796 users online (97 members and 699 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

News

This case needs news. Something big (hate to say it) but, this time when it something happpens it needs to go really big! Hate to make comparisons but there is a case in the news we all know right now. People involved all over TV, Today show, morning show, news shows and etc. Rallies have started around the country.

I have two stances because I can respect what the police need to do and hold things close. This case is quite different I understnad but, I fear way too little people know what's going on.

I said a few days earlier. People around here couldn't point you to Manorville. I sat at work the other night and talked about this case for and hour an a half to three guys that had no clue. They all live here, grew up here and range from 35-45. Thet read the occasional Newsday article but, that's about it and not near what we know. I looked

What makse me think this as well is the silence.
    I hat to sound sick but, why don't we have a group of missing prostitutes somewhere. I fear we do and we don't know it!

I dont think i've met a single person in NYC who has heard about this case

Quote Originally Posted by SherlockHomes View Post
    I dont think i've met a single person in NYC who has heard about this case
    I would bet $$ that SJY has heard about it...lol

This is for the posters who are researching the sex trafficking angle. I wasn't sure where to put this link so, I thought I would try here. This incident took place in Madrid, Spain:

Huffington Post
    Bar Code Pimps: Prostitute Tattooos
    In Spain Mark Madrid Sex Traffic
    Police Bust
    Posted 03/25/2012 3:14 pm Updated: 03/25/2012 3:15 pm
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1378270.html

"Spanish police have arrested 22 alleged pimps in connection with a prostitution ring in Madrid -- and some even allegedly tattooed their prostitutes as a sign of "ownership," the Associated Press reports."

Quote Originally Posted by KPCrimeNY View Post
    This case needs news. Something big (hate to say it) but, this time when it something happpens it needs to go really big! Hate to make comparisons but there is a case in the news we all know right now. People involved all over TV, Today show, morning show, news shows and etc. Rallies have started around the country.

I have two stances because I can respect what the police need to do and hold things close. This case is quite different I understnad but, I fear way too little people know what's going on.

I said a few days earlier. People around here couldn't point you to Manorville. I sat at work the other night and talked about this case for and hour an a half to three guys that had no clue. They all live here, grew up here and range from 35-45. Thet read the occasional Newsday article but, that's about it and not near what we know. I looked

What makse me think this as well is the silence.
    I hat to sound sick but, why don't we have a group of missing prostitutes somewhere. I fear we do and we don't know it!
    LE should release a piece of the phone call that the LISK killer made to Melissa Barthelemy's little sister in July-August 2009!.
    (I`m 99% sure that LE recorded some of those phonecalls)

THAT would cause a HUGHE media kick, and i belive LOTS of people pay interest and attention to the case, not to mention that somone might recognize the killers voice.

I know one reason why they donīt do that, is that they would probably get
    1000nds of people calling in saying that the voice is their neighbor's, relative's, x-husband's etc. etc. etc, however I think they should do it anyway.
    IMHO, Itīs probably their best lead. And no doubt their best chance to get the case up front in the media.
    Hi, english is not my first language so please bear over with me

Quote Originally Posted by Theforeigner View Post
    LE should release a piece of the phone call that the LISK killer made to Melissa Barthelemy's little sister in July-August 2009!.

THAT would cause a HUGHE media kick, and i belive LOTS of people pay interest and attention to the case, not to mention that somone might recognize the killers voice.

1000nds of people calling in saying that the voice is their neighbor's, relative's, x-husband's etc. etc. etc, however I think they should do it anyway.
    IMHO, Itīs probably their best lead. And no doubt their best chance to get the case up front in the media.
    Thanks, I just feel like there is something going on and being missed without it staying out there. Then again if their was 4 girls missing in say VA the police would be on that right? Almost 2 yrs and nothing obvious linked to GB4. The spot was found so thats easy to answer but, the silence is starting to get deafening!

Question ?

Quote Originally Posted by MrsPC View Post
    I would bet $$ that SJY has heard about it...lol

Who is SJY? An Oak Beach resident?

Quote Originally Posted by NoviceSleuth View Post
    Who is SJY? An Oak Beach resident?
    yes, the rehab guy who lives in Manhattan

Any news on SY? He has two wikipedia entries lol. He's the only player here who runs a rehab, has international sex trade ties, works in midtown west. Locals say he is a known patron of prostitutes and he is bisexual. Fluke says hes friends with JB. SY is also older. Yohay kinda makes Dr. Hackett look like an innocent little skool girl IMHO

Mari Gilbert once said to not look into SY for our own safety. He also matches the AC sketch. This guy fits the criteria.

Quote Originally Posted by SherlockHomes View Post
    Any news on SY? He has two wikipedia entries lol. He's the only player here who runs a rehab, has international sex trade ties, works in midtown west. Locals say he is a known patron of prostitutes and he is bisexual. Fluke says hes friends with JB. SY is also older. Yohay kinda makes Dr. Hackett look like an innocent little skool girl IMHO

Mari Gilbert once said to not look into SY for our own safety. He also matches the AC sketch. This guy fits the criteria.
    he's still higher on the totem pole of my list of possible suspects too

I can remember during the 70's living in San Francisco, there was a lot of scary gossip about Synanon (which this person is associated with) being a nefarious cult to stay away from. It is the idea that he uses Synanon techniques that raises red flags for me. I couldn't help but notice a number of males who have been murdered over the years on LI, and except for the tranny found near the GB4, I don't see these murders being the work of the person who killed the four women. A bisexual killer would make sense for all the male bodies, and if that SK has left LI or the states, with a lot of money he will never be caught and can continue his killing in other countries.
    Last edited by Redbird; 03-28-2012 at 11:54 PM. Reason: clarify

Quote Originally Posted by Theforeigner View Post

One would hope that SOMEBODY was recording these calls. I'd think putting snippets of the calls in the media would be a great move forward. Didn't the Unibomber get caught because the NYT released his manifesto in the paper and his very own brother recognized the Unibomber's unique way of phrasing things?

Question is, did they record the calls legally. If not, are they allowed to release the recordings? I confess that I don't know the answer myself...

Quote Originally Posted by Redbird View Post
    I can remember during the 70's living in San Francisco, there was a lot of scary gossip about Synanon (which this person is associated with) being a nefarious cult to stay away from. It is the idea that he uses Synanon techniques that raises red flags for me. I couldn't help but notice a number of males who have been murdered over the years on LI, and except for the tranny found near the GB4, I don't see these murders being the work of the person who killed the four women. A bisexual killer would make sense for all the male bodies, and if that SK has left LI or the states, with a lot of money he will never be caught and can continue his killing in other countries.
    I don't know many details about SY. But when it comes to the bi-sexual angle, re: men found near Manorville, I have read about another missing guy who disappeared after he set up a random meeting with a man at one of the popular hookup sites between LIE Exits 68 and 70.

I also found that Jones Beach Parking area 6 is a well known hookup site for gay men.

If it is the same man who is responsible for some of the women, he is probably not responsible for any of the GB4.

I'm not really sure where to put this, so I'm putting it here. There is a missing 22 year old woman from Philly that reportedly left for Atlantic City in mid March with her boyfriend and has not been heard from since. Her family is indicating that she may be engaged in prostitution. Her missing thread is here (but there aren't many more details available) [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167189"]PA PA - Franchesca Alvarado, 22, Philadelphia / Atlantic City NJ, 17 March 2012 - - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]
    Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans. J. Lennon NYC

Quote Originally Posted by Clem Snide View Post
    One would hope that SOMEBODY was recording these calls. I'd think putting snippets of the calls in the media would be a great move forward. Didn't the Unibomber get caught because the NYT released his manifesto in the paper and his very own brother recognized the Unibomber's unique way of phrasing things?

Question is, did they record the calls legally. If not, are they allowed to release the recordings? I confess that I don't know the answer myself...
    It also could be if LE uses a call in the media the prosecutor might not be able to use it in court. Don't know for sure.

Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast