1261 users online (252 members and 1009 guests)  

Websleuths News

Four Accused Of Taking Human Remains

Police said four teens -- two adults and two minors -- stole human remains from a cemetary earlier this month in order to raise the dead.

The sheriffs office said the group entered an unlocked mausoleum at Greenlawn Cemetery on Nov. 5 and stole religious relics and four urns containing human remains.

Police arrested Elizabeth McLellan,19 and Anthony Denham, 18, Thursday, along with two 16-year-olds who are not named due to their ages. They are charged with burglary, and disturbing a tomb -- second and third degree felonies that could be punished by up to 20 years in prison.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/3916278/detail.html

Wicca spells? I don't think Wicca has anything to do with attempts to "raise the dead".

These teens don't appear too bright but obviously are looking for some thrill in their lives. I hope this incident results in their getting the help they're going to need to live productive adult lives.

The families of the dearly departed are probably horrified at the desecration. I would be.

Yup, it's right up there with murdering ones beautiful wife and unborn child.

You really think this crime is "up there" with murdering a pregnant wife? If you're sincere, I have to disagree.

Maybe you just want to related every crime to Laci Peterson?

These kids are innocent until proven gulty in a court of law... probably framed by satanists or homeless people in a cemetary. IMO

Insincere. Just as I thought *sigh*

Are these crime stories just dropped here into the Crimes forum in order to meet a quota or is there really some discussion wanted?

Nevermind...I know the answer already. It's a rhetorical question.

I read the news sites everyday... I contribute articles that catch my eye ... sometimes discussions form.. sometimes not.

Your response to this one was interesting.. you sympathized with the victims family and imagined yourself in their place... caught me off guard.

No need to reply

I wonder if they would think twice about desecrating the resting place of a relative or close family member. It's likely these four have never experienced loss, so they cannot empathise with the families involved. If they were younger I would put it down to the usual adolescent tomfoolery, but really, at that age, they should have known what they were doing was wrong. Community work and a fine should settle this.

...you sympathized with the victims family and imagined yourself in their place... caught me off guard.
    I always sympathize with the victims' family--even if it turns out that family member is responsible. I sympathize with all who are personally affected by a crime, including those related to and emotionally involved with the accused and/or the culprit.

In this case I even tend to sympathize with these young culprits. They obviously have a serious emotional need that hasn't been fulfilled and are acting out in a very bizarre way that is harmful to others as well as to themselves.

I don't find it necessary to mention in every post that I sympathize, though, or with whom.

For readers here, understand that it's not a requirement to sympathize with one "side" or another in order to discuss any subject, article, or case. All opinions are welcome, or at least it's so proclaimed by the owner and moderators.