Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Darlie & Crime Library

Darlie & Crime Library

I just checked out Crime Library and found that Darlie is no longer named on the Notorious Murders page. You have to click on "more" to get to her case.
    We knew the longer her appeals went on with no revelations, the more she'd fade into the background.

I predict that, unless testing comes back with startling revelations, she will quietly be executed within the next 5 years.
    I'm going to take my ball and go home

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2 percent For This Useful Post:

There is no testing - this was a rumor started by her handful of supporters.

Her last request in 2008 was denied without comment.

This section of WS should be closed.

Quote Originally Posted by 2 percent View Post
    I just checked out Crime Library and found that Darlie is no longer named on the Notorious Murders page. You have to click on "more" to get to her case.
    We knew the longer her appeals went on with no revelations, the more she'd fade into the background.

I predict that, unless testing comes back with startling revelations, she will quietly be executed within the next 5 years.
    I think she must know by now that she is fighting a loosing battle. I agree that she will most likely be put to death within the next 5 years or maybe even sooner. Seems like she has been on death row forever. Can't believe the murders happened almost 16 years ago. The boys would both be in their twenties now. How sad.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JenniferTx For This Useful Post:

Darlie did win the right to have additional DNA tested, but they have to pay for the testing and to my knowledge are still trying to raise the money. This was even reported by several news sources.

Why should this section be closed?

It was originally denied by Judge Robert Francis, but the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals overturned his decision.

Reversing a Dallas judge’s decision, the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals ruled unanimously that Mrs. Routier, 38, is entitled to have more sophisticated genetic testing performed on a few pieces of hair and blood evidence collected from the 1996 crime scene.

State District Judge Robert Francis denied Mrs. Routier’s request for testing last year after concluding it could not exonerate her. But the Austin court said Judge Francis had misinterpreted the 2001 law that permits genetic tests for inmates.

Sources: http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont....15d19eb3.html

Broken link.

Sorry Fishee, not sure what happened.

I'll see if I can find another link and post it.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to TXN4LIFE For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TXN4LIFE View Post
    Thanks for that link. I had never read that article before. Thanks for posting it.

"On September 10, 2008, the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals rejected, without comment, her attorney's motion for a second chance to make their case for more DNA testing." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darlie_...#cite_note-10"

I don’t trust Wikipedia but its difficult to know which one is correct as they are both citing 2008 sources!

Anybody know for sure what is happening?
    www.findmadeleine.com

Alos the link to the sept article on the wiki site is broken. Very annoying! I know that the talk in the Darlie support forums is that they are awaiting DNA testing.........
    www.findmadeleine.com

Quote Originally Posted by Fishee View Post
    There is no testing - this was a rumor started by her handful of supporters.

Her last request in 2008 was denied without comment.

This section of WS should be closed.
    Why? There are active forums for other "decided cases"
    Darlie did win the right to have additional DNA tested, but they have to pay for the testing and to my knowledge are still trying to raise the money. This was even reported by several news sources.

Why should this section be closed?
    I don't think it should be. WS is a great community that will continue to discuss cases, long after they are "resolved". Just because one person thinks it should be closed does not mean it should be. I am not attacking the poster , but the post. Such posts IMO should be made only after thoroughly reading through the site and becoming familiar with how things are done. Again MOO
    JMO.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to redkatrampant For This Useful Post:

I dont use Wiki at all...the teachers at school have told their students NOT to use it when researching papers.

The story I posted was on an actual news site. You can google Darlie Routier DNA Test and find several other news affiliates that ran the same story. Unlike Wiki - they check their sources prior to release (normally).

19. The Following User Says Thank You to TXN4LIFE For This Useful Post:

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 percent View Post

bbm,
    I just went there and she is under notorious murders/women who kill (or something about women)

so it would seems she is still under notorious (just subcategorized under women)
    This bee my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by emma l View Post
    I donít trust Wikipedia but its difficult to know which one is correct as they are both citing 2008 sources!

Anybody know for sure what is happening?
    Darlie did receive the right for more testing by the Federal judge who sent it back to the State court.

Her defense is trying to raise money for the testing that wasn't allowed at the state level. However, the chances of that happening are slim to none considering the amount of money they need.

I'm sure the documents are on her website www.fordarlieroutier.org
    Last edited by cami; 02-28-2012 at 08:06 PM. Reason: adding link

22. The Following User Says Thank You to cami For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
    bbm,
    I just went there and she is under notorious murders/women who kill (or something about women)

so it would seems she is still under notorious (just subcategorized under women)
    I wouldn't trust the Crime Library to tell anything close to the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by redkatrampant View Post
    Why? There are active forums for other "decided cases"

I don't think it should be. WS is a great community that will continue to discuss cases, long after they are "resolved". Just because one person thinks it should be closed does not mean it should be. I am not attacking the poster , but the post. Such posts IMO should be made only after thoroughly reading through the site and becoming familiar with how things are done. Again MOO
    Umm, lack of interest?

Yes, closed case sections stay open but they also receive regular traffic. That's what justifies them remaining open.

Here? Not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishee View Post
    Umm, lack of interest?

Yes, closed case sections stay open but they also receive regular traffic. That's what justifies them remaining open.

Here? Not so much.
    There's tons of interest in this case but it's mostly on Facebook. Not so much on these type of forums.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cami For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cami View Post
    There's tons of interest in this case but it's mostly on Facebook. Not so much on these type of forums.

Yes I was going to say that. I'm very interested in it! I might not post but I read a lot.

I think until something happens- ie: firm evidence of DNA in her favour (or against) or an exceution date it may seem to be quiet but I would be suprised if it's not people's minds now and again.

It's still a case that people are discussing 16 years later and Darlie still claims innocence.

Eventually something will have to give- she canít sit on death row forever and she wonít in Texas, thats for sure. I would hate it if these threads were closed.
    www.findmadeleine.com

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to emma l For This Useful Post:

Cami,

Do you know how long they have to raise the money for those test? Surely there has to be some time limit...it cant go on indefinately I would think.

Cami,

Do you know how long they have to raise the money for those test? Surely there has to be some time limit...it cant go on indefinately I would think.
    No, I'm sorry I don't. I don't believe they will give her much time after the court ordered dna tests are completed but that's just speculation.

Not too familiar with the details of the investigation, though I know there was criticism about the processing of the crime scene. Been any more forensic processing? Any other testing after 1996?

Quote Originally Posted by Truckdriver View Post
    Not too familiar with the details of the investigation, though I know there was criticism about the processing of the crime scene. Been any more forensic processing? Any other testing after 1996?
    Darlies camp is still trying to raise more money for DNA testing. Welcome to websleuths.

Quote Originally Posted by Truckdriver View Post
    The only criticism of the processing of the crime scene comes from Darlie supporters.

In fact, this case is taught as a model of an investigation.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cami For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast