1078 users online (213 members and 865 guests)  

Websleuths News

NM-Nanny shoved used baby wipes in toddler's mouth, dropped dirty diaper on face

Elvira Talavera Perez, 43, also known as Elvira Torres ...the couple started to notice jewelry missing from the home, police said. They then decided to set up a hidden camera in their bedroom where the jewelry was stored.

When the father reviewed Tuesday's video, he observed Perez throwing baby wipes on his son's face and shoving one of them inside the toddler's mouth, investigators said. The video also showed Perez dropping a dirty diaper on the toddler's face, police said.

I'm at a loss for words. So very evil.

Not blaming the parents here, but I think it says something when they were worried enough about their jewelry to set up the nanny cam, but not so worried about the kid to keep an eye on her. I mean...really?

I might get slammed here, but if you have enough money to hire a nanny and you have enough money to have jewelry worth stealing, maybe you have enough money that one of the parents can stop working and stay home with their baby at least until the baby is old enough to rat out the abusive nanny. Sure, you might not be able to buy yourself any more expensive jewelry for a few years, but keeping your things safe is NOT more important than keeping your baby safe.

Ok I lied. I guess I am blaming the parents a little bit.

Or... just maybe set up the Nanny cam to begin with?
    Good thing the jewelry started disappearing.

State of Disbelief. SC

Thank God for Nanny Cams.
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

How horrible! When my kids were young, I never left them with babysitters. I just didn't trust anyone but family to take care of them. I was a stay at home mom and I took the kids with me wherever I went, or my husband stayed at home and watched them. When our younger kids were small, our older kids were teens and they sometimes babysat for them. I hope this nanny was turned in to the police and will be convicted of everything they can charge her with.