SUSPECT: Anthony Allen Shore

nutkin

Reaction score
I think we have to consider the possibility that Shore could be responsible for more murders. He was so eager to ask for the death penalty, that it makes me think he might be the type to use future confessions as leverage once that time comes.

Prison info: http://www.texastribune.org/library/data/texas-prisons/inmates/anthony-allen-shore/87662/

Info. from Wikipedia: [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Allen_Shore"]Anthony Allen Shore - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

I can't believe we didn't have a thread on Shore. Thanks for starting one.

Shore confessed to four murders between 1986-1995, Laurie Lee Tremblay, Maria del Carmen Estrada, Dana Sanchez, and Diana Rebollar, and the rape of a 14 year-old in her home. He sexually assaulted his own daughters, raped his wife and girlfriends, and as a 5 year-old child, stabbed his sister with a knife.

Shore was convicted only in Estrada's murder. Due to a lack of DNA evidence, he wasn't prosecuted for the other murders even though circumstantial evidence and his own confessions made him a viable suspect. He even called in a tip to a television station with directions to Sanchez' body. Tremblay was strangled with a cotton cord. The other three were strangled with a tourniquet.

Unlike the other three girls who had been strangled with a ligature
and garrote, there had been no ligature left behind and no evidence that a garrote had been used. Shore told Swaim that Laurie had been his first killing and that he had not used any wood with the rope. He said that the ligature broke twice before he succeeded in killing Laurie and that he damaged the nerves in his fingers during this offense. From then on, he said, he used a piece of wood or something to twist the ligature.
Excellent article at the link:

http://www.tdcaa.com/sites/default/files/newsletter/JF05Prosecutor.pdf

He's said to be extremely intelligent. And he was last employed as what else, a tow truck driver.

Attachments

• MARIA DEL CARMEN ESTRADA.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 8
From the information I've seen, he wasn't arrested until October 2003, so he could be responsible for murders to that point.

There is an article (I need to find again) that said there was a set of bones found just blocks from Shore's home when he was arrested. The ME determined they were from a young female, but couldn't determine anything else. The victim was wearing only a t-shirt and a looped cord was found nearby.

Anthony Allen Shore

TDCJ #999488
Polunsky Unit - DR
3872 F.M. 350 South
Livingston, Texas 77351

December 6, 2004

Greetings and warm regards from Texas Death Row.

My name is Anthony Allen Shore, my friends and family know me as Tony. I am 42 years old, born in Rapid City, South Dakota, June 25, 1962. I have traveled and lived all over the USA from cost to coast, eventually moving to Houston, Texas in January of 1981.

http://www.deathrow-usa.us/AnthonyShore.htm

Anthony Allen Shore was born on June 25, 1962 in South Dakota. He was born the eldest in his family.

At a young age Shore was known to have killed a kitten because he was told he wasn’t allowed to play with it. Throughout his childhood he was abusive to his sister, going as far as to put a screwdriver into her skull. Shore claimed that by the age of 13 he was being molested by his mother. Shore would go on to get married twice and have charges pressed against him for molesting his children. These charges were filed before it was known that he had committed any murders. After these charges had been filed Shore was made to give his DNA and become listed as a sexual offender.

http://serialkillers.briancombs.net/tag/anthony-allen-shore/

Anthony Allen Shore was charged with the murders of four people.

Laurie Lee Tremblay
Laurie, age 15, was strangled to death and sexually assaulted on September 26, 1986.

Carmen Estrada
Carmen, age 21, was strangled to death and sexually assaulted on April 16, 1992.

Diana Rebollar
Diana, age 9, was strangled to death and sexually assaulted on August, 7, 1994.

Dana Sanchez
Dana was raped and strangled on July 6, 1995.

A potential victim of Shore is Erica Ann Garcia.

She disappeared on June 7, 1997 around 1:00 AM. She had gone to a teen night club called Dimension on Beechnut with her boyfriend and some friends. At the end of the night, her friend asked if she wanted to ride the bus with her, but she declined stating that someone was coming to pick her up. She may have gone to Boone Rd. and Bellaire after leaving the club.

Her body was found at about 8:00 AM the same day inside the boarded-up and vacant Alief General Hospital at 11101 Bellaire, about 1 mile from the club she had gone to. Her body was found by a security guard.

She was partially clothed and had been sexually assaulted. COD was strangulation. She had been strangled with her own underwear. (No garrote this time, but Shore had strangled other ways before.)

I'm not sure if DNA was recovered in the case and if there was DNA if Shore's DNA was compared (surely it would be, but you never know with HPD).

Erica Ann Garcia, 14. Last seen at teen club on Beechnut early hours of June 7, 1997. Body found same day at vacant Alief General Hospital.

Still an unsolved case.

Does anybody know what happened to his daughter Amber shore or where she is now? She's autistic, I heard she got the worst of the abuse and went down the wrong path

WELCOME to Websleuths Apefizzle

:welcome6:

:welcome:

:wagon:

This is the first time I've seen the name mentioned.. From Wikipedia:

Selma Janske

On October 19, 1993, Shore entered the home of fourteen-year-old Selma Janske, then bound and sexually assaulted her; however, he did not kill her, and instead fled the scene on foot.[4]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahlm8627
Back