Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 43
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Who Dat Nation
    Posts
    25,290
    What a shame that the hurricane took your notes. I live in NOLA, so I can relate.

    I see your point about a mentor. Drew was very sloppy on his own. Still, I feel pretty certain he committed other crimes. Maybe he got away with those because he was working with someone who was smarter at concealing his crimes and didn't let the victims escape.

    I found this article about the trailer victim's testimony at his trial. I was surprised to read that she was a nurse who treated TF in the hospital.

    A strange coincidence led investigators to link the Flood case to the abduction and attack in 1997.
    The victim in that case, a nurse on duty at the hospital where Flood was brought for treatment, was helping care for her and wondered if the same man who attacked Flood could have been one of the men who assaulted her. She contacted police.

    This answers your question about who drove the car.


    Marcum [Drew's attorney] said the interior of her car was relatively undisturbed and there was no obvious evidence that anyone had been in the back seat where the woman said she had been held on the floor by one of the suspects.
    The article answers my question of how she got away. She begged them not to kill her, and they finally drove her to "someplace" and released her. Still no mention of the trailer's location, or where they left victim.

    She said he told her, "If you tell anyone about this, I know where you and your children live and I will kill you."
    http://www.chron.com/CDA/archives/ar...an-convic.html

    I'm going to look around a little more.
    __________________________________
    Muddy water in the street
    ; Muddy water 'round my feet... as sung by the inimitable Bessie Smith, "Muddy Water (A Mississippi Moan)"

    WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK




  2. The Following User Says Thank You to bessie For This Useful Post:


  3. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Beaumont, TX
    Posts
    1,033
    I also wonder if maybe there was always a second attacker, but either the women didn't live to tell about it (Tina Flood) or they weren't actually abducted (the woman at the apartment complex).

    There are so many suspects that have ties to Calder Rd. Drew (who lived there the majority of his life), Robert Abel (who owned the land encircling the "Killing Fields"), Mark Stallings (worked for Abel), and William Lewis Reece (also worked for Abel). All except for Abel are serving prison sentences for murder, aggravated assault, or aggravated kidnapping.

    Another thing about Drew - he seems to only operate in the area surrounding his home. Of the crimes we can pretty much say with 100% surety that he committed were all in the same general area. Seabrook is the farthest it seems he went and that was for Tina Flood. Seabrook is about 10.8 miles from Calder Rd. in League City.

    Where did he learn to "hunt" so close to his home? He had a vehicle, so it wasn't because he had to be within walking distance. He needed to be close to either where he was taking them or who he was taking them to. Jessica Cain went missing about 12.3 miles from Calder Rd. in La Marque.

    And the victim that was assaulted and released. That just seems odd to me. Because she begged for her life, two psychopaths decided out of the goodness of their heart to just let her go? I wonder if maybe they knew her, even in a roundabout way, and were worried that she would be connected to them in some way. Or were they concerned they'd be interrupted for some reason? That whole case baffles me.

    I understand they aren't going to give out too many details because the woman lived and she was a victim of sexual assault. The details that have been released just seem very opposite of what the other crimes have been like. Drew on his own seemed frantic and not afraid to cause severe injury to the victim to get whatever he wanted from them. This woman was allowed to live.


  4. The Following User Says Thank You to nutkin For This Useful Post:


  5. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Beaumont, TX
    Posts
    1,033
    The pond behind Drew's parents' house that was drained and searched was 150 feet from where Janet Doe's remains were found. I cannot find a source that confirms this, but if this is true....


  6. The Following User Says Thank You to nutkin For This Useful Post:


  7. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,491
    Quote Originally Posted by nutkin View Post
    The pond behind Drew's parents' house that was drained and searched was 150 feet from where Janet Doe's remains were found. I cannot find a source that confirms this, but if this is true....
    http://www.chron.com/CDA/archives/ar...4-women-s.html

    The pond is about 150 feet west of where the skeletal remains of a woman dubbed Janet Doe were found on Sept. 8, 1991. Another unidentified woman, discovered in the same area on Feb. 3, 1986, is called Jane Doe.


    Ratliff said officers searched the Drews' two-story home at 2615 Calder Road on Dec. 2, then obtained their consent to return with the specially-trained dogs.

    On Friday, the dogs reacted to a smell in the northwest section of the pond, which is surrounded by tall grass.
    http://www.chron.com/CDA/archives/ar...-up-scent.html
    Last edited by Harmony2; 04-08-2012 at 08:16 PM.


  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Harmony2 For This Useful Post:


  9. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1
    I knew Jonathan Drew from Seabrook. He lived there in the late 80's with his parents. The neighbor he is accused of raping was from when he lived there. So in reality, his attack of Tina Flood was not that far from home as he was extremely familiar with that area.


  10. The Following User Says Thank You to goodgirl For This Useful Post:


  11. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Beaumont, TX
    Posts
    1,033
    Quote Originally Posted by goodgirl View Post
    I knew Jonathan Drew from Seabrook. He lived there in the late 80's with his parents. The neighbor he is accused of raping was from when he lived there. So in reality, his attack of Tina Flood was not that far from home as he was extremely familiar with that area.
    You knew him? Can I ask you for more details about anything you know about him? You can PM me if you'd like.
    http://unsolvedmurdertx.blogspot.com/

    The key is often reading/listening clearly to the details with logic and not emotion.


  12. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    981
    It's possible that Drew may have left his victims in various fields throughout Galveston County. Shortly after Tina's murder, I met a wrecker driver who told me that Drew had called him on more than one occasion after getting stuck in an isolated field. These calls had come from various locations and had all happened around 2-3 am. He did call LE to report this. I hope those areas were subsequently searched, but I have no way of knowing.


  13. The Following User Says Thank You to jennapuppy For This Useful Post:


  14. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Beaumont, TX
    Posts
    1,033
    Quote Originally Posted by jennapuppy View Post
    It's possible that Drew may have left his victims in various fields throughout Galveston County. Shortly after Tina's murder, I met a wrecker driver who told me that Drew had called him on more than one occasion after getting stuck in an isolated field. These calls had come from various locations and had all happened around 2-3 am. He did call LE to report this. I hope those areas were subsequently searched, but I have no way of knowing.
    I really would like to know the specific dates. I'd imagine wrecker companies don't keep records for very long - definitely not 15 years or more.

    It kills me how much evidence is gone with each day that passes.
    http://unsolvedmurdertx.blogspot.com/

    The key is often reading/listening clearly to the details with logic and not emotion.


  15. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    981
    Quote Originally Posted by nutkin View Post
    I really would like to know the specific dates. I'd imagine wrecker companies don't keep records for very long - definitely not 15 years or more.

    It kills me how much evidence is gone with each day that passes.
    I wish I knew more, but he (the driver) was a client, and he mentioned it briefly while we were waiting for a meeting to start, so it wouldn't have been appropriate to ask him questions, under the circumstances. I remember co-workers at the time saying Drew's family owned an automotive repair shop in League City - Drew's Automotive(?), and the driver worked for a wrecker service they used. The driver's last name was Dunn.


  16. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Beaumont, TX
    Posts
    1,033
    Quote Originally Posted by jennapuppy View Post
    I wish I knew more, but he (the driver) was a client, and he mentioned it briefly while we were waiting for a meeting to start, so it wouldn't have been appropriate to ask him questions, under the circumstances. I remember co-workers at the time saying Drew's family owned an automotive repair shop in League City - Drew's Automotive(?), and the driver worked for a wrecker service they used. The driver's last name was Dunn.
    Yeah, Drew had access to a variety of vehicles because of that repair shop. Imagine taking your car in for repairs and it being used to abduct and murder a young woman?

    Thank you for the information you have provided. It does help a lot.
    http://unsolvedmurdertx.blogspot.com/

    The key is often reading/listening clearly to the details with logic and not emotion.


  17. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    981
    http://www.chron.com/CDA/archives/ar...-up-scent.html

    I found this article where it actually mentions the wrecker driver. The fields were in Dickinson and San Leon, and they were searched by LE.


  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jennapuppy For This Useful Post:


  19. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Beaumont, TX
    Posts
    1,033
    Quote Originally Posted by jennapuppy View Post
    http://www.chron.com/CDA/archives/ar...-up-scent.html

    I found this article where it actually mentions the wrecker driver. The fields were in Dickinson and San Leon, and they were searched by LE.
    Thank you! I tried searching for it briefly last night.
    http://unsolvedmurdertx.blogspot.com/

    The key is often reading/listening clearly to the details with logic and not emotion.


  20. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Beaumont, TX
    Posts
    1,033
    Drew's mother still owns the land on Calder Rd. I think she may run a business from there because I have a separate residential address for her.


    I just feel like it cannot be coincidence that another potential serial killer lived on Calder Rd., mere yards from where the "Killing Fields" victims were found.

    Drew is too young to have killed those victims, but I feel like he knew the person who did.
    http://unsolvedmurdertx.blogspot.com/

    The key is often reading/listening clearly to the details with logic and not emotion.


  21. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Beaumont, TX
    Posts
    1,033
    Here is a more detailed article: http://www.chron.com/CDA/archives/ar...her-cases.html

    Authorities on Friday searched an empty lot off 28th Street in Dickinson, a field off 7th Street in San Leon and an auto mechanic's shop Drew formerly used at 114 N. Kansas in League City.
    Dominic Dunn, a weekend wrecker driver, said he recalled pulling Drew's truck out of fields in the middle of the night, most recently in March.
    "He never gave a reason as to why he was out there or how he got stuck," said Dunn, 30, of League City. "He was always by himself except for last time, when one of his friends was trying to pull him out and his friend got his van stuck, too. I wound up pulling him out, too.
    "Other than that, he was always by himself. It's kind of spooky, being that close to somebody and knowing now - I mean, who knows what he was doing?"
    He said Drew usually seemed intoxicated and even tried to start a fight.
    "He has a real bad attitude," Dunn said. "I'm trying to pull him out of the mud, and he's standing there trying to fight me."
    http://unsolvedmurdertx.blogspot.com/

    The key is often reading/listening clearly to the details with logic and not emotion.


  22. The Following User Says Thank You to nutkin For This Useful Post:


  23. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1

    God bless Bonnie Drew

    Hello,

    I have been enjoying reading the posts in this thread. It seems there are some serious researchers interested in Jonathan David Drew. So I thought I would offer some insight.

    The Drews lived on the same street as I did. They lived in the 1800 block of Capri Ln in Seabrook. I lived in the 1700 block. I babysat for them a handful of times. And I took piano lessons from Mrs. Bonnie Drew. The Drews attended the Baptist church near the intersection of State Highway 146 and Capri Ln.

    I remember John David (that's how he was known in the neighborhood) as a quiet and somewhat strange boy who kept to himself. I frequently saw him alone, hardly ever in the company of other children. He never gave me any trouble when I would babysit him and his little brother. In fact, his brother was more of a handful than John David was. I found John David to be inquisitive and intelligent. And he minded me when I told him to do something.

    Basically, I am here offering my firsthand experience with this individual. I am still in touch with the Drew's regular babysitter and may be able to enlist her help in your research. The Drews were like every other family on the block. They were friendly with neighbors and kept their house up well. Mrs. Drew is just the most uplifting piano instructor I ever had. I truly wish she did not have to see her son convicted of murder.

    I liked this family a lot growing up. Although, my parents had issues with John David and his dogs after I got married and moved out, I have mainly pleasant memories of the time I spent in the Drew household.

    LIV


  24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Universal Citizen For This Useful Post:


Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Suspect Drew Peterson #5
    By CW in forum Stacy Peterson
    Replies: 627
    Last Post: 05-06-2009, 04:51 PM
  2. Suspect Drew Peterson #4
    By chicoliving in forum Stacy Peterson
    Replies: 526
    Last Post: 05-23-2008, 07:16 PM
  3. Suspect Drew Peterson #3
    By CW in forum Stacy Peterson
    Replies: 505
    Last Post: 02-02-2008, 10:50 PM
  4. Suspect Drew Peterson #2
    By CW in forum Stacy Peterson
    Replies: 421
    Last Post: 12-13-2007, 10:25 PM
  5. Suspect Drew Peterson
    By Indy Gal in forum Stacy Peterson
    Replies: 353
    Last Post: 11-20-2007, 09:32 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •