1321 users online (307 members and 1014 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

The Killing Season News
This page is dedicated to A&E's The Killing Season - an immersive true crime series following filmmakers, Joshua Zeman and Rachel Mills, as they uncover a real-life American nightmare while investigating the Long Island Serial Killer and other unsolved cases across the country.

• TONIGHT SEASON FINALE - Join Josh and Rachel tonight on Twitter, #TheKillingSeason, as they discuss the final two episodes of The Killing Season! Tweeting starts at 8:30 PM Eastern final episodes on A&E start at 9:00 PM Eastern
  • WEBSLEUTHS RADIO - Every Tuesday, join Josh, Rachel and special guests to discuss the latest episode and share your theories on air.
    Next show this Tuesday, Dec 6th 8-9:30 PM EST Episodes 7 and 8 DiscussedCLICK HERE

Join the Long Island Serial Killer discussion going now, RIGHT HERE on Websleuths

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny9 View Post
    yes,very strange,maybe for dna evidence?i cant see a piece of driftwood doing much damage tho,its very lite once it is weathered
    ok now that im looking at it close up,it looks like maybe the skeleton was hanging at some point from the driftwood,i see some kind of rope that looks like it is attached to it.im also saying this because i make windchimes and i hang them from driftwood.and a piece that sie can probably hold a skeleton hanging from it.i have no idea what a skeleton would way but i do know that the piece of wood that size can hols at least 15lbs.

ok now that im looking at it close up,it looks like maybe the skeleton was hanging at some point from the driftwood,i see some kind of rope that looks like it is attached to it.im also saying this because i make windchimes and i hang them from driftwood.and a piece that sie can probably hold a skeleton hanging from it.i have no idea what a skeleton would way but i do know that the piece of wood that size can hols at least 15lbs.
    I think the wood is there because the skeleton is leaning on it. Move it disturb the body. As for the thing from neck to the right. Looks like upper arm bone. Thing directly below the skull looks like rib bone?

Evidence markers feet away make me think that the remains were pretty well disturbed. I hate saying it but, there seems to be alot missing....

Quote Originally Posted by KPCrimeNY View Post
    I think the wood is there because the skeleton is leaning on it. Move it disturb the body. As for the thing from neck to the right. Looks like upper arm bone. Thing directly below the skull looks like rib bone?

Evidence markers feet away make me think that the remains were pretty well disturbed. I hate saying it but, there seems to be alot missing....
    yes like the bottom half of body.legs and feet and whats even more amazing is dormer theory was her pants and shoes fell off while running,but wheres her shirt?

yes like the bottom half of body.legs and feet and whats even more amazing is dormer theory was her pants and shoes fell off while running,but wheres her shirt?
    As far as I know, those remains in the picture is not Shannon Gilberts remains.
    Hi, english is not my first language so please bear over with me

Quote Originally Posted by Theforeigner View Post
    As far as I know, those remains in the picture is not Shannon Gilberts remains.
    thats right, they are G4, unknown to us.

Piece of Wood

Maybe it is a possible murder weapon? In a rage the killer chased this person as she ran into thicket that was about to become her final resting place? Used the first thing he saw as a weapon?

I finally found the link I was looking for:

"One source also said that all of the four female victims found in December were strangled. One had an "item" around her neck."

BBM - anyone know when the picture we are discussing was originally posted?

http://www.newsday.com/news/breaking...case-1.2811767

I've been searching thru videos all afternoon and finally found the one that I took the screen capture from that I posted a pic of above

http://www.wpix.com/videobeta/?watch...7-680a5e00394a

video states this was the first body found on Saturday in December 2010

correcting my post....I previously thought Waterman was the first body found but according to Dormer she was not...

so, I'm still not sure if this is Barthelemy or Brainard-Barnes?
    Last edited by MrsPC; 03-25-2012 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsPC View Post
    I've been searching thru videos all afternoon and finally found the one that I took the screen capture from that I posted a pic of above

http://www.wpix.com/videobeta/?watch...7-680a5e00394a

video states this was the first body found on Saturday in December 2010

correcting my post....I previously thought Waterman was the first body found but according to Dormer she was not...

so, I'm still not sure if this is Barthelemy or Brainard-Barnes?
    The first victim found was Melissa Barthelemy, she was found Dec 11, 2010.

Maureen Brainard-Barnes was the first victim to disappear July 9, 2007
    Hi, english is not my first language so please bear over with me

was watching several of the older news videos the other night & caught a glimpse of another set of skeletal remains that were located...not sure which victim this was
    Thanks MrsPC, It seems the body was on it's back but the head is not facing upwards, but rather to the side. Interesting taking AC into consideration. Has anyone answered as to who this remains is? {I haven't read all the posts here yet ;}

ETA: Thanks, now I see it is Melissa's remains. We saw another photo of one of the GB4 skeletons when they first found them. Is this the same skeleton or a different one? If so, I'm wondering which way the skull was facing in that photo that had several LE officers standing around it.

Quote Originally Posted by scandi View Post
    Thanks MrsPC, It seems the body was on it's back but the head is not facing upwards, but rather to the side. Interesting taking AC into consideration. Has anyone answered as to who this remains is? {I haven't read all the posts here yet ;}

ETA: Thanks, now I see it is Melissa's remains. We saw another photo of one of the GB4 skeletons when they first found them. Is this the same skeleton or a different one? If so, I'm wondering which way the skull was facing in that photo that had several LE officers standing around it.
    the other (different remains) skeleton photo is here:

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/m...afilter=images

the other (different remains) skeleton photo is here:

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/m...afilter=images
    Thank you so much for that. You are so quick!

Well the skull seems to be facing the same direction as the other. Maybe it is just gravity that pulls a round object to the side. Do we know whose remains this is?

skeletons

Maybe the SK meticulously dissected and stripped the remains, crafting them into skeletons models. It wouldn't be the first time a SK did such a thing. I mean, what a trophy right? He could keep the whole trophy right in his home or office and get away with it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

did any LI locals here about a body that was found friday nite by the hospital rd exit on sunrise hwy?very strange that it was mentioned briefly on news12 fri nite and now i cannot find anything in newsday or news12,also my friend was on her way to work saturday morn about 5 am and said she saw crimescene van and police there!

did any LI locals here about a body that was found friday nite by the hospital rd exit on sunrise hwy?very strange that it was mentioned briefly on news12 fri nite and now i cannot find anything in newsday or news12,also my friend was on her way to work saturday morn about 5 am and said she saw crimescene van and police there!
    Didn't hear it.
    Find it hard to believe it missed the news though

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast