POLL: Verdict Watch in Jason Young Trial #2

What will be the jury's verdict in this trial?

• Not Guilty

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • Guilty

Votes: 101 66.4%
  • Hung Jury

Votes: 22 14.5%
  • Other

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I refuse to predict since I still haven't recovered from the Pinellas 12 debacle

Votes: 13 8.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ynotdivein

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Curious to hear our posters' opinions on the possible outcome of this trial, and why you think so. PLEASE keep your comments respectful. TOs will be applied liberally.

Re-posting Salem's excellent post here:

Good morning everybody! I'm sure everyone is eagerly waiting for the defense to rest today and the jury to be sent out.

I want to remind everyone of a few basic rules:

First - a difference of opinion is NOT a TOS violation. Cheerleading for EITHER side is not a TOS violation, BUT being snarky and disrespectful about that opinion IS.

Second - if a post offends you, ALERT it. Remember, if you respond, it is on you and you may find yourself suffering the consequences for it.

Third - we are moving toward a zero tolerance policy. That means if you are snarky and rude, you may find yourself on TO.

Fourth - the mods will NOT be taking the time to send you pm's and hash it out. You will just see that you can no longer post.

Snarkyness will include avatars and siggy lines that are being used to convey messages you know you can't outright post.

Please keep in mind that ONE side, and only ONE side is going to win here, unless we end up in another stalemate. Whatever the outcome, we will have to deal with it, whether we think it is good or bad. So please keep in mind, that means one side is going to lose. Be a good sport. Don't gloat if you are on the winning side and don't pout and be mean if you are on the losing side. Brace yourselves now in case things don't go the way you want them to.

If you have questions or concerns, PM a mod - DO NOT post them in the thread. Remember all the TOS and rules, please.

Thank you,

Salem

I vote guilty and am hoping the jury isn't another Pinellas 12 and votes guilty. Nuff said.

Hung Jury on the case presented not because they think he's innocent.

as for the question: what will be the jury's verdict: I don't know! I am too skeered to hazard a guess after the CA trial... I would hope they get it right and that our system prevails... which to me means that the right person is convicted by a jury of their peers for the crime they committed

I believe the evidence points to JY only and is plenty to convict. I pray that the jury takes their timeto put the puzzle together and gives Michelle,Rylan, Cassidy, Meredith, Linda and all those who love them the only small measure of justice they.can get on earth. Guilty Murder 1, LWOP.

:seeya: I am sorry, but I am very behind on this case ... I have been following it a little -- mainly just what I have seen on HLN :waitasec:

Has the Jury started deliberations yet -- or is the defense still presenting its case ?

TIA !

:seeya:

Hey dog! PT is up at 1415 (in like 30 min) Jury gets the case tomorrow

Hey dog! PT is up at 1415 (in like 30 min) Jury gets the case tomorrow

:seeya: Thank You !

I'll be checking here for updates ... the updates here are usually way ahead of the MSM !

:great:

Hung jury is most likely outcome. Going to be hard to get 12 people to agree on this.

One thing, the extra 2nd degree charge will make the verdict reading even more dramatic!

I think they will convict this time.

My personal opinion is that he's guilty, but I voted above for a hung jury. I hope I'm wrong and that they convict him!

I'm now thinking it will be NG. I'll hold off on my reasons until after the verdict is read to make sure I don't say anything inappropiate.

Were any of you in the courtroom for any of the closing arguments today?

I think the jury will be hung. As much as I want a guilty verdict, there are just too many significant holes that can't be filled.

GUILTY as charged.

The 'acted in concert' = guilty will be enough reason for those that believe Beaver or those 10 shoes were used by someone else. That should erase any reasonable doubt for any juror.

Guilty as sin but no way to predict tthe verdict, so i didn't vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni