1201 users online (228 members and 973 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 191
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    907
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowraiths View Post
    Right. For operative types. Highly doubtful that this guy works (or worked) for a TLA org. Not that someone who works (or worked) for, say, the CIA, would necessarily be above such proclivities. Just that if you're looking at that sort, they would have better covered their tracks. Moreover, their psychological makeup does not really fit the murders.

    You would be surprised at what various software a person can get their hands on when they don't care about breaking the law.

    I don't know what kinds of software the CIA has available to them but, I would think that what they have is a lot better than the stuff I'm thinking of. Some of the software I'm aware of is used in the music business for instance.

    I'm not a psychological expert so, I can't debate you on those points. I do know geeks however, and this perp sounds like a real crazy one to me, IMHO.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    862
    Quote Originally Posted by bessie View Post
    I kinda figured that after the nail polish posts.
    Yes, me too. That's when my excellent deductive reasoning skills kicked in...

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    907
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleph View Post
    Yes, me too. That's when my excellent deductive reasoning skills kicked in...

    LOL!! Although I have known and still know men of all sexual orientations who use nail polish.

  4. #34
    shadowraiths's Avatar
    shadowraiths is offline LISK Liaison, Verified Forensic Psychology Specialist, infoSec Architect
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,867
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwntwnslim View Post
    You would be surprised at what various software a person can get their hands on when they don't care about breaking the law.
    After 3+ decades in the software/hardware industry, I would not be the least bit surprised. In fact, I recall a group who, after hearing about carnivore, broke the code and wrote their own version, aptly named, omnivore. I have a copy of the latter. Either way, I do get your point. Just not sure that I agree someone would go to that length. Though, I am certainly not ready to rule it out, either.



    Forensic Psychology Portal

    I tend to disappear from Websleuths from time to time.
    If I do, you can usually find me on
    Twitter.


  5. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    907
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowraiths View Post
    After 3+ decades in the software/hardware industry, I would not be the least bit surprised. In fact, I recall a group who, after hearing about carnivore, broke the code and wrote their own version, aptly named, omnivore. I have a copy of the latter. Either way, I do get your point. Just not sure that I agree someone would go to that length. Though, I am certainly not ready to rule it out, either.

    3+decades in the software/hardware industry! Please post in the IT/Comp./Tech thread more often! We could use your level of expertise in there!

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    853
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwntwnslim View Post
    You would be surprised at what various software a person can get their hands on when they don't care about breaking the law.

    I don't know what kinds of software the CIA has available to them but, I would think that what they have is a lot better than the stuff I'm thinking of. Some of the software I'm aware of is used in the music business for instance.

    I'm not a psychological expert so, I can't debate you on those points. I do know geeks however, and this perp sounds like a real crazy one to me, IMHO.
    Hi dearest Downtwn, Please don't stress about your visit with W/S radio - we are there with you...if you're a reg person like most of us, I say - stick with what you know...IOW...you were chosen because you're intelligent, and have gathered a lot of info on this case and you have shared with us your perspective...don't worry about the voice-stress analyzer...you are not being called as an expert on that technology...(I don't think)

  7. #37
    So very true, just be yourself as if you are having a phone convo with a friend about this case. Don't let other things or people get in your head. Looking forward to this.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    383
    Looks like I am gonna have to sacrifice some sleep to catch the show. It will be on at 2 am here:-( Then I got early shift on top of that. But oh well. It is bound to be awesome.....

  9. #39
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,730
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricia View Post
    Dear Websleuths Members,

    On Sunday March 4th we will be tackling the task of trying to figure out the Long Island Serial Killer case on Websleuths Radio.

    8 PM Eastern on Blog Talk Radio. You can listen right here

    If you can't listen live you can listen any time just by clicking on the link after the show is over.

    I have invited several members of Websleuths who are very active in this forum.

    We will not be using real names. Just the names they use on Websleuths.


    *inspctrgadget
    *truth spider
    *peter brendt
    *Dwntwnslim



    Also joining us will be true crime author Ron Franscell. A fantastic author.
    http://www.ronfranscell.com/books/

    To say the least this show is going to be a bit hot.

    Hope you join us.

    Tricia

    On your right is a lower case "q" written by Patsy Ramsey
    On your left is a lower case "q" from the ransom note.
    Have you ever seen anyone else make their lower case "q" look like the number 8?
    This is one of an overwhelming number of examples that proves the ransom note was not written by an intruder.

    Hi Tricia

    I know this is off topic but since you included images and question about the lower case "q" from the Ramsey case, I thought I'd show you another person who make lower case q's like the once you have shown.

    Iīm a long time Zodiac killer reseacher and I am especially imterested in his many writing styles, the lower case "q" beeing especially interesting due to that it is so VERY rare.
    Actually my POI in the Zodiac case had a very close relative living a cupple of miles from the Ramsey's house.




    Hi, english is not my first language so please bear with me

  10. #40
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,730
    Looking very much forward to listen to the program today
    Hi, english is not my first language so please bear with me


  11. #41
    I'd like to nominate the foreigner for the radio show because they by far appear to know the most about the case (esp AC)

  12. #42
    ditto!

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    1,358
    I am looking forward to listening. Do you guys ever set up a type of recap thread for people to talk about what they heard on the radio show?

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    424
    Excited for the show tonight, good luck everyone, I know you'll all do great getting the word out on this case!!

  15. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by LINative13 View Post
    I am looking forward to listening. Do you guys ever set up a type of recap thread for people to talk about what they heard on the radio show?


    Yes, we will leave this thread open for discussion during and after the show. We also have a chat room on the site, but it goes away once the show is over.

    You can go to the show by following the link on my signature line. Sometimes you have to hit it twice for some reason!

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Will the Long Island Serial Killer ever be caught?
    By ps149 in forum Long Island Serial Killer
    Replies: 947
    Last Post: 11-18-2017, 06:32 PM
  2. Article: Police ID Long Island Serial Killer
    By Reannan in forum Long Island Serial Killer
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 11-13-2016, 11:50 PM
  3. 2012.03.04 - The Long Island Serial Killer case
    By Kimster in forum Websleuths Radio
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-04-2012, 08:21 PM