KS KS - Jennifer Wilson, 29, Derby, 1 Sept 2002

Kat

Kind words do not cost much
Reaction score
I came across this 10 minute video created by the Sedgwick County (Kansas) Sheriff Department. They have it uploaded to their facebook account.

http://www.facebook.com/SedgwickCou...9978990664&set=vb.120843099482&type=2&theater

There are multiple homicide cold cases, a couple UID's and one missing woman listed in this video.

The missing woman is Jennifer L. Wilson.

Her Charley Project Page:

http://charleyproject.org/cases/w/wilson_jennifer_l.html

Her Doe Network Page:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3098dfks.html

Her NamUs:

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/2897/0/

Dental: not available
DNA: sample submitted-tests not complete at the time of this post to WS.
Fingerprints: not available

(text from video paraphrased): Jennifer and her roommate had an argument. The roomate left the residence and returned later to find that Jennifer had left. Leaving behind her clothes, personal belongings, her car and her dog. Jennifer lived with her roommate near 134th Street East and 63rd Street South. Jennifer's Mother has not heard from her since March of 2001. (same month and year her roommate is reported to have last seen her)

(I have asked the Sheriff's department if they could clarify about the difference between the March 2001 date for the fight and her leaving and the date of 01 SEP 2002 that is listed for her in missing persons databases. I want to make sure that the latter date is when the missing report was filed --which I think it probably is--and the March '01 is more than likely the LKA date.). If they respond I will post their reply clarifying that.

Come home soon.

Picture is from Doe Network which is the 3rd link found within this post.

Attachments

• JLWilson1.jpg
    JLWilson1.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 41
I came across this unidentified female.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/569ufok.html

Her face shape and nose remind me of Jennifer. Jennifer and the UID are about 4 hours apart.

Unidentified White Female

* The victim was discovered on July 13, 2005 in Kiowa County, Oklahoma
* Estimated Date of Death: 3 - 20 years prior to discovery
* Partial Skull

Vital Statistics

* Estimated age: 18-29 years old
* Distinguishing Characteristics: Small, sharp nose. Possibly small build.
* Dentals: Available. Her upper jaw indicated she had an overbite
* DNA: Available in CODIS

Case History
A farmer discovered the skull nearly a quarter mile from where a prostitute’s body had been dumped two years earlier. That unsolved homicide is not linked to the truck stop prostitute cases.

Jennifer Lee Wilson

* Case Classification: Missing
* Missing Since: September 1, 2002
* Location Last Seen: Derby, Sedgwick Co, Kansas

Physical Description
* Listed information is from the time of disappearance.

* Date of Birth: March 31, 1973
* Age at Time of Disappearance: 29
* Race: White
* Height at Time of Disappearance: 5'5 to 5'9
* Weight at Time of Disappearance: 110-125 lbs
* Hair Color: Brown/red auburn; curly, long hair often worn in a ponytail
* Eye Color: Brown, wears contact lenses
* Alias(s) / Nickname(s): Sydney, Sidney

* Distinguishing Marks/Features: Scar on her back at her waistline. A mole removal scar on her back. A one and half inch scar under her chin. Previously fractured right arm just below the shoulder (broke in two pieces). Shoe size 7.5

* Dentals: Not available; Broken front tooth which was repaired, unknown which tooth
* Fingerprints: Not available
* DNA: Available

(I would like to point out the info said Jennifer had a broken front tooth that was repaired, the UID ha a broken front tooth and I'm wondering if it could have been knocked out in a struggle.)?

Clarification I received from Sedgwick County Sheriff's Department (copy and pasted to here)

Kathy, the detective that is in charge of Jennifer Wilson's case advises the Namus is correct, Jennifer’s mom saw her on 09-01-02. The missing person report was made on 03-29-04 by her mother as well.

BTK was active in that area at that time until his arrest in 2004. FBI thinks he has already admitted to all of his crimes, but you never know. I heard Dennis Rader (BTK) was recently disciplined at El Dorado Correctional Facility for "Abuse of mail." Maybe he is holding back on some of his victims so he can use it as leverage to get more privileges. Wouldn't be the first time.

May or may not be relevant, but I noticed Doenetwork listed her "roommate" as her "lover".

They also note: "Wilson frequents bars that cater to the alternative lifestyle. She has worked as an exotic dancer in the past."

Sedgwick Co. Sheriff's Office seeking help in solving cold case

http://www.kwch.com/news/local-news/sedgwick-co-sheriffs-office-seeking-help-in-solving-cold-case/38137354

A cold case, now being investigated as a possible homicide. The Sedgwick county sheriff's office recently re-interviewed people about Jennifer Wilson - A Wichita woman, missing since 2002.

Jennifer was last seen in September 2002, inside the club, Jezebels, where she worked. She was arguing with her roommate, then left the club. She’s been missing ever since.

In the last couple of months, the sheriff’s office re-interviewed people who might have information.

“In interviews they did recently, they were able to establish a better timeline. So we're just taking another look at it, getting that information out to the public to once again say, does anyone know anything about this? Does anyone remember her?” Dehning said.

The sheriff’s office and crime stoppers want you to know this:
Jennifer disappeared September, 2002, without any of her belongings, her car, or her dog, which she was known to take everywhere.

Human remains found in western Sedgwick County, sheriff’s office says

A landowner mowing property in western Sedgwick County on Monday afternoon came across what’s believed to be human remains, an official with the Sedgwick County Sheriff’s Office said.
Lt. Lin Dehning said it’s too early to tell the age and gender of the person found and whether foul play was involved. The remains were discovered at about 3:20 p.m. in a field south of a house in the 14800 block of West 13th Street North, just outside the Wichita city limits near 151st Street West.

MISSING IN KANSAS: Jennifer Lee Wilson

18837746_G.jpg

It's been nearly 17 years since Jennifer Lee Wilson was seen in south-central Kansas, and some fear foul play in her disappearance.

Jennifer was reported missing on Sept. 1, 2002, after she had a fight with her roommate. Their argument started at a club where Jennifer worked and continued to their home, located near south 143rd Street and east 63rd Street – east of Derby.

MISSING IN KANSAS: Jennifer Lee Wilson

Jennifer Lee Wilson

jennifer_lee_wilson_2.jpg
jennifer_lee_wilson_3.jpg
jennifer_lee_wilson_4.jpg

• Missing Since 09/01/2002
  • Missing From Derby, Kansas
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Date of Birth 03/31/1973 (46)
  • Age 29 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'5 - 5'9, 110 - 125 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description Unknown, but she usually wears baseball caps and sweatshirts. She may have gold rings on her left index finger and right ring finger.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown/red hair, blue eyes. Wilson has a scar on her back at her waistline, a mole removal scar on her back, and a one-and-a-half-inch scar under her chin. Her hair is curly and past her shoulders, and she usually wears it in a ponytail. She may use the first name Sydney or Sidney. Wilson wears contact lenses. She previously broke a tooth, which was repaired, and she previously broke her right arm just below the shoulder. Her shoe size is 7.5 and her ears are pierced.
Details of Disappearance
Wilson was last seen in Derby, Kansas on September 1, 2002. She lived in the vicinity of 143rd Street east and 63rd Street south. She had a fight with her roommate at the club where she worked and they continued to argue after they arrived home.

Wilson's roommate left the residence. When she returned, Wilson was gone. All of her personal belongings, including her greenish-blue 1998 or 1999 Ford Probe, were left behind. She also left her dog, whom she usually took with her everywhere.

Wilson frequents bars that cater to the alternative lifestyle. She has worked as an exotic dancer in the past. Authorities believe she may have been the victim of a homicide. Wilson was declared legally dead in June 2013. Her case remains unsolved.

Jennifer Lee Wilson – The Charley Project

Interesting as I live here/there! Will go back and read all of the info. I honestly do not remember Jennifer’s name or anything.

Private Investigations for the Missing dated 9/1/19.
Private Investigations for the Missing

On September 1, 2002, Jennifer Lee Wilson, 29 years old, disappeared from Derby, Kansas. Jennifer was last seen at a club where she worked by her roommate. They had an argument, and continued to argue when they arrived home after Jennifer’s shift. Her roommate left the residence, and when she returned (at a time not specified in reports) she noticed that Jennifer was gone; but Jennifer’s car, personal belongings and her dog, who went everywhere with her, were still at their residence.

Jennifer is 5'5 - 5'9 and 110 - 125 pounds. She has brownish/reddish hair, which she usually wears curly and/or in a ponytail. She has blue eyes and usually wears contact lenses. Jennifer has a scar on her back by her waistline, a mole removal scar on her back, and a one-and-a-half-inch scar under her chin. It is not known what she was wearing when she disappeared, but she usually wore baseball caps and sweatshirts, and gold rings on her left index finger and right ring finger. She also has pierced ears. Jennifer has worked as an exotic dancer in the past and sometimes uses the name Sydney or Sidney.

Anyone with information should contact the Sedgewick County Sheriff's Department at 800-447-7604 or the FBI.

For further reference:

http://charleyproject.org/case/jennifer-lee-wilson

https://www.google.com/…/am…/news/local/article64278482.html

https://www.fbi.gov/…/miss…/jennifer-l-wilson---derby-kansas

story updated Oct 4, 2022

By Alex Flippin
Updated: Oct. 4, 2022 at 10:00 PM CDT

WICHITA, Kan. (KWCH) - The case of a young woman murdered 20 years ago has gone cold at times, but the investigation has heated up several times over the years. Factfinder 12 sat down with investigators and family who hope someone reading this will have the answer that will bring Jennifer Wilson’s killer to justice.

The girl who liked and was liked by everyone.

Wouldn’t it be nice if we could all be described the way people describe Jennifer Wilson? Her mother Paulette Mattingly speaks of her daughter, Jennifer, like many mothers might speak of their children.

“She was funny...she’d like to be right in the middle of everything,” Paulette explained. “She was just a very friendly funny person...liked to joke.”

Jennifer loved animals, so much so, Paulette thought she might have grown up to be a veterinarian. More than any though, she simply adored her white German Shepherd Sadie. In addition to her love of all things furry and four legged, she was a go-getter from the very start. Jennifer won debater of the year her junior year of high school, served on the school’s yearbook committee, worked on the school newspaper. She sang, played piano, even took gymnastics and was ready to take on the world come graduation day.

“She got her first job out of high school. She was working out at Town West, and she got a job at Jean’s West, which is no longer there of course, and got to be manager. I think probably an assistant manager,” Paulette said.

Eventually though, out on her own, Jennifer found working retail wasn’t quite paying the bills.

“She did work as a hostess in a restaurant for a while,” Paulette continued. “She found out she couldn’t make as much money as she could dancing.”

Jennifer took a job dancing at a now defunct Wichita “gentleman’s club” called Jezebel’s.

“She was very independent and she was going to make it on her own, and I think that’s when she started dancing,” Paulette said. “She never told me that’s what she was doing...not for a long time.”

Gone without a trace.

Jennifer eventually moved into a home on the outskirts of Derby with a roommate who also worked at Jezebel’s. The two formed a close relationship, sometimes even stopping by to see Jennifer’s mother together. Until in September 2002 when the roommate came to see her without Jennifer.

“Her roommate came to tell me that she (Jennifer) had left. She was crying. She was all upset,” Paulette said.

“She told me all about how Jennifer and her had gotten into an argument and had left.”

Paulette said it wasn’t unusual to go for stretches of time without hearing from her daughter, and knowing her roommate like she did, she said she had no reason to think anything was wrong. After she didn’t hear from Jennifer for 18 months though, the worry began to set in. Why hadn’t she called? Jennifer’s mom decided she needed to have another conversation with the roommate.

“I finally called her where she worked, and they said she hadn’t worked there for a long time,” Paulette recounted. “Later I found out during that time, she was working at another club using Jennifer’s social security number...that’s when I got suspicious, and I called the police.”

By then it was March 2004. Sedgwick County Sheriff’s Office Forensic Investigator Jeremy Noel spoke to Factfinder 12 about the case.

Playing catchup on a crime

“At that point, you know, you’re already 18 months behind the ball,” Noel said.
Noel says they began interviewing witnesses. They heard about that argument between Jennifer and her roommate. It happened at Jezebel’s one night in September 2002. Then they spoke with the roommate herself.

" (She) was a little reluctant, I would say, to initially come up and talk to detectives,” Noel said. “At some point during that interview though, she invoked her right to Miranda and said, you know, ‘I want to talk to my attorney’.”

By itself, that might not have made investigators suspicious but there was more. Something no one could seem to get past. Jennifer was gone, yes, but what was still there raised eyebrows with just about everyone close to the missing 29 year old.

“The dog was still there. That’s what everybody kind of got hung up on was, there’s no way in the world she would have left that dog at that house,” Noel said.
Left behind was Jennifer’s beloved German Shepherd Sadie, who eventually disappeared as well.

“I never thought about why did I not question why the dog was still there. That Jennifer didn’t take the dog with her when she left,” Paulette said.

There were other things as well that made investigators and Jennifer’s mother suspicious. There were conflicting stories Jennifer’s roommate told various people. Stories that Jennifer had moved to Kansas City, that she’d made withdrawals from her bank account, at least two different stories about what happened to Jennifer’s dog. None of which could be verified by investigators.

Tips did come in, in trickles over the years. Investigators searched the fields behind the home where Jennifer and her roommate lived, they used cadaver dogs several times and they dug looking for Jennifer’s remains.

“We probed areas inside of a barn out by a pond, out in the middle of a pasture,” Noel said.

Investigators used ground penetrating radar, pinpointing a location to dig, but found nothing. A tip Jennifer could be found buried beneath the deck of the home also produced no results.

“We dug a pretty deep hole behind the house looking for Jennifer’s remains. We did not find her body,” Noel said.

A final wish for Jennifer

While all this was happening, Jennifer’s mother kept a journal of sorts to tell Jennifer what she’d missed while she was gone and to deal with her own emotions while she waited.​

“I kept writing to Jennifer, ‘why won’t you call me?’ You know, ‘I can’t believe that you wouldn’t want to let us know where you are’,” Paulette remembered. “I just wanted her to know she wasn’t forgotten when she came back...it was just a journal of how I was feeling from day to day. It helped me because I didn’t have anybody else to talk to.”

Now, 20 years after she last saw her daughter, Paulette said she knows Jennifer is gone forever. She had her declared dead in 2013 and purchased a cemetery plot to hopefully one day lay her to rest.

“I just would like to be able to put her where I know where she is. Out there,” Paulette said. “I would like to find her body.”

It’s a final wish for Jennifer, Jeremy Noel said he intends to make happen.

“If that’s the last thing that I can do for Paulette in my career, then I know I did good,” he said.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back