Newly adopted shelter cat saves owner's life - within hours, on the very first night

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Look at those eyes of Pudding's - they say, "You didn't find me. I found you."

Cat Saves Owner's Life Just Hours After Being Adopted (huffingtonpost.com)
A newly-adopted cat repaid his owner's loving gesture earlier this month by saving her from a medical emergency just hours after he was brought home, the Green Bay Press Gazette reports.

Amy Jung and her son Ethan stopped into The Humane Society near their home in Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin on Feb. 8 to play with the cats, but one feline -- a 21-pound orange-and-white cat named Pudding -- stood out to the pair. Jung learned that the laid-back cat had been in and out of the shelter since 2003, and made an impulsive decision to adopt him and his friend Wimsy.

Jung said the cats wasted no time fitting into their new home when they arrived. But just hours later, the Jungs' happy day took a turn for the worse. Soon after going to bed, Amy Jung, who has had diabetes since childhood, started having a diabetic seizure in her sleep.

That's when Pudding sprang into action. The fast-acting feline sat on Jung's chest in an attempt to wake her up and when that didn't work, he nudged and nipped her face until she briefly returned to consciousness.

In that moment, Jung was able to call out to her son Ethan, but he couldn't hear her calls. Luckily, Pudding darted into Ethan's room and pounced on the bed until he woke up and was able to call for help.
---
much more at link above

YAY Pudding! I am convinced that pets (cats and dogs both) sense and help us, and bring so much to our lives...in this case (and many others), saving it.

Best-
Herding Cats

Lovin' these happy tears...very good boy, Pudding!

First post I read today-puts me in a good mood. What a wonderful story. Once, when a chemo treatment was very difficult for me, our cat, Phoenix, stayed by my side for two days-he just stayed there, only leaving for food and bathroom breaks. At one point, when it was really rough and I had back pain, I rolled on my stomach, and he laid on my back, where the pain was really bad. He also laid on the back of my knees. I just couldn't believe it. Animals can be so caring, and in Pudding's case, downright lifesaving. Love to hear these stories.

Pat S

That is such a great story!!! And I love the name Pudding. :)

Wow! I'm normally not a huge cat fan but this is awesome!!

Not only is the name 'Pudding' great, but also that of his sidekick - Wimsy.

I'm sure the cat meant well and the end result was great. But as a rule, I don't think we want a 21-pound anything sitting on the chest of somebody who is having a seizure.

All concerned were lucky here, IMO.

I'm sure the cat meant well and the end result was great. But as a rule, I don't think we want a 21-pound anything sitting on the chest of somebody who is having a seizure.

All concerned were lucky here, IMO.
I perceive Dr. Pudding's ocean to have been in motion here, so to speak, pawing eyelids, nipping earlobes, that sort of thing, so his weight wasn't squarely sat on, say, a left lung.

(His cohort Wimsy, of course, having taken second watch, was downstairs in a recliner, smoking cigs and watching HBO.)

What, helplessly addicted to anthropomorphizing four-legged things? Me?

kind of makes one wonder if the outcome would have been different had "Pudding" not been there....

I LOVE these stories!!!! Animals are so amazing. Our Yorkie has to sleep in a dog bed on the floor. She use to sleep in our bed but when my husband would snore she would walk all over him. I would wake up to see her standing on my husbands hip like a billy goat on a tractor..lol! I always wonder what's going through her head..she obviously thinks something is wrong with him!

well done dr. pudding! i hope you and your pal wimsy are loved and spoiled by your new humans and never have to go back to the shelter.

First post I read today-puts me in a good mood. What a wonderful story. Once, when a chemo treatment was very difficult for me, our cat, Phoenix, stayed by my side for two days-he just stayed there, only leaving for food and bathroom breaks. At one point, when it was really rough and I had back pain, I rolled on my stomach, and he laid on my back, where the pain was really bad. He also laid on the back of my knees. I just couldn't believe it. Animals can be so caring, and in Pudding's case, downright lifesaving. Love to hear these stories.

Pat S
I am so happy to hear your story about your Phoenix...and I hope for your continued health.

My cat Cookie...she lays on my back...she just walks up my body and nestles in, and then sometimes purrs in my ear. She is a healer...I totally believe that animals are empathetic. They feel our pain and comfort us, heal us....

I am not surprised to read this story. I have three cats. Two years ago I had a severe bout of the flu. I spent days on end in bed, with all three cats were there with me. As any cat lover know, cats are habitual, and usually have routines. My three have certain spots in the home, and certain times when they are in those spots, etc. All three of them abandoned their routines to stay by my side. Except for litter box, and food breaks, they remained on the bed with me until I started to spend more time upright. Cats are more loyal than thought, and are amazing creatures all around!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back