Page 11 of 68 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gxm View Post
    So the shooter wasn't "bullied," he was a jealous ex. I had a feeling, reading what the shooter had allegedly written, that this was over a girl. News reports say he is 17 which means he'll most likely be tried as an adult. And I can't see how this will be judged anything less than premeditated murder. Tragic all around.

Whenever I hear of these school shootings, my heart always goes out to the parents anxiously waiting to hear if their children are okay. And it breaks for the victims' parents who had every reason to believe their child was safe at school.
    Do you have a link to what he wrote? Thanks

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    If you look at the lake website ( I posted it upstream) Auburn is one of the partner schools for that program as well..

The kids in the cafeteria seemed to be waiting on buses to the vocational school and lake alternative school (and also kids eating breakfast/there early, etc)..

Based on what I have been reading I am sure he would have known kids from both schools... I, too, think he was primarily from Chardon district (the addy of the house currently being searched would fit this as well)...

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    The person in the "guns and knife" triptych does not bear a strong resemblance to the person pictured on a Facebook page - which appears to be that of the alleged shooter - or in a high school yearbook photograph of the same person.

see http://stevehuff.wordpress.com/2012/...hes-a-suspect/
    This makes sense to me with the footage I saw too...it didn't look like the same kid although it was grainy and far away.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Irish_Eyes For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ~n/t~ View Post
    Do you have a link to what he wrote? Thanks
    http://bit.ly/wIIRCP

I failed to find that quote on the specified Facebook page; may have missed it. The first line echoes the title of a Blue ÷yster Cult song, and B÷C is listed as one of the Facebook page-holder's favorite bands (along with decidedly non-threatening acts like Bright Eyes and Adele).

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

Wise Old Owl is offline Retired WS Staff & Founding member of AFKBPOFPOPL
    Keep going down wfgdot - its in the older posts. He says that he wrote it in class.

JMHO

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wise Old Owl For This Useful Post:

http://media.newsnet5.com/livestreampage

At link (posted earlier forgot by who, thanks)

Heard reporter saying they are going to have a live video with a student who was there link now shows off air though.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to QueenD For This Useful Post:

IF the linked FB page over at Steve Huff's blog is the right one, he posted it on December 30, 2011. For some reason, when I read it, it struck me as being about losing a girlfriend to another guy. But it may not even be his FB page and I may be reading a whole lot more into it.
    all my comments are just my opinion. jmho. moo. etc. etc.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gxm For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post
    Keep going down wfgdot - its in the older posts. He says that he wrote it in class.

JMHO
    Thanks, found it (finally!). I thought that was the entire piece of writing when it's actually just the last quarter of it.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

Cleveland.com is identifying the deceased student as Daniel Parmentor. Sending love and prayers to his family and friends.

18. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Irish_Eyes For This Useful Post:

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    One of the students - Daniel Parmertor - died shortly after arriving at Metro.

His family made the following statement:

"We are shocked by this senseless tragedy. Danny was a bright young boy who had a bright future ahead of him. The family is torn by this loss. We ask that you respect our privacy during this difficult time. "

No word on the conditions of the other victims at Metro.
    http://www.woio.com/story/17024182/breaking-chardon

rest in peace Daniel.... prayers to your family and friends

20. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

Most school districts have Alternative Schools for students. I know of two kids who do to illness or other reasons, missed a lot of school. They transfered over to the alternative school, who has no extra curricular activities and no elective courses. Both were good kids and ended up graduating early. You dont necessarily have to be a 'bad kid' to go to that type of school, but the majority of the students there are the trouble maker.

Students are saying the kid was bullied. Could it be that being bullied and then possibly having a friend start dating his ex push him over the edge?

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TXN4LIFE For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Eyes View Post
    Cleveland.com is identifying the deceased student as Daniel Parmentor. Sending love and prayers to his family and friends.
    A boy with a similar last name (one letter different) is listed as one of the alleged shooter's FB "friends."

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gxm For This Useful Post:

bellyup is offline "the more i see of man the more i like dogs." mme. de staŽl
    Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
    Medina police are sending patrol officers to all Medina City Schools Monday morning, hours after a shooting at Chardon High School.
    Chief of Police Patrick Berarducci said the officers were deployed as a show of force and a precautionary measure.
    Beraducci wants officers visible at all Medina schools.

Read more: http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/loc...#ixzz1nb29NrME

slightly o/t : I grew up near Medina...
    Interesting that Medina was the only school to react so strongly (and that it's being reported as such). Word on the ground is that there was a copycat threat made.
    "He who does not prevent a crime when he can, encourages it.Ē

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bellyup For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
    One of the students - Daniel Parmertor - died shortly after arriving at Metro.

His family made the following statement:

"We are shocked by this senseless tragedy. Danny was a bright young boy who had a bright future ahead of him. The family is torn by this loss. We ask that you respect our privacy during this difficult time. "

No word on the conditions of the other victims at Metro.
    http://www.woio.com/story/17024182/breaking-chardon

rest in peace Daniel.... prayers to your family and friends
    That's the last name of one of the alleged shooter's FB friends. My heart goes out to the Parmertor family. Can't even imagine being in their shoes.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gxm For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by gxm View Post
    So the shooter wasn't "bullied," he was a jealous ex. I had a feeling, reading what the shooter had allegedly written, that this was over a girl. News reports say he is 17 which means he'll most likely be tried as an adult. And I can't see how this will be judged anything less than premeditated murder. Tragic all around.

Whenever I hear of these school shootings, my heart always goes out to the parents anxiously waiting to hear if their children are okay. And it breaks for the victims' parents who had every reason to believe their child was safe at school.
    I didn't see that FB post as directed at an ex, as he says something like die, all of you at the end. Is there something else GF-related that I missed?

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to daisy7 For This Useful Post:

Page 11 of 68 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast