Thread: Savannah Hardin, 9 - Died running (punishment)

Savannah Hardin, 9 - Died running (punishment)

2 charged in death of Ala girl forced to run

"Authorities say 9-year-old Savannah Hardin died after being forced to run for three hours as punishment for having lied to her grandmother about eating candy bars. Severely dehydrated, the girl had a seizure and died days later. Now, her grandmother and stepmother who police say meted out the punishment were taken to jail Wednesday and face murder charges.
    Witnesses told deputies Savannah was told to run and not allowed to stop for three hours on Friday, an Etowah County Sheriff's Office spokeswoman said. The girl's stepmother, 27-year-old Jessica Mae Hardin, called police at 6:45 p.m., telling them Savannah was having a seizure and was unresponsive."

IMO, there's more to this story. I think this child went through something even more horrific - starvation and neglect.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vlpate For This Useful Post:

There's just no way to understand the ignorance of some parents, nor their cruelty. Three hours... because of a candy bar? There is an odd twist to the justice that will come to those two women: being incarcerated with other mothers in a world where candy bars are highly prized currency. I imagine they'll do some "running" of their own-- and for the rest of their lives, they'll WISH they were dead.

There you have it.

RIP, little Savannah. What a beautiful, sparkling, child you were... I take solace in knowing that you're romping, playing, skipping, and laughing in a place where love is without question.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Quiche For This Useful Post:

Several pages of discussion with lots of details, including official documents, located in the link below. I hope these baby killers face serious punishment. They basically tortured this poor little girl to death.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ghlight=Hardin

6. The Following User Says Thank You to TracyLynnS For This Useful Post: