GUILTY OH - Shantel Parker for child endangerment, Laurelville, 2012

Belinda

Doer of Things
Reaction score
updated 2/24/2012 8:19:07 PM ET 2012-02-25T01:19:07

LAURELVILLE, Ohio — Authorities say an Ohio mother has been arrested on charges accusing her of injecting her teenage children with heroin before sending them to school.

The Hocking County Sheriff's Office says 35-five-year-old Shantel Parker, of Laurelville, was arrested Friday at Ohio State University hospital on warrants charging her with two counts each of felonious assault, corrupting another with drugs and endangering children.

More at link:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46520139/ns/us_news/

Lock her up. Lock her up. Lock her up.

She's been providing her children with drugs for several months. It makes sense they couldn't get to school sick. It makes no sense that she must be an addict herself and she shared drugs?

So now out in this world are two young kids that are dope sick. They couldn't inject themselves? Mommy is in jail? Guess what? They'll eventually learn how to hit a vein and they're doomed.

Way to go . There's even dealers that wouldn't do that to a kid.

Prayers for these young people. Huge prayers. Hoping they get rehab and make it.

On an aside Ohio has one awful heroin problem.

Sorry for the rant. Besides old creepy pedophiles adults who give kids access to drugs are on my "You're a real blankety blank" list.

This is where they arrested mom.
http://medicalcenter.osu.edu/patientcare/healthcare_services/alcohol_drug_addiction/Pages/index.aspx

Before I even looked it up I knew they'd have to have a drug rehab. So she had to know they were coming for her. She admits her own *&& to a rehab, but her kids got thrown to the wolves. She knew she'd get locked up so no doubt she got herself some methadone.

Well jail ain't got no methadone. If she isn't already detoxed let her writhe in pain. I know it sounds harsh, but full grown adults work to combat heroin addiction. Imagine a 14 year old?

Man, if this wasn't her bottom Lord knows what might have been. Not to mention these kids could have OD'd.

The fact that she studied nursing fries me. She knows exactly what she's doing to those kids!!!!

I honestly do not even know what to say. Every tike my brain composes a sentence it is heavily laced with curses and not postable.

It really is quite shocking that a parent would do this to their own child. Frankly, I wonder what her motive is and how she could afford it. Most of those on heroin would keep it for themselves, I assume. I can't understand what motivated her to put her children on it. Unless it was to silence their objections to her being on it.

Just when I think that nothing can shock me anymore, I see this.

Here is a pic of this vile creature. Oh, and the reason she originally started injecting them was:

Investigators say the children, aged 14 and 16, told them their mother has been giving them heroin and other drugs for months. They said the treatment had begun as a way to alleviate the pain from a toothache.

Silly me, if my children had a toothache, I'd take them to their dentist. But what do I know.

And another thing!

I wish she could be charged with attempted murder!

http://www.logandaily.com/news/hero...cle_c11742e2-c527-11e1-ba7f-0019bb2963f4.html

Heroin mom offered plea deal

The prosecution has offered to dismiss the four counts of corrupting another with drugs and two counts of felonious assault for a plea to the two counts of endangering children. The state would recommend a two-year sentence on each count to be served consecutively for a total of four years in prison. The state would not oppose Parker being judicially released from prison after serving six months, as long as she enters into an inpatient drug treatment program.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2013/04/17/Fairfield-County-mom-heroin.html

Mom accused of giving daughters heroin pleads to lesser charge, sentenced to treatment

Shantel A. Parker, 37, was indicted on felony charges last year, accused of injecting her two teenage daughters with heroin. The charges collapsed, however, when her daughters recanted their story.

Parker accepted a plea agreement last month in pleading no contest to possession of drugs, a first-degree misdemeanor.

Common Pleas Judge John T. Wallace sentenced her on Tuesday to one year of drug treatment in an outpatient clinic and three years on probation. The sentence will be served in lieu of conviction, an option available to judges in such cases.

Thanks Lovejac for another outcome post. I do not understand story.Did these girls inject themselves or are they covering for mom? TIA!

Thanks Lovejac for another outcome post. I do not understand story.Did these girls inject themselves or are they covering for mom? TIA!

cuffem, I personally believed the girls lied after the fact.

They originally told LE that mom injected them.

I found this article that gives a lot more info.

http://www.logandaily.com/news/park...4-6517-5af4-87bc-eb4ff35ad1c6.html?TNNoMobile

“The only evidence that we had was a statement made to a school principal who had relocated to Arizona due to his health, and the two girls who had both recanted their stories, so at that point our case had fallen apart,” Archer told the court.

Rather than doing an outright dismissal, Archer talked to the defense team about doing some sort of drug charge to help Parker get whatever additional help she might need to overcome any drug addiction.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back