1003 users online (226 members and 777 guests)  

Websleuths News

Penn's woods

KS - Jennifer Wilson, 29, Derby, 1 Sept 2002

I came across this 10 minute video created by the Sedgwick County (Kansas) Sheriff Department. They have it uploaded to their facebook account.

There are multiple homicide cold cases, a couple UID's and one missing woman listed in this video.

The missing woman is Jennifer L. Wilson.

Her Charley Project Page:

Her Doe Network Page:

Her NamUs:

Dental: not available
    DNA: sample submitted-tests not complete at the time of this post to WS.
    Fingerprints: not available

(text from video paraphrased): Jennifer and her roommate had an argument. The roomate left the residence and returned later to find that Jennifer had left. Leaving behind her clothes, personal belongings, her car and her dog. Jennifer lived with her roommate near 134th Street East and 63rd Street South. Jennifer's Mother has not heard from her since March of 2001. (same month and year her roommate is reported to have last seen her)

(I have asked the Sheriff's department if they could clarify about the difference between the March 2001 date for the fight and her leaving and the date of 01 SEP 2002 that is listed for her in missing persons databases. I want to make sure that the latter date is when the missing report was filed --which I think it probably is--and the March '01 is more than likely the LKA date.). If they respond I will post their reply clarifying that.

Come home soon.

Picture is from Doe Network which is the 3rd link found within this post.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ontario, Canada
    I came across this unidentified female.

Her face shape and nose remind me of Jennifer. Jennifer and the UID are about 4 hours apart.

Unidentified White Female

* The victim was discovered on July 13, 2005 in Kiowa County, Oklahoma
    * Estimated Date of Death: 3 - 20 years prior to discovery
    * Partial Skull

Vital Statistics

* Estimated age: 18-29 years old
    * Distinguishing Characteristics: Small, sharp nose. Possibly small build.
    * Dentals: Available. Her upper jaw indicated she had an overbite
    * DNA: Available in CODIS

Case History
    A farmer discovered the skull nearly a quarter mile from where a prostitute’s body had been dumped two years earlier. That unsolved homicide is not linked to the truck stop prostitute cases.

Jennifer Lee Wilson

* Case Classification: Missing
    * Missing Since: September 1, 2002
    * Location Last Seen: Derby, Sedgwick Co, Kansas

Physical Description
    * Listed information is from the time of disappearance.

* Date of Birth: March 31, 1973
    * Age at Time of Disappearance: 29
    * Race: White
    * Height at Time of Disappearance: 5'5 to 5'9
    * Weight at Time of Disappearance: 110-125 lbs
    * Hair Color: Brown/red auburn; curly, long hair often worn in a ponytail
    * Eye Color: Brown, wears contact lenses
    * Alias(s) / Nickname(s): Sydney, Sidney

* Distinguishing Marks/Features: Scar on her back at her waistline. A mole removal scar on her back. A one and half inch scar under her chin. Previously fractured right arm just below the shoulder (broke in two pieces). Shoe size 7.5

* Dentals: Not available; Broken front tooth which was repaired, unknown which tooth
    * Fingerprints: Not available
    * DNA: Available

(I would like to point out the info said Jennifer had a broken front tooth that was repaired, the UID ha a broken front tooth and I'm wondering if it could have been knocked out in a struggle.)?

Penn's woods
    Clarification I received from Sedgwick County Sheriff's Department (copy and pasted to here)

Kathy, the detective that is in charge of Jennifer Wilson's case advises the Namus is correct, Jennifer’s mom saw her on 09-01-02. The missing person report was made on 03-29-04 by her mother as well.

BTK was active in that area at that time until his arrest in 2004. FBI thinks he has already admitted to all of his crimes, but you never know. I heard Dennis Rader (BTK) was recently disciplined at El Dorado Correctional Facility for "Abuse of mail." Maybe he is holding back on some of his victims so he can use it as leverage to get more privileges. Wouldn't be the first time.
    *Doe Network Unidentified Female #876UFMO*
    White Female, possibly mixed with Native American, Italian, or Hispanic
    Dark hair, brown eyes
    Found 05/21/1981
    Date of Death: 05/20/1981
    Victim of Homicide
    Dixon, MO
    25 -35 years old (estimated)
    Upper dentures
    130-150 lbs
    Long-sleeved blue top with pinstripes
    Good personal hygiene, had a haircut fairly recently before death
    Do you know who I am?

May or may not be relevant, but I noticed Doenetwork listed her "roommate" as her "lover".

They also note: "Wilson frequents bars that cater to the alternative lifestyle. She has worked as an exotic dancer in the past."

Sedgwick Co. Sheriff's Office seeking help in solving cold case

A cold case, now being investigated as a possible homicide. The Sedgwick county sheriff's office recently re-interviewed people about Jennifer Wilson - A Wichita woman, missing since 2002.

Jennifer was last seen in September 2002, inside the club, Jezebels, where she worked. She was arguing with her roommate, then left the club. She’s been missing ever since.
    In the last couple of months, the sheriff’s office re-interviewed people who might have information.

“In interviews they did recently, they were able to establish a better timeline. So we're just taking another look at it, getting that information out to the public to once again say, does anyone know anything about this? Does anyone remember her?” Dehning said.

The sheriff’s office and crime stoppers want you to know this:
    Jennifer disappeared September, 2002, without any of her belongings, her car, or her dog, which she was known to take everywhere.