1139 users online (242 members and 897 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Arrow London Ontario - Tori Stafford murder trial begins jury selection

Area around the court house looked like a mad house. Hopefully the publication bad will be lifted, as thats on everyones minds i think as we go forward with this trial.

Jury selection begins Monday in the trial for the man accused of killing eight-year-old Victoria Stafford, who disappeared near her school in Woodstock, Ont., in April 2009.

Michael Rafferty is facing first-degree murder, sexual assault causing bodily harm and abduction charges.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toront...der-trial.html
    My opinion is MINE!

About 150 beg off serving as jurors in high-profile case

At the end of the first day, 63 people out of a pool of 224 had passed the first stage of screening. A second set of potential jurors is to face an initial screening Tuesday

http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/r.../19430826.html

MODS can we move this thread to the Trials forum?
    "No one believes a word out of your mouth, why do you keep talking?" --Ryan Owens (ABC News)

Jury pool down to 90

Though I fall, I fall like a star, streaming splendour through the sky.
    Justice has not failed Victoria... Rest in peace Angel.

Princess on Earth, Angel in Heaven

“If two points are destined to touch, the universe will always find a way to make the connection. Even when all hope seems lost, certain ties cannot be broken. They define who we are — and who we can become. Across space, across time, even across paths we cannot predict.” -Touch

I can't possibly imagine they will find any jurors that haven't been affected by this case.
    Praying for our lost babies ~ Come home Lisa!!

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    bumping up.... everyone remembers all the rules right????

Good morning everybody! We are opening a thread in the Trials forum until we can move Tori's forum here.

Please remember all the rules. And because this case is still under a modified publication ban, we can only discuss what is in the MSM, so be prepared to LINK your information.

Keep the following in mind:

First - a difference of opinion is NOT a TOS violation. Cheerleading for EITHER side is not a TOS violation, BUT being snarky and disrespectful about that opinion IS.

Second - if a post offends you, ALERT it. Remember, if you respond, it is on you and you may find yourself suffering the consequences for it.

Third - we are moving toward a zero tolerance policy. That means if you are snarky and rude, you may find yourself on TO.

Fourth - the mods will NOT be taking the time to send you pm's and hash it out. You will just see that you can no longer post.

Snarkyness includes avatars and siggy lines that are being used to convey messages you know you can't outright post.

If you have questions or concerns, PM a mod - DO NOT post them in the thread. Remember all the TOS and rules, please.

Thank you,

Salem

so, is anyone tweeting from jury selection or is there a complete ban?

rown and defence lawyers will begin picking a jury Wednesday from a pool of 116 people who remain following the first stage of jury selection in the trial of a man accused of killing an eight-year-old girl.
    http://www.thespec.com/news/ontario/...d-murder-trial

IMPORTANT INFO ON TRIAL COVERAGE:

During the trial the jury is set to visit the site where Tori’s body was found.

The 116 people will be asked several questions Wednesday and Thursday as the lawyers seek to pick 12 jurors and two alternates.

Rafferty’s trial was moved from Woodstock to London in light of publicity surrounding the girl’s death.

The trial is also expected to draw extensive media coverage, so Heeney has set some ground rules. Reporters can use devices such as laptops or smartphones but won’t be allowed to transmit from the courtroom.

However, a satellite courtroom will be set up for the trial, from which reporters will be allowed to electronically transmit information.

Members of the public won’t be permitted to use personal electronic devices in either courtroom.

Tori Stafford trial: Michael Rafferty pleads not guilty

LONDON, Ont. — A man accused in the kidnapping and murder of a young Ontario girl nearly three years ago was officially arraigned Wednesday.

Michael Thomas Rafferty, 31, pleaded not guilty to first-degree murder, kidnapping and sexual assault causing bodily harm in the disappearance of eight-year-old Victoria (Tori) Stafford.

http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/...111/story.html

Does anyone know if cameras will be allowed in the courtroom as long as the footage isn't shown to the public until the ban is lifted?

Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
    this link says no media devices in the courtroom but they can use their portable devices from a satellite court room...

I think we will be getting court drawings and tweets perhaps?

My heart is with Victoria's family. The hell they're going to have to go through again because Rafferty won't man up.

does anyone know what was done in the first trial in terms of coverage?

Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
    does anyone know what was done in the first trial in terms of coverage?
    I don't believe there was a trial for Terri-Lynne McClintic. She pleaded guilty and was sentenced to life in prison.

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast