Sex: Female
Race: White
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Green
Height: 4'10" (147 cm)
Weight: 82 lbs (37 kg)
Missing From: MILLERSBURG, PA, United States
Endangered Missing

Tracy was last seen sitting in the Millersburg Town Square at approximately 10:00PM. Tracy is considered to be at risk as lost, injured, or otherwise missing. She has pierced ears and a small mole on her chin. Tracy was last seen wearing a blue and white top and light blue shorts.

Pennsylvania State Police - Missing Persons Unit

Click here: Poster
http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...aseNum=730293&orgPrefix=NCMC&searchLang=en_US

State Police continue to work on a 17-year-old mystery in upper Dauphin County. Police are still investigating the disappearance of 17-year-old Tracy Kroh. She was reported missing in August 1989. Her car was found in the Millersburg Square. Four years later, a farmer found her license and some of her belongings near a Creek in Washington Township. Now police say new leads prompted a search with a cadaver dog Friday in Washington Township. Nothing was found, but police say they will keep searching the area.

http://www2.abc27.com/news/stories/0806/351094.html

http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/19dfpa.html

I know that something happened. She wasn't just a runaway," Hoffman said. "I really think the case could have been solved if they looked for her right when we reported her missing."

Chardo keeps a picture of Tracy Kroh in his office to remind him to work on the case every chance he gets.

"For the family's sake, I want to know what happened," he said.

Cpl. George Cronin said the state police will not forget Tracy and will continue to work on the investigation. more at link.......
http://www.pennlive.com/news/patriotnews/index.ssf?/base/news/115483022843740.xml&coll=1

Tracy Marie Kroh
Missing since August 5, 1989 from Millersburg, Dauphin County, Pennsylvania.
Classification: Lost, Injured, Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: April 16, 1972
Age at Time of Disappearance: 17 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 4'10, 82 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; green eyes.
Marks, Scars: She has pierced ears and a small mole on her chin.
Clothing: A blue and white shirt, blue shorts and white sneakers. She was carrying a small purse with thin straps and an image of a horse or unicorn imprinted on the side. Her key ring featured an image of the cartoon character Roger Rabbit.

Circumstances of Disappearance

Tracy Marie Kroh of Enterline was last seen at 10 p.m. on August. 5, 1989, at the Town Square in Millersburg, Pennsylvania, where her 1971 Mercury Comet with blue stripe, was found in the late afternoon of August 6, 1989.

Police said she used a public telephone in Millersburg before her disappearance. She had stopped by her older sister's house earlier, at the Alex Acres Trailer Park off of Pennsylvania Route 147 in the late afternoon. No one was home but Tracy delivered several items, leaving them on the porch.

She was presumed headed to see a friend, whose parents lived a few blocks from the Millersburg square.

She left $300 in her bedroom and a $400 bank balance, leading police to conclude she had not run away.

Four years later, nine miles from the Millersburg square, a farmer in Washington Twp. found some of her personal belongings, including her driver's license and a National Honor Society card, along Wiconisco Creek. Police searched the area but turned up nothing.

Foul play is suspected.

Investigators
If you have any information as to Kroh's whereabouts, please contact:

Pennsylvania State Police
Ronald Amoriello - PA State Police - Elizabethville
717-362-8700

OR

Julio C. Mendez - PA State Police - Harrisburg
717-705-0340

You can remain anonymous when submitting information.

Agency Number: H4-546253

NCMEC #: NCMC730293

NCIC Number: M-374841267

Please refer to these numbers when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
Pennsylvania State Police
The National Center For Missing and Exploited Children
The Patriot New 8/6/2006
The Patriot New 8/9/2006
The Doe Network: Case File 19DFPA

LINK:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/19dfpa.html

Township. Now police say new leads prompted a search with a cadaver dog Friday in Washington Township.

Just a question, but how long are cadaver dogs able to detect a scent?

It seems like after 20 years it would be unlikely that they'd find a lead of any kind with a dog...

Derek

Just a question, but how long are cadaver dogs able to detect a scent?

It seems like after 20 years it would be unlikely that they'd find a lead of any kind with a dog...

Derek

The answer to your question would have to start out "It depends..." because there are a lot of factors to consider.

First is the dog itself and the training that it has received and experience in detecting. They are truly amazing animals with an ability to scent things in very minute amounts.

Second would have to be the conditions of the area to be searched. Certain terrains, temperatures, humidity levels, etc are better conductors of scent than others.

And third, would probably have to be the time element that you point out. Scent on the ground will dissipate over time, especially with the environmental factors such as rain, heat, wind, etc.

But if a grave has been dug and the body covered, that scent would tend to stay put, and even remain strong for a dog to locate. Of course, the deeper the grave, and denser the cover (say clay as opposed to sand) the more difficult the task for the dog.

Richard,

Thanks for that info, I have always wondered how useful the dogs were in a cold-case scenario like this where many years have passed.

A buddy of mine knew a girl who may have seen where Cindy Song was buried. Long story short, he took it to the cops, and they came out with cadaver dogs for an hour or so three years after she disappeared.

Regards,

Derek

I have been working with the Kroh family and Pennsylvania Da and State Police to try to crack this case . I have set up a facebook page for Her and a you tube video in hopes that it can bring about some leads .
I am recently looking for information in regards to the inmate claiming to be responcible in Tracy's disappearance any one with any insite on that please let me know I tried to find it but it did not work out as hoped .
I am in the process of waiting for the book urges - Larry D Hall and his supposed confession .
I saw that a few people read it , can you tell me what in it exactly pertains to Tracy ?
Thank you

As a resident of the town she vanished from (although I didn't grow up here), I highly doubt someone from outside the area is responsible for her disappearance. It's really hard to get here---we were just cut off for a couple days during the most recent major flood. I-81 is a half-hour away, and this is a town full of nosy, nosy people ;-) An outsider is quickly picked out.

there's a lot of rumours which I won't repeat about what may have happened for her.

Circumstances in case (as quoted from the Doenetwork summary)

Tracy Kroh of Enterline was last seen at 10 PM on August. 5, 1989, at the Town Square in Millersburg, Pennsylvania, where her 1971 Mercury Comet with blue stripe, was found in the late afternoon of August 6, 1989.

Police said she used a public telephone in Millersburg before her disappearance. She had stopped by her older sister's house earlier, at the Alex Acres Trailer Park off of Pennsylvania Route 147 in the late afternoon. No one was home but Tracy delivered several items, leaving them on the porch.

She was presumed headed to see a friend, whose parents lived a few blocks from the Millersburg square.

She left $300 in her bedroom and a $400 bank balance, leading police to conclude she had not run away.

Four years later, nine miles from the Millersburg square, a farmer in Washington Township found some of her personal belongings, including her driver's license and a National Honor Society card, along Wiconisco Creek. Police searched the area but turned up nothing.

Foul play is suspected.

---------------------------------
The above case summary would lead one to believe that Tracy did NOT intend to leave the area voluntarily. She was in the middle of a list of errands when she went missing. She left her car, belongings, and money behind.

Her purse being found four years later and nine miles from where she was last seen would indicate that she was transported by vehicle to that vicinity. It would be nice to know how far her purse/cards could have traveled down stream to where they were found.

Her body would likely be found some where in the same vicinity of the cards and upstream from there.

The above case summary would lead one to believe that Tracy did NOT intend to leave the area voluntarily. She was in the middle of a list of errands when she went missing. She left her car, belongings, and money behind.

Her purse being found four years later and nine miles from where she was last seen would indicate that she was transported by vehicle to that vicinity. It would be nice to know how far her purse/cards could have traveled down stream to where they were found.

Her body would likely be found some where in the same vicinity of the cards and upstream from there.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT]

The Wiconisco Creek, where the items were found, is pretty shallow. It comes up in the spring, and after a prolonged heavy rain like this past August. They found the items northeast of Elizabethville. Personally I doubt her body is near there, although I also believe she never left upper Dauphin County, and apparently neither do most people who live here: http://www.abc27.com/Global/story.asp?S=13716410

I do know about 11 years ago a Grand Jury was convened. I don't know the results of it. I didn't live here at the time so I don't know much more. In 2008 and 2009 billboards were placed in the area to jog some memories.

This mystery has begun to haunt me, since I've moved up here. When we stomp through the woods along the mountain I wonder if we'll stumble on her.

Criminal Investigator Officer Harold Trego, Of Millersburg Pennsylvania Police Department has released a statement in Regards to the Upper Dauphin County teen Tracy Marie Kroh .

Tracy has been missing since August 05, 1989

We are asking all to help spread Officer Trego's release of statement in hopes to bring a new light to the mystery of her disappearance.

PLEASE VISIT THE FOLLOWING LINKS
http://www.facebook.com/Help.Find.TracyKroh
http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=365359150157493

Visited the sites. One was only a photo of Tracy and the other was "unavailable".

What was Officer Trego's statement?

It would be great if we could get some productive discussion going on here about what could have possibly happened. There are many of us looking for a forum in which we can discuss this intelligently without point fingers, making usless accusations, and treating others badly.

Tracy Kroh has been missing for over 22 years and yet there seems to be no more evidence now than there was then. I'm sure her family misses her every bit as much now. Wouldn't it be nice to work collectively to help find answers?

Anyone else???

We just need to get a few more people over here and get some discussion started bushrunner!

Tracy's Charley project page has a little more information:

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/k/kroh_tracy.html

In the case summary, it states that the friend she was believed to be going to see was her boyfriend, and that the investigation has focused on him and his family over the years. They deny any involvement.

There was also a bizarre tip called in in 1994, anonymously. The caller said that Tracy, along with two other missing girls, Tiffany Sessions and Elizabeth Miller were being held against their will in Austin, TX and being forced into prostitution. After investigating the tip, it was dismissed as a hoax.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back