Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Trial starts June 23 - PA - Rebecca Stahl, 37, Pittsburgh, 18 Feb 2012 - teacher

Quote Originally Posted by passionflower View Post
    the only meds I an hink of is long term, heart? blood pressure?
    thyroid? anti seizure..something the family knows is important for everyday use.
    I was also thinking of hormones. If she had a hysterectomy then wouldn't she be adjusting hormones levels and would need them every day.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to terracotta For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by terracotta View Post
    I was also thinking of hormones. If she had a hysterectomy then wouldn't she be adjusting hormones levels and would need them every day.
    I even though of anti staph drug, antibiotics? infection with or caused surgery?
    something very important that family said 'she needed'.......
    also I think family saw something in house for LE to get a search warrant.
    Haskings got a new mattress, peterson put junk in the babies room.....
    somethings amiss here.
    It has been exceptionally warm here.
    The ground is not hard or frozen.
    We have alot of woods, hunting areas, streams, rivers....where is she???
    I would like to know his where abouts all weekend!
    Why didn't HE report her missing???
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

4. The Following User Says Thank You to passionflower For This Useful Post:

wish I had knowlege how to do a map, but allot of open grounds around the area.
    Even a cemetary, golf course.

I was looking at map and saw an ad for a hospital (transplant surgery).
    If we only knew what the meds are her dad was upset about.......anti rejection meds?
    So many questions and no local updates.
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to passionflower For This Useful Post:

Could be antibiotics for a post-surgery infection?
    Or as someone suggested, something to do with thyroid, etc...
    When I had a hysterectomy, I only had pain pills afterward...but I DID need them...maybe not as much after 4 weeks though...

I hardly think it matters that she left her meds as I just think he forgot to get rid of those...
    Just my opinion, of course.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

http://www.wpxi.com/news/news/local/...JdC5/#comments

is this new?
    I just saw update and read comments
    Justice for Hailey!!!!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to passionflower For This Useful Post:

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    Quote Originally Posted by passionflower View Post
    http://www.wpxi.com/news/news/local/...JdC5/#comments

is this new?
    I just saw update and read comments
    I hadn't watched the video yet... wow... the family has not spoken to david since tuesday (day they reported her missing) and they have no comment about him :-(

also showed LE searching out on a road today (sorry I didn't catch the name of the road)
    This bee my opinion

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

oh.. also that video noted that the DA was the one who sealed the search warrants!

(isn't that a bit strange that the DA is already involved in the case???)
    This bee my opinion

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

I am getting the impression, search is on, warrant sealed by DA..........DS not talking to her relatives........her sister saying she would always call if she could.
    FOUL play IMO, and I see things going fast!
    Plus no updates????
    If he hurt or murdered her, I pray he was sloppy!
    LE find her!
    Justice for Hailey!!!!

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to passionflower For This Useful Post:

Courtney Brennan ‏ @WPXI_Courtney
    Reply RetweetedRetweet
    Delete
    FavoritedFavorite Close Open Details
    State police helicopters searching for missing woman Rebecca Stahl. Stahl's sister says her hope that she'll be found dwindles w/each hour
    Justice for Hailey!!!!

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to passionflower For This Useful Post:

passion,
    is this a recent tweet? are the helicopters up right now?
    This bee my opinion

20. The Following User Says Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

I agree passion about the SW seals... usually it is LE that will request the seal..not the DA...

Also, to echo what Surfie said upstream about multiple search warrants being issued a little over 24 hours into a mp case ... tells me something...

Other similar intimate partner crimes with similar DV backgrounds have never had such stuff happen so quickly.. (but it should!)..

at this point I completely applaud LE for their work and keeping everything very close to the vest.
    This bee my opinion

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

I'm assuming we don't know what kind of surgery Rebecca had, right? Is it possible that she had surgery for an injury inflicted by her husband?

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to liltexans For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
    12 weeks of medical leave is a LOT imhoo.... I could see 2-3 weeks for abdominal surgery, etc.. and as a nurse I am trying to think what could = 12 weeks.. and I am thinking a knee replacement, etc? (just speculating) or some other type of surgery with therapy that follows...(cancer surgery and treatment? etc)

would be helpful if they put out a silver alert for her considering the fact that she has a current medical issue.

I further hope they are using tracking dogs from the home...
    BBM

I'm thinking along the lines of some type of treatment for cancer or hepatitis C. That would fit the relatively long medical leave but also being well enough to plan on attending a girl's night out. If you're doing chemo, you can predict and make plans for when you are likely to be feeling well enough to go out and when you're likely to need to stay home.

Like you, I hope they have brought in SAR dogs and also HRD dogs.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GrainneDhu For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CharlestonGal View Post
    BBM. I posted the same time you did. I found 12 weeks to be an unusually long time as well. Joint replacement, mastectomy, something with a long recovery. Though nothing was mentioned about physical therapy or chemo/XRT appointments.

Given the surgery/medical leave and the fact she did not take her car means to me she did not voluntarily take off by herself. Which means someone helped her disappear. Voluntarily or otherwise.
    BBM

These days, there are some types of chemo treatment that patients administer at home, either by themselves or by a visiting nurse.

And that would fit with her father expressing concern that she didn't have her meds with her. People doing home chemo are taught that timing is very, very important and not to change the treatment schedule at all. If they feel they need to adjust their schedule, they have to call their doctor.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GrainneDhu For This Useful Post:

passion,
    is this a recent tweet? are the helicopters up right now?
    it was not recent, from this afternoon I believe.
    t's dark here now so I would say they stopped about 6ish.????
    I have my tweet open just in case.
    Justice for Hailey!!!!

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to passionflower For This Useful Post:

last update at 6:25pm ........comments from kids are sad
    they loved her!
    http://www.wtae.com/news/30517482/detail.html
    Justice for Hailey!!!!

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to passionflower For This Useful Post:

WPXI
    no updates just all the same and sister's video
    Justice for Hailey!!!!

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to passionflower For This Useful Post:

12 weeks is the amount of leave available from FMLA each year...so maybe that is the amount she asked to take, just in case it took that long?

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

This is awful.

David Stahl pleaded guilty to simple assault in 2007 after his wife said he threw her down a flight of stairs, pulled her hair out and threw her into the kitchen table. At that time, the two were engaged, and Rebecca took out a protection from abuse order against him. David Stahl was sentenced to serve nine to 23 months in jail. More recently, in March, David Stahl received a summary citation after his wife said he shoved her and tore her sweater. Four months before her disappearance, Rebecca Stahl she asked to have the citation dropped.
    http://www.wpxi.com/news/news/local/...hip-wom/nJdC5/

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Pensfan For This Useful Post:

Beltz said her sister was not able to travel alone because she is recovering from a hysterectomy. Stahl began a 12-week medical leave Jan. 24.

Read more: Hempfield home of missing Derry teacher searched - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt...#ixzz1nGznKcup

She likely had an abdominal incision rather than vaginal surgery. The comment above means that with her abdominal incision she was not supposed to drive. If she had a recent abdominal incision, she was helpless to fight back/defend herself.

40. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Pensfan For This Useful Post:

Pensfan,
    some more snips from your link:

Stahl's husband told police he last saw her at their home at 803 Seton View Drive on Monday, said Trooper Steve Limani, spokesman at the Greensburg barracks.
    Stahl's father, Kenneth Anderson of Greensburg, said police "have searched the home, and they impounded the vehicles, and they're working on those now."

Beltz said her family has had no contact with David Stahl since 2008, the year he and Rebecca were married.

"He's made no attempt to contact our family," Beltz said. "She's in love with him. I did know they had their issues they were dealing with."

David Stahl did not return a phone call yesterday.

Read more: Hempfield home of missing Derry teacher searched - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt...#ixzz1nH2UkSEH
    :-(
    This bee my opinion

42. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

So very sad. I think we know how this ends up.

44. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mrsu For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pensfan View Post
    Beltz said her sister was not able to travel alone because she is recovering from a hysterectomy. Stahl began a 12-week medical leave Jan. 24.

Read more: Hempfield home of missing Derry teacher searched - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt...#ixzz1nGznKcup

She likely had an abdominal incision rather than vaginal surgery. The comment above means that with her abdominal incision she was not supposed to drive. If she had a recent abdominal incision, she was helpless to fight back/defend herself.
    I had this surgery a few years ago and was out for 6 weeks at the time, though I still can't think what meds she would be required to take, other than pain meds. And since I don't believe she left voluntarily, it barely matters, it was just a slip-up on hubby's part, IMO, not to have her meds "go" with her.

It is such a sad shame that she married and then stayed with this violent man. I do not mean to convict without a fair trial, etc...but this case looks as cut and dried as they come. And if she has been gone since Saturday, he had a two-day head start, more or less, and she could be anywhere, if I am reading correctly that she was not reported missing until Monday (and not by him?)

JMO

46. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    I had this surgery a few years ago and was out for 6 weeks at the time, though I still can't think what meds she would be required to take, other than pain meds. And since I don't believe she left voluntarily, it barely matters, it was just a slip-up on hubby's part, IMO, not to have her meds "go" with her.

It is such a sad shame that she married and then stayed with this violent man. I do not mean to convict without a fair trial, etc...but this case looks as cut and dried as they come. And if she has been gone since Saturday, he had a two-day head start, more or less, and she could be anywhere, if I am reading correctly that she was not reported missing until Monday (and not by him?)

JMO
    She was actually reported missing Tuesday and by her father because they had not heard from her since Saturday.

48. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mrsu For This Useful Post:

hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
    I agree passion about the SW seals... usually it is LE that will request the seal..not the DA...

Also, to echo what Surfie said upstream about multiple search warrants being issued a little over 24 hours into a mp case ... tells me something...

Other similar intimate partner crimes with similar DV backgrounds have never had such stuff happen so quickly.. (but it should!)..

at this point I completely applaud LE for their work and keeping everything very close to the vest.
    Very unusual within the first 24/48 hrs of a missing adult...so they must know something...or found something pretty troubling. imo

God Bless them for the quick response.

I just get the feeling this is going to be another big case....don't know why tho. Hoping I'm wrong, and she is found safe...and soon.

50. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to hollyblue For This Useful Post:

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast