930 users online (158 members and 772 guests)  

Websleuths News

TX - 'I didn't even want to be a cheerleader': Daughter of crazed Pom-Pom Mom

'I didn't even want to be a cheerleader': Daughter of crazed 'Pom-Pom Mom' finally breaks silence over 1991 Texas cheerleading murder plot that 'ruined her world'
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...=feeds-newsxml

Now after the 20th anniversary of her mother's arrest in Channelview, Texas, Shanna Widner has broken her silence, revealing how the scandal 'ruined her world' and has haunted her ever since.

It had all started with Holloway's determination to ensure her daughter would become a cheerleader and fulfill the dream she was denied as a teenager because of her strict upbringing.

Shanna was plagued by depression and anxiety attacks, which brought on stomach pains and rashes, and her once close relationship with her mother became non-existent.

Many remember this case from 1991. Shanna Harper Widner speaks out for the first time. Clearly, there is estrangement between mother and daughter. Wanda Holloway is a toxic person, like Lori Drew or Casey Anthony. However, no one got killed. Holloway is lot like Drew.

Wow that mum puts the toddlers and tiaras mums to shame. But then again I can see some of the mum’s on that show going to the same extremes.
    Staffies They're Softer Than You Think

"From where you're kneeling, it must seem like an 18-carat string of bad luck. But the truth is... the game was rigged from the start." – Benny Fallout: New Vegas

"What is the most admirable creature on God's green Earth? Why, it's the bee! Have you ever seen a bee on vacation? Have you ever seen a bee take a sick day? Well, my friends, the answer is no! So I say, be... the bee! Be the bee!" - Jeremiah Fink Bioshock Infinite

Oh my. I vaguely remember reading about this. Well, I'm glad Shanna seems to have turned out well and has a healthy and loving family.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilachaze View Post
    Wow that mum puts the toddlers and tiaras mums to shame. But then again I can see some of the mum’s on that show going to the same extremes.
    Sadly, parents live vicariously through their children. Sadly, we have plenty of parents like that. They are social climbers and some take it to the extremes, like Wanda Holloway or Lori Drew.

Quote Originally Posted by brighidin View Post
    Oh my. I vaguely remember reading about this. Well, I'm glad Shanna seems to have turned out well and has a healthy and loving family.
    Shanna turned out fine despite her crazy mother.