1055 users online (197 members and 858 guests)  

Websleuths News

Long Beach, California

CA - Meldrick Melgoza, 16, & Carolina Ramirez, 15, Wilmington, 26 Feb 2012

Horrible crime. A 15-yr old girl and her boyfriend, chased down and executed on a Wilmington street. Neither was involved with gangs. The details are disturbing and sad.

So sad, they were so young. My heart goes out to their families.
    Staffies They're Softer Than You Think

"From where you're kneeling, it must seem like an 18-carat string of bad luck. But the truth is... the game was rigged from the start." Benny Fallout: New Vegas

"What is the most admirable creature on God's green Earth? Why, it's the bee! Have you ever seen a bee on vacation? Have you ever seen a bee take a sick day? Well, my friends, the answer is no! So I say, be... the bee! Be the bee!" - Jeremiah Fink Bioshock Infinite

San Diego
    In one article I read they said that there's gang presence in the area, but this couple were not gang members. But after a number of killings since the first of the year, LE had called in extra patrols to try and slow down or stop the violence. After two weeks, the violence had slowed down a great deal. But during the last few days prior to this incident, LE had to cut back and were due to come in again with extra officers on Monday. This murder happened on Sunday night.

What a shame. Two young lives lost for what? Wonder if these two were targeted by the gang element as they MAY have been talking to LE with the rest of the community.

I was thinking gang initiation killing? These kids were just innocent victims in the wrong place at the wrong time. Those who are being initiated into a gang do not care who they kill. They just have to kill in order to be a member of the gang.
    Justice for Trayvon

Sept 2012 - LAPD hold a press conference to announce a:

$75,000 reward for information leading to the identification, apprehension and conviction of the person or persons responsible for the murder of Meldrick Melgoza, and Carolina Ramirez

Sept 2012:

Anyone with information is asked to come forward - ANONYMOUSLY IF DESIRED - and call Detective Geiger or Detective Levant at 213-485-4341, or the 24 Hour Tip Line: 877-LAPD-24-7, text your tip with the word "LAPD" to CRIMES (274637) or send web tips at LAPDOnline.org and click on "Anonymous Web Tips."