1159 users online (255 members and 904 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

MO - Mom Allegedly Assaults Drug Dealer Trying To Supply Son With Heroin

http://fox2now.com/2012/02/28/mom-al...in/?hpt=ju_bn5

“They came to my house,” Sherrie Gavan says. “They came to my work looking for him. Trying to get him to buy again when he was clean.”

In the statement she says she hit the man with a baseball bat, telling him to get away. When he approached her again, she says she hit him a second time.

“It is the state prosecuting me for trying to protect my son. And I’m just at this point I don’t know what to do. I could lose my job. I could lose everything I own because I was trying to protect my son.”

I'm sorry, but - Go Mom!
    Forum: Jury Room
    Thread: Most interesting classic unsolved murder cases

This thread currently has over 350 cases with a brief synopsis of each and we are still adding additional cases.

You can access a spreadsheet that lists the cases in alphabetical order with the page & post number so that you can locate a particular case you may be interested in. It also contains links to any cases that already have a thread on WS.

Many cases do not have a thread. Please feel free to start one in the appropriate forum if you would like to look into one. Should you start a thread on one of these cases, please let me know so that I can add the link to the spreadsheet.

Here is the link for the spreadsheet in alphabetical order:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hl=en_US#gid=0

Here is the link for the spreadsheet in country order:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...FBBcGVid0lmUHc
    =======================================

Forum: Jury Room
    Thread: Cold But Not Too Old Murder Case List

This is a listing of newer but still cold cases. As with the above thread we will be adding as we go along. Most of these cases will probably have threads. If you do start a new one, please let me know so I can add the link to the spreadsheets. The spreadsheets may be accessed from the links below.

Here is the link for the spreadsheet in alphabetical order:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...mlNV2lSQ1dDWHc

Here is the link for the spreadsheet in country order:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...FBIaHRnR1g0SEE

Sherrie Gavan, I applaud you!

Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

I like mom.

Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi I Stand With Standing Rock

I'd like to think I would do the same
    England's dancing days are done...

Here is a Facebook page in support of her. It was started by someone else and she has joined it. It has 167 likes so far and her support is growing daily. It has updates and news on how people are standing behind her. Good for her!!

http://www.facebook.com/StandWithSherrieGavan
    SwampMama

GUILTY!!!

Cyrus C. convicted of 2004 arson in Harvey, La. that killed 4 people, including his 19-month-old daughter, his teenage girlfriend, the girlfriend's mom and GF's young brother (age 11). He was acquitted in 2008 (state charges) in 2008 and found GUILTY (federal charges) in 2013

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/...d_of_2004.html

I think there may be more to this story...

Actual quote from article (Bold/Red by me):

In her statement to police she says during the conversation the man reached for something in his car.

So where exactly did this incident take place? Obviously if he allegedly reached into his car for something, it did not occur at/on her (and her son's) doorstep...

“I felt extremely threatened,” the four foot eleven Gavan told us. “As you can tell I’m not a young person and I’m not a tall person so I’m not a strong person. “

In the statement she says she hit the man with a baseball bat, telling him to get away. When he approached her again, she says she hit him a second time.

After that she left, and nine hours later, she says sheriff’s deputies arrived to question her. Deputies confirm they filed a report, but no arrest was made.

Again - she left for where? Where was she when this alleged incident occurred? Certainly not at her home/at or on her own doorstep. I haven't known too many drug dealers who chase their "client's" down unless the "customer" calls them to score OR the "customer" owes the dealer money - I'm sorry but it would be one thing if this alleged incident occurred because the drug dealer actually came to her home but quite another if her son relapsed (or owes $$...) and she is seeking out this so-called dealer. I think there's alot more to this story and I think, ultimately, her son is responsible for his sobriety. If you want it, you'll find it - this Mom's going to be very busy (and very much unemployed and in jail) chasing down all her son's present and future dealers - JMO~

Link to article quoted: http://fox2now.com/2012/02/28/mom-al...in/?hpt=ju_bn5

According to this she went to the drug dealer and is probably why they are charging her:

"Sherrie Gavan claims the man aided Clayton in relapsing several times. She finally says she had enough in December and went to try and talk to him."

http://fox2now.com/2012/02/28/mom-al...n-with-heroin/
    "Life is life's greatest gift. Guard the life of another creature as you would your own because it is your own. On life's scale of values, the smallest is no less precious to the creature who owns it than the largest..." Lloyd Biggle, Jr.

Let's bring Michelle Parker home: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ichelle+parker

All statements made by me are based on my opinion.

Two words: Jury. Nullification.

"I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."
    -Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Reality Orlando View Post
    According to this she went to the drug dealer and is probably why they are charging her:

"Sherrie Gavan claims the man aided Clayton in relapsing several times. She finally says she had enough in December and went to try and talk to him."

http://fox2now.com/2012/02/28/mom-al...n-with-heroin/
    Thanks for posting that Reality Orlando - So she just went to talk to him WITH a bat - okie-dokie...

LadyL is offline Sleuthing for Lonzie Barton & All Victims.
    yeah, she lost control of herself - she should just admit it - but if I were on a jury, I would vote to acquit

I'm local for this case and I am 100% supportive of Sherrie in this situation. Heroin here has become an "epidemic", we had close to 200 deaths last year alone in the city and county. That is how bad it has become around here.

"Clayton says it made the already mountainous task of getting clean all the more difficult.

“With somebody that got you started on it and just won’t leave you alone. I mean it’s always there. I mean your brain just instantly goes back to how it was when you were using. Just thinking oh I can do it one more time. What’s it gonna hurt? Let’s just do it one more time. And he’s in there talking you into it. "

That says it all to me right there. I would have absolutely done the same thing Sherrie did.
    Where are you Baby Lisa????

I understand the mom being angry, but I don't know if the best thing was for her to go and confront the drug dealer with a bat? Why not go to the police with the information that this guy was selling these drugs to her son and let them handle it?

It's going to be her son's decision to stop abusing drugs. Beating up one drug dealer isn't going to stop him from finding another one if he wants to continue? If Mom wants to save her son's life... she's going to have to call the cops on her own son everytime she knows he is in possession of drugs and hope that he has enough drugs on him that can warrant a felony charge and give him some time in jail to detox and get his life together.
    Justice for Trayvon

Only a mother's love. How sad. So sad. Undeniably sad.

If it was up to me I'd say mom lost her mind. Watching her son in that hell she lost her sanity. It's never, ever ending. That is unless her son decides that's enough.

Agreeing with nomoresorrow that I've never seen a dealer go knock at an addicts door. There's plenty more addicts out there to spend money instead of dealing with one whose mom is gonna raise the roof. However, I can definately see this happening as in mom went to "speak" with the dealer.

Ultimately the bearing is on this woman's son. My prayer is he can find a good rehab, and work a program and that he and his mom find peace. His mom can tie him to a radiator and when he's got a few days in out he'll go, and cop again. She can sleep by the door and he'll go out the window. She can beat down his dealer and another one will be at the next corner.

It's all so sad. Thankfully she didn't have a firearm.

Do what you MUST to curb this drug epidemic . . . heroin is bad news & someone needs to do something about it !

90 Heroin-Related Deaths In St. Louis County Last Year this article does not consider heroin deaths in the City of St. Louis

and this from today: Heroin becomes fatal addiction for more area teens

"It never ceases to amaze me how frequently they come in almost dead and then they come back again, the same way, a week later," said my colleague Dr. Robert Yeager, an emergency medicine physician at Progress West Health Center in O'Fallon, Mo.
    ~ krimekat ~
    Live in Peace & Peace will live in you

++++++++++++
    Forum Information & Esoterica

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast