1004 users online (180 members and 824 guests)  

Websleuths News

PA - Darryl Bryant for dog fighting, animal cruelty, Wilkinsburg, 2012

Dog fighting ring in Pittsburgh busted.
    Going on 29 years in mother's home.
    Dogs eletricuted in livingroom.
    WPXI

looking for latest article from news tonight
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

http://www.wtae.com/news/30539276/detail.html

read comments

US Humane Society involved not just local.......
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

Quote Originally Posted by passionflower View Post
    Dog fighting ring in Pittsburgh busted.
    Going on 29 years in mother's home.
    Dogs eletricuted in livingroom.
    WPXI

looking for latest article from news tonight
    That people do this or even watch this makes me sick. I'm so glad they've busted them.
    Staffies They're Softer Than You Think

"From where you're kneeling, it must seem like an 18-carat string of bad luck. But the truth is... the game was rigged from the start." Benny Fallout: New Vegas

"What is the most admirable creature on God's green Earth? Why, it's the bee! Have you ever seen a bee on vacation? Have you ever seen a bee take a sick day? Well, my friends, the answer is no! So I say, be... the bee! Be the bee!" - Jeremiah Fink Bioshock Infinite

Me too.

I once watched a programme about this where a reporter went undercover to dog fights. It messed with my head so much I felt sick for a couple of days.

I cant watch anything to do with animal cruelty, I feel so much for the animals, it makes me so helpless and upset.

Hope these people get what they deserve, although no punishment would be good enough in my eyes.

May 2013:

a jury found 49-year-old Darryl Bryant guilty of two counts of dog fighting and one count of possessing an instrument of crime....

evidence photos showed what investigators found during their raid: dogs in stacked crates in a basement, their view of other dogs blocked, clamps allegedly used to give electric shocks to dogs to condition them to fight, treadmills, IV kits and syringes allegedly used on the dogs. Special photography and chemical evidence kits revealed dog bloodstain spatters on the walls.
    http://m.wtae.com/news/Jury-finds-do...uilty/12279742

pitdogz14-jpg.jpg

pitdogz12-jpg.jpg

July 2013:

A Wilkinsburg man who operated a dog fighting ring from his mother's house and electrocuted dogs that wouldn't fight will spend up to 6 years in prison, an Allegheny County judge ordered on Wednesday.

Common Pleas Judge Thomas E. Flaherty also sentenced Darryl Bryant, 49, to 11 years of probation — during which he may not own or possess any animals — and to pay an undetermined amount of restitution...

Daisy Balawejder, a coordinator for the Humane Society's Dog Fighting Rescue Coalition, said two of the dogs have been placed with families, but the 11 remaining dogs had to be euthanized.
    http://triblive.com/mobile/4338439-9...ryant-fighting

Darryl Bryant of Wilkinsburg, PA, animal abuser
    bessicadogs5ap060113.jpg

Judge Flaherty took a very dim view of Bryant’s acts, stating:

"I see dog fighting as also a crime that has reverberations on society and beyond. Those dogs to the very end put their care and trust and confidence in Mr. Bryant, and he let them down.”

Flaherty had earlier revoked Bryant’s bond for reportedly threatening a juror at a Downtown McDonald’s during his trial.

On Feb. 24, 2012, authorities who raided Bryant’s home on Bessica Street found 13 pit bull-terrier mixes between 5 months and 5 years old locked in cages.
    http://guardianlv.com/2013/07/darryl...rocuting-dogs/

Witnesses told the court Wednesday that the 13 dogs seized from Bryant were "emotionally traumatized" and unsocialized and that all but two of them had to be euthanized...

Judge Flaherty told the court he sees dogfighting "as a crime that has reverberations on society," and that he wanted to pass a fair sentence that would stand, as well as "deter others from dogfighting."...

Court records show Bryant was charged with animal cruelty at least twice before
    Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/p...p8Xspoyw4uZ.99