognize them.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TxLady2 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry View Post
    Exactly. HE's a fire fighter, not sure about her but it looked like a very nice home.
    She's a high school teacher.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to IHAVENOCLUE For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by HauntsForHope View Post
    This article only names Dp as a POI, a previous article said they were both poi's...hmm. maybe i misunderstood....

WFTV.com will post the two press conferences as soon as they becomes available.
    I consistently read that DP is a POI, and think I read once where both DP and gf are POI's.
    I am not sure, either.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IHAVENOCLUE For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Us543210 View Post
    Links to press conference are going phhtt for me.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to IHAVENOCLUE For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cher352 View Post
    Link to the FL one with the wife:

http://www.wesh.com/news/30552367/detail.html

Wish I knew more about body language and facial expressions because she sure made some strange faces.
    I noticed the facial expressions were interesting, too!

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IHAVENOCLUE For This Useful Post:

I think it's possible that the wife was kind of kept out of the loop, and he would would tell her that he was just going to visit/help friends, and that he liked to do this sort of thing once per month.

BUT... I think it's way more likely that she knew he was going up there once per month to make a little extra money for the family. She probably wasn't involved, might not have known the names of the people or anything like that, but she probably knew he was running some pills up to Maine on these little road trips.

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Queen_City For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by HauntsForHope View Post
    O/t Learn how to read emotions and deceit through facial expressions. Based on the science behind the hit Sky 1 TV series "Lie to Me"

http://youtu.be/RnwdndsspTI

according to the micro-expression charts, she was showing, fear, anger probably holding back tears.
    Thanks for the "Lie to Me" video. It was so interesting!
    Last edited by IHAVENOCLUE; 02-28-2012 at 12:31 PM. Reason: capitalization correction

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IHAVENOCLUE For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by IHAVENOCLUE View Post
    I am behind in the reading of this thread...but has Jerry's house been searched?
    If not, why not?
    JMO
    Excellent question!!

A lot of clues could be in that house? More contacts? Prescription slips?

In the grand scheme of things, no matter what he was doing, he needs to be found and maybe that is what LE is focusing on?

However, they should be very concerned if a firefighter was obtaining and selling illegal prescription drugs? There should be a seperate investigation on that. I have a feeling that Jerry was just a small piece of a larger problem.

I hate to say it, but it could very well be that they don't even want to investigate the pill issue any further? For their "own" reasons?
    Justice for Trayvon

27. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to LolaMoon08 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cher352 View Post
    For those wondering where is Kathy, here she is!

"WFTV reporter Kathi Belich spoke with a body language expert who watched the news conference held by Perdomo's wife, Tonya."

"Body language expert, Susan Constantine, said Tonya seems to be hiding something, and looks anything but devastated."

A lot more at:

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/...rs-wife/nK6wK/
    Wow! Very interesting analysis of expressions, body language of TP!
    No sadness?
    So sad!

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IHAVENOCLUE For This Useful Post:

Page 19 of 45 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast