1137 users online (222 members and 915 guests)  

Websleuths News

PA - Boy, 12, Allegedly Raped By Male Classmate At School

http://www.nbc4.tv/news/3929534/detail.html
    Boy, 12, Allegedly Raped By Male Classmate At School
    Encounter Started With Dispute Over Ball

POSTED: 8:02 am PST November 18, 2004
    UPDATED: 8:28 am PST November 18, 2004

PHILADELPHIA -- An outraged mother says that her 12-year-old son was raped by an 11-year-old classmate at John B. Stetson Middle School on Allegheny Avenue in Philadelphia.

The 11-year-old has been charged with involuntary deviate sexual behavior.

The 12-year-old said it all started with a fight over a ball on Tuesday. Minutes later, the boy claimed, he was being sexually attacked.

The victim's father, Max Rivera, told NBC that he is sick to his stomach over the attack.

"It hurts me. He raped my son, he raped me, too," said Damaris Rivera.

The parents of the victim said the two boys got into a dispute over a ball in the fourth floor bathroom of the school. The 11-year-old male student then chased the 12-year-old inside the third-floor fire escape and sexually assaulted him.

"The boy was choking him, threatening him, and then made him get down on the ground and pulled down his pants -- over a handball," said Max Rivera.

"I'm upset with the school. They couldn't see two children fighting and somehow they get into the fire escape. How did that happen? How do you go in there without nobody noticing? No alarm systems, no cameras," Damaris Rivera said.

Late Wednesday afternoon, Edison Schools spokesman Richard Barth said there are no cameras where the alleged rape occurred.

"We are -- Edison Schools and the school district of Philadelphia, which are partners working at Stetson Middle School -- are conducting an internal investigation," Barth said.

The chief executive officer of the Philadelphia school district, Paul Vallas, questioned how this could happen.

"My reaction is one of outrage. If anyone has failed to follow procedures, they will be fired. It is a simple as that," Vallas said.

"I'm thinking they're safer in school and home than in their streets. And they're not, they're not safe," Rivera said.

The victim in this case has been allowed to transfer to another school. The attacker has been expelled. Crisis counseling has been offered to both families.

Another case of WHERE DID THIS CHILD"LEARN'"THIS BEHAVIOR????

I know Philly CPS well(did my internship there<shudder>) and I will bet you this boy has a closed case file with them

This violent,predatory boy was abused himself and will not stop and warning were there...........this couldve been prevented!!!!!!!!!!!
    The saints are the sinners who keep trying...