Was the carpet removed from Lisa's room?

vlpate

Reaction score
I'm almost convinced that the carpet, or "rug", as Cindy called it, was taken from Lisa's room.

Cindy Short made a point of showing no carpet was taken from the parent's room. She even demonstrated it. Her tour showed every floor in the Irwin house, except the floor in Lisa's room. In fact, the entire video by Short was in color and fairly clear - except Lisa's room, it's in a weird black and white. DB made a point of saying, on Dr. Phil that nothing was taken from their bedroom, nothing. She didn't say anything about the baby's room, that I can recall. It's obvious the bed was moved after the search and the furniture in the room taken apart by looking at the video and various pictures of the room. You'll notice the chest of drawers is taken apart and moved.

In this video, taken by Short, you see the chest of drawers, in tact - notice how the color of the photo is different from all the others - this is the only one in Short's video showing the floor.
picture.php

Here, drawers are taken out and at the end of the bed:

picture.php

Click here for the video to see how the floor looks bare where Peter is walking: 1:35
picture.php

A shot of the room prior to the search:
picture.php

I am starting to wonder if Lisa was asleep in the crib that night, seems there is something different in that crib with every flash besides Lisa.

Very good point.

Not sure what point is being made about the floor. In the third pic down, the arrow is pointing to the portion of the wall under the window, not the floor.

You would expect the furniture to be moved, LE had searched the room.

what color is the carpet in the boys' room? the show logo is obscuring the view for me...

the carpet in the parent's rm is the typical beige... but lisa's "carpet" looks very dark - like a chocolate brown. why the stark color difference? was it laid down over beige carpeting? why? was a second carpet used to pad the floor for a baby?

from the last pic, it seems it doesn't go quite to the edge of the wall... there appears to be a gap b/w it and the white trim... not sure if there's beige carpet underneath...

what was the carpet roll that was shown being carried by LE during the search? did any media report on that? i don't remember...

interesting thread, vl!

and WHY are the garbage bags still over the window? if put there by LE, why wouldn't you pull them off before showing a room/house to media?

and all those short little sections of tape seem odd to me if put there by LE... if they were taping up a window, i don't think they'd do it like this... ???

I don't know about the carpet, but I do know that the window was covered with garbage bags to darken the room for Luminol testing and the short pieces of tape are there to shut out the little shards of light that would come in from gaps in the bags. I don't think that anyone had any rights to remove or change anything from when LE left it that way. This is normal for a search.

It wasn't listed on the search warrant inventory. Do people think that LE would screw up such a potential important piece of evidence as not to list it in the inventory and take a chance that it would most very likely get dismissed as evidence by a judge for improper seizure? I don't think so.

what color is the carpet in the boys' room? the show logo is obscuring the view for me...

the carpet in the parent's rm is the typical beige... but lisa's "carpet" looks very dark - like a chocolate brown. why the stark color difference? was it laid down over beige carpeting? why? was a second carpet used to pad the floor for a baby?

from the last pic, it seems it doesn't go quite to the edge of the wall... there appears to be a gap b/w it and the white trim... not sure if there's beige carpet underneath...

what was the carpet roll that was shown being carried by LE during the search? did any media report on that? i don't remember...

interesting thread, vl!

It looks photoshopped out to me. They did the same thing with some of the surveillance pictures of Julia Biryukova in the Sky Metalwala case.

The carpet is not listed in the inventory on the affidavit. I can only think of two possibilities.

There was no evidence on the carpet. Since we know they took a comforter, a blanket and and outfit, it's not hard to come up with a scenario for that where the house would still be a crime scene. An example. . .the comforter is on the floor near the bed, they find the blanket and outfit rolled up and stuffed in a heating duct. We don't know what the dogs hit on and we don't know where any of the items were found.

The second scenario I'm not sure, so just theorizing and MOO. Could there have been a second SW? One that was sealed and granted on the testimony of an informant? We know this search was after Jersey was in custody. If there is any chance that he was a witness to anything that happened that night, it could be a possibility. Idk if I believe this, but it's not unheard of for a second SW to be granted. If it was based on informant information that they wanted to keep secret. . .it's a maybe.

It wasn't listed on the search warrant inventory. Do people think that LE would screw up such a potential important piece of evidence as not to list it in the inventory and take a chance that it would most very likely get dismissed as evidence by a judge for improper seizure? I don't think so.

I have been mulling the bags and bags of stuff that was removed from the house the day of the warrant and truly wonder if the FBI didn't execute their own warrant at the same time. FBI documents on active cases can be sealed. Seriously curious if there is a FBI warrant return in existance listing everything removed over and above those 7 items listed on the PD warrant return.

I have been mulling the bags and bags of stuff that was removed from the house the day of the warrant and truly wonder if the FBI didn't execute their own warrant at the same time. FBI documents on active cases can be sealed. Seriously curious if there is a FBI warrant return in existance listing everything removed over and above those 7 items listed on the PD warrant return.

Ahhh. . .I didn't even think of that. It would make sense. I would be surprised if there wasn't a warrant for wiretapping and tracking too. We have never heard that, but I would expect it happened.

ETA- It bothers me that the baby bath is in the crib. It's out of place and odd. Is there some significance? Did they want us to see it for a reason?

I'm almost convinced that the carpet, or "rug", as Cindy called it, was taken from Lisa's room.

Respectfully Snipped :

:rocker: I believe you are on to something here, vlpate !

Thank You for this thread ... very interesting ...

JMO and MOO ...

If FBI conducted a search why haven't we heard about it since some seem convinced if DB left the house to search we would hear about it?

The second scenario I'm not sure, so just theorizing and MOO. Could there have been a second SW? One that was sealed and granted on the testimony of an informant? We know this search was after Jersey was in custody. If there is any chance that he was a witness to anything that happened that night, it could be a possibility. Idk if I believe this, but it's not unheard of for a second SW to be granted. If it was based on informant information that they wanted to keep secret. . .it's a maybe.

Respectfully Snipped & BBM:

I agree ... and I think this is a good possibility ...

JMO ... the number of items that were taken from the home seem like a small amount of items when you compare it to the "time-frame" that they searched ... it seems like there would have been MORE items taken during that long, 17 hour search ...

And when you look at how "tight lipped" LE has been about this case, I bet LE did NOT want that "Original Search Warrant" released to the public in the first place ...

So is this possible :

LE was there for what was contained in the [original] Search Warrant ...

And AFTER LE had done some searching, could it be that they found "something" that was NOT contained in the Original Search Warrant, and so they had to get a "Second Search Warrant" to cover themselves ?

And LE wanted this "POSSIBLE" second warrant SEALED ... because they did NOT want to "let any more cats out of the bag" :waitasec:

Could this have been for the "carpet" -- or some other items ?

:maddening: I sure wish LE would tell the public something ... anything ... how about a "crumb" ...

JMO and MOO ...

Ahhh. . .I didn't even think of that. It would make sense. I would be surprised if there wasn't a warrant for wiretapping and tracking too. We have never heard that, but I would expect it happened.

ETA- It bothers me that the baby bath is in the crib. It's out of place and odd. Is there some significance? Did they want us to see it for a reason?

Didn't we discuss the items left in the crib AFTER the police search . . . along with the dark coverings over the windows?

IIRC in other threads that we determined:

LE could have placed the items in the crib while searching Lisa's room & LE could have left the dark covering on the windows after using Luminol in Lisa's room. We determined that LE does not clean up after searches & there are companies out there that specialize in "crime scene clean up", so . . .

If carpet was taken during the search, it would have been documented by LE. Otherwise, that is a huge piece of evidence to throw out of trial.

I am sure that if another search warrant was filed for that reporters would be clamoring over that info. It would be public info even if the actual document was sealed. That public info is exactly how we found out about the original warrant in the first place. We would have still known of a search warrant even if it had been sealed, the info for it was still filed.

I totally anticipated this response, and I asked AZLawyer about that. He said there could have been other search warrants that were not released - there could be inventory they had permission to take during the consented searches.

One thing is for sure, they took more out of the house than those 7 items listed on the inventory.

I totally anticipated this response, and I asked AZLawyer about that. He said there could have been other search warrants that were not released - there could be inventory they had permission to take during the consented searches.

One thing is for sure, they took more out of the house than those 7 items listed on the inventory.

BBM: I totally agree -- LE was there for over 17 hours -- JMO but they took MORE than just those 7 items listed ... and they also took hundreds of x-rays ...

LE and the DA can get a warrant SEALED by a Judge ... there ARE "exceptions" to the rule ...

MOO ...

Not sure what point is being made about the floor. In the third pic down, the arrow is pointing to the portion of the wall under the window, not the floor.

You would expect the furniture to be moved, LE had searched the room.

If you watch the link, you see it is not the wall. In the other pictures the wall is a mutstard looking color and there is crown moulding or a very wide, white trim - the carpet is dark. Look at the video that the still was taken from and you will see the bottom of the black bags are much lower to the floor than in the original pictures.

Forget the arrow, look at the video.

Of course some people aren't going to see it because they don't see anything that might lead to Lisa dying in her room.

But the filings would still be public and I am sure reporters have went to district (Clay County) court and federal court (downtown KC) to find out. They have not found any to our knowledge.

Search warrant filings thus are court-related public records, and they can have very detailed information on a criminal case being investigated.

http://multimedia.journalism.berkeley.edu/tutorials/police-records/search-warrants/

Another site for search and seizure requirements

http://www.law.cornell.edu/rules/frcrmp/rule_41

Didn't we discuss the items left in the crib AFTER the police search . . . along with the dark coverings over the windows?

IIRC in other threads that we determined:

LE could have placed the items in the crib while searching Lisa's room & LE could have left the dark covering on the windows after using Luminol in Lisa's room. We determined that LE does not clean up after searches & there are companies out there that specialize in "crime scene clean up", so . . .

If carpet was taken during the search, it would have been documented by LE. Otherwise, that is a huge piece of evidence to throw out of trial.

No, the items in the crib were not there after the search warrant search. These items were discussed after those first pictures of Lisa's room were released before the search warrant.

Clearly, if you watch the videos after the search, those items are gone from the bed and the bags are redone.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back