UT UT - Rachael Runyan, 3, Sunset, 26 August 1982

cocomod

Reaction score
http://unsolvedmysteries.wikia.com/wiki/Rachael_Runyon

Details: Rachel Runyon was a beautiful three-year-old girl from Sunset, Utah. She was abducted from the city playground near her home in August 26, 1982 by a black man who drove away in blue midsize car. Twenty-four days later, her body was found dumped in a creek off of a dirt road in Morgan County.

Her murder remains unsolved

There is a $53,000 reward leading to the arrest and conviction of Rachael Runyon's killer.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=960&sid=19387611&s_cid=article-popular-4

Could the arrest of a man in Pennsylvania who was the subject of an Amber Alert provide any clues into a nearly 30-year-old cold case in Utah?

No one has ever been arrested in connection to the killing. Rachael's mother, Elaine Runyan-Simmons, has been an active advocate of finding missing children since her daughter's kidnapping.

Utah's Amber Alert system was still called the "Rachael Alert" — in honor of Runyan-Simmons' daughter

Runyan-Simmons said Monday she was waiting to hear from local investigators whether it was indeed the same man who was a suspect in her case.

RMRSWINGING_-_Copy.jpg

Rachael Runyan

It has been 30 years. I wish there could be justice for precious Rachael.

I hope they find who murdered her soon. It breaks my heart to think of what she went thru and what her Mother continues to go thru.

Any DNA in her case? It really scares me to know that there are monsters like this among us. I have always been aware of it, but never more so since the birth of my own 2 year old Daughter. Anybody know the real name of this suspect that was arrested in PA with possible ties to the Runyan case? PM me if so, thanks

BUMP: This case turns my Stomach. I don't know what made police have the theory that they do, but I just can't even comprehend that somebody could do something like this:

"Police believe that Rachel may have been videotaped in a snuff film, and that she was molested, abused, tortured, and murdered in the Film"

If all the above is true, I hope that Hell holds a special place for the person that did this.

BUMP: This case turns my Stomach. I don't know what made police have the theory that they do, but I just can't even comprehend that somebody could do something like this:

"Police believe that Rachel may have been videotaped in a snuff film, and that she was molested, abused, tortured, and murdered in the Film"

If all the above is true, I hope that Hell holds a special place for the person that did this.

Thank you for this link!

Also from this link:
Results: Unresolved. A former inmate living in New Mexico has become the prime suspect in the abduction/killing, but police do not have enough evidence to bring charges against him. The suspect has not been publicly identified.

Any DNA in her case? It really scares me to know that there are monsters like this among us. I have always been aware of it, but never more so since the birth of my own 2 year old Daughter. Anybody know the real name of this suspect that was arrested in PA with possible ties to the Runyan case? PM me if so, thanks

Hello! Sorry this is sort of a late reply. It took me a couple weeks, but I was able to find the suspect online and i am not sure if you have already. His name is Melvin Joe Reeves. He has been arrested multiple times in the past and has moved over 11 times since 1982, mostly all over Utah, New Mexico, Arkansas, and Texas. Recently in january of 2011, he was taken into custody for chocking his girlfriend and kidnapping/injuring their then 5 month old baby. If you look up his name you can read up on the news article. He is no longer in jail and last time I checked he has moved back in with his girlfriend, 15 year old step son, and his now four year old son, who will be five coincidentally in August. The family still resides in Pennsylvania.

Just from the evidence I have seen, and believe me I've done a TON of research on this case, there is a good chance he was indeed Rachael's killer. Just looking at this guys picture and violent history gives me the creeps.

Well, that is what the suspects sister told police before she recanted due to death threats from the man himself. Such a shame her rights were not protected. That should have been a huge red flag for police right there.

How hard could it be to see if this Suspect had a link to a vehicle like this one around the time of the murder? Not to profile, but a black man driving this kind of car should have stuck out around that area

suspectcar.png

How hard could it be to see if this Suspect had a link to a vehicle like this one around the time of the murder? Not to profile, but a black man driving this kind of car should have stuck out around that area

View attachment 78083

According to Rachael Runyan's father, they found evidence inside his vehicle. Whether or not it was the same one or similar to the one witnesses describe is unclear.

Bump..heartbreaking. Wish there was DNA saved somewhere. Poor baby, such a beautiful little girl!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Bump! Saw this on Unsolved Mysteries on Amazon Prime. What a sad case and I can't believe they haven't been able to pin this guy down!

ETA: Wow, the suspect mentioned above is a great match to the sketch in this case too.

How a Utah cold case is helping other missing children in the state

http://www.good4utah.com/news/local-news/how-a-utah-cold-case-is-helping-other-missing-children-in-the-state/796014564

On Saturday the Runyan family along with law enforcement and elected officials with gather at the park where Rachael was abducted. August 26 is known as Missing and Exploited Children's Day. On Saturday the day will officially be known as Rachael Runyan Day.

A memorial will also be unveiled at the park.

Elaine hopes the day will not only bring awareness to Rachael's case, but to other missing children's cases as well.

was interesting to find out that Rachael won a Little Miss Sunset contest. It was a local thing for fun, not a serious pageant like JonBenet Ramsey competed in. I read in the paper here that a "feminist" Mum was proud for telling off a shopping mall Santa for describing her daughter as pretty and beautiful. It makes me angry that if Rachael was a modern toddler, some women would have criticised those who called her beautiful.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back