937 users online (105 members and 832 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Meech is offline "I'm tough,ambitious,and I know exactly what I want. If that makes me a B*#@%, Okay"

GA - Tiffany Nelson, 9, Augusta, 6 June 1994

Case Type: Non Family Abduction DOB: Oct 21, 1984Sex: FemaleMissing Date: Jun 6, 1994Race: BlackAge Now: 20Height: 5'0" (152 cm)Missing City: AUGUSTAWeight: 95 lbs (43 kg)Missing State : GAHair Color: BlackMissing Country: United StatesEye Color: BrownCase Number: NCMC791590Circumstances: Tiffany's photo has been aged to 19 years old. She was last seen at 10 a.m. riding a red bicycle on Richmond Hill Road at Lumpkin Road in Augusta, Georgia. She was wearing a multi-colored flowered shirt and blue and white stripped denim shorts. She has a blemish-type scar under her right eye and a thin scar on her forehead over her left eye.

Meech is offline "I'm tough,ambitious,and I know exactly what I want. If that makes me a B*#@%, Okay"
    thanks for posting the link

No problem!

Thanks for making me aware. Putting Tiffany on my site now.

Thanks again,

fourboys

Bump for Tiffany and family

Photo of Tiffany at age 9

Age progressed to 19

Tiffany's profile on NCMEC

Printable poster

Please print and post in local businesses and anywhere you deem appropriate and thanks.

With love and HOPE, Lanie

More links for Tiffany

Charley Project

MPCCN with a previous age progression to 17 years.

Angels Missing

Prayers of HOPE for Tiffany, Lanie

I don't think Downs was involved in Tiffany's disappearance. There's a tendency to try to pin every conceivable case on a single person once they are exposed as a killer, and I think it's regrettable. Lewis Lent, for instance, was investigated in the disappearance of Angela Ramsey. Never mind that all of his other victims were younger than Angela and were in New England, not Florida.

Remains located ...

I have an unconfirmed, but reliable report that Tiffany Nelson's remains were located a couple of days ago in Burke County. Hopefully, this will bring closure (whatever that is) to this long standing case that has haunted and baffled law enforecement in Augusta, Georgia for years. It still remains a mystery of who killed this innocent child, but we now know for sure she is in a better place....

i read about this the other day before they announced they suspected this was tiffany. here is a link.

http://www.tallahassee.com/mld/talla...l/11695644.htm

hopefully her family will receive some peace.

Officials suspect remains' identity

Police suspect the skeletal remains of a child found in Burke County could be those of a little girl who disappeared on a red bike 11 years ago.

The apparent age of the child and the condition of the remains give law enforcement reason to suspect the bones belong to missing Augusta 9-year-old Tiffany Nelson, Burke County Sheriff Greg Coursey said.

"It's the one case that came to my mind originally. I remembered this one," the sheriff said.

Up until this point, Tiffany's case has been treated as a missing person case, but Sheriff Coursey said Wednesday the discovery of the bones makes it a homicide investigation.

Tiffany was last seen June 6, 1994, filling the tires on a red 10-speed at a convenience store at Lumpkin and Richmond Hill roads.

Richmond County Sheriff Ronnie Strength said his homicide investigator, Sgt. Richard Roundtree, has been in Burke County most of the week to assist with the investigation. Tiffany is the only child listed on the Richmond County Sheriff's Office's missing persons list.

Full story
    http://chronicle.augusta.com/stories..._4200748.shtml

NC - Tiffany Nelson, 9, Richmond County, 1994

Sad end to a sad story. Bones have been confirmed as the missing 9 year old.

http://chronicle.augusta.com/stories..._4494823.shtml

At least now the family knows what happened to her, now they just need to know who did it. Prayers to her family.
    ~Mekena Sarah Gracie Carmichael~
    2007-2011
    West Elgin's Precious Angel

Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

What a pretty girl. I hope her family finds the murderer.

The article for those who don't want to register...

Timeline

June 6, 1994: Tiffany Nelson stops at a convenience store at Lumpkin and Richmond Hill roads to put air in her bike tires. It is the last time she is seen.

June 7: Richmond County authorities mount a massive search effort, going door-to-door and investigating leads, including a tip that Tiffany was spotted sitting in the back seat of a man's car.

June 16: Cadaver dogs are brought in to assist in the search, but nothing is found.

May 16, 2005: Two men walking in a wooded area off Farmers Bridge Road in Burke County find several bone fragments. Because of items found in a nearby shallow grave, investigators believe the bones to be the remains of Tiffany.

Family members of Tiffany Nelson, the girl who vanished without a trace from an Augusta gas station 11 years ago, can finally stop wondering what happened.

But the job of finding who killed the 9-year-old is just beginning.

"It's a mystery we intend to solve," said Sgt. Richard Roundtree, of the Richmond County Sheriff's Office. His agency is assisting the Burke County Sheriff's Office and the Georgia Bureau of Investigation in the homicide investigation.

On Friday, the GBI concluded DNA test results of skeletal remains suspected to be Tiffany's matched mitochondrial DNA samples taken from female members from her mother's family, said Gary Nicholson, the special agent in charge of the GBI's Thomson office.

Although the test results do not positively prove the remains belong to Tiffany, the fact that they are those of a young child and have been buried for the same amount of time that Tiffany has been missing indicate she finally has been found, he said.

"There's very, very strong evidence that it is her," Agent Nicholson said.

The GBI is reviewing the 11-year-old missing person case, which became a homicide investigation once the bones were discovered May 16 in a wooded area off Farmers Bridge Road in Burke County, he said.

Citing the ongoing investigation, Agent Nicholson would not say whether authorities had developed a list of suspects, but said officials are looking at all the information brought forward in the case during the years. He also would not discuss how Tiffany might have died.

According to Sgt. Roundtree, Richmond County sheriff's deputies treated Tiffany's June 6, 1994, disappearance as a missing persons case and therefore had no reason to suspect foul play.

"There were no suspects developed back then," he said.

Tiffany was last seen that day filling the tires of her ten-speed bike at a convenience store at Lumpkin and Richmond Hill roads.

Family, friends and law enforcement searched Getzen Street, where Tiffany lived with her aunt, Ora Parrish, and surrounding neighborhoods, but the little girl was never found.

According to a June 8, 1994, article in The Augusta Chronicle, a woman called investigators after her 11-year-old grandson claimed to have seen Tiffany the afternoon she vanished in the Barton Chapel area.

The woman said the boy told her he saw Tiffany sitting in the back seat of a car driven by a man wearing a hat , the article said.

That lead was a dead end.

Ten days after Tiffany disappeared, officials brought in cadaver dogs to search but found nothing.

Family members have waited for more than a month to receive official verification that Tiffany had been found. But Georgia Kelly, 21, a cousin and playmate of Tiffany's, said the family knew from the beginning the remains belonged to Tiffany.

"We already knowed it was her," said Ms. Kelly, when contacted Friday. "We kind of expected it."

The family is finally preparing funeral arrangements for Tiffany, she said.

"I feel like it's finally over with now," said Ms. Kelly. "We don't have to wonder no more."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast