1004 users online (172 members and 832 guests)  

Websleuths News

OH - Former Columbus police officer robbed bank to 'manipulate' the system

Former Columbus police officer Edward Pascucci had been jobless for more than a year and was facing homelessness last summer when he decided to rob a local bank. Making off with stacks of cash, however, was never his intention.

Pascucci told a federal judge this morning he'd run out of options, was facing "severe health problems" and opted to avail himself of the services offered by the federal penal system rather than live on the street.

"I didn't want to be homeless," said Pascucci, addressing U.S. District Judge Clay D. Land in a clear and confident voice. "I should not have manipulated the justice system, but I couldn't think of any other way to get help."

And the judge helped him out with that problem! more at link...

This, sadly, is what America has come to. I used to hire an off-duty cop to do my yard - he had his own landscaping service on the side. Then he moved and I hired a firefighter who did the same thing. I could never fathom how exhausted they must be at the end of each day doing two such grueling jobs back-to-back just to make ends meet.

It's unbelievable and depressing that after many years of service this cop and military veteran had no money or healthcare. That doesn't justify his actions - he should have gone to the VA or something for help - but I do feel bad for the guy.

I would like to know more about what "troubled employment history" means? Sounds pretty sketchy to me? It's not like he lost his job through lay offs. He was obviously one of those "problem" cops. He didn't even get fired. He resigned after being transferred to Animal Control.

No sympathy from me. He created his own problems through his actions and chose to take the easy way out and rob a bank. He's nothing but a criminal.
    Justice for Trayvon