WA - Girl accused of Snohomish stabbing still disturbed

JoeFromLB

Reaction score
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/ht...nohomishhighschoolstabbing1stldwritethru.html

March 1, 2012

The 15-year-old girl accused of stabbing and injuring two other students at Snohomish High School created a "bucket list" while locked up that includes harming a toddler and blowing up a school, county prosecutors said.

...Information about the defendant is included in documents that Deputy Prosecutor Cindy Larsen filed in court Monday seeking to have the case moved from juvenile court to Snohomish County Superior Court. A court hearing will be held next week.

The girl, who turns 16 in April, is charged with assault and attempted murder in the Oct. 24 attack that nearly killed April Lutz and injured Bekah Staudacher, both 15, in a bathroom before the start of school. If convicted as a juvenile the defendant could not be held past the age of 21. If convicted as an adult, she would face up to 25 years in prison.

"The state would have a great deal longer to work at rehabilitating the respondent in the adult system, and the public would be protected from her random acts of horrific violence for many years longer in the adult system," Larsen wrote.

The girl continues to have thoughts of bathing in blood and killing and eating people, despite ongoing psychological treatment and incarceration, Larsen wrote.

Girl stabbed multiple times at Snohomish High says attacker had 'hatred in her eyes'

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/kc...d-hatred-in-her-eyes-20111215,0,6252990.story

...April’s mother, Sue Lutz, said she remembers that terrible day that April was rushed to the hospital. "I seen her in the room before she went up to the operating room — I just seen nothing but red from her blood, and the doctors just whisked her away.

"I just prayed and told my mom and son to give her a hug and send her back; we're not done with her yet. And obviously God has big plans for her.

"And the next day I was amazed she was walking."

April displayed the scars of at least 13 stab wounds to her neck, chest, arms and legs. The knife also pierced one of her lungs and her heart, which stopped three times. Surgeons said the wound came within four millimeters of a major artery, and any more pressure would have caused April to bleed to death.

"I don't let it bother me because I'm here," April said. "I could have died so I'm here."

I'll be honest, I know nothing about the case being referenced, but the one thing that would be wisely taken from the current update on the case is that not every person can be saved.

This girl won't be any less disturbed in 6 months, 1 year, 10 years...she will simply be older, smarter, more sophisticated, and more convincing. More dangerous. But somewhere along the line, there will be someone that believes she can be saved, and that will allow her to manipulate them into assisting her with gaining the tools and experiences that she needs to finish out her bucket list.

My God, this girl is absolutely broken. She should be in a secure hospital not in a detention facility.
I hope she is being treated, heavy meds would be indicated I think.
Utterly terrible case and I hope those she has harmed can recover

This is the first I have heard of the crime.

I read in the article that the 15 year old that stabbed them had been suspended for making death threats and then returned to school a week later after she was cleared by a psychiatric doctor......REALLY??

IMO, this is one of those cases where no amount of therapy, medication, etc is going to fix this dangerous girl. I hope she is locked away from society forever.

April 2014:

A jury has decided the Snohomish School District must pay $1.3 million for its negligence in failing to protect two Snohomish High School girls from being stabbed in 2011 by a mentally troubled classmate...

The stabbing victims' families filed their lawsuit against the Snohomish School District in June 2012 after learning of records that showed school counselors were aware that the assailant had been having fantasies of violent assaults on others, but was allowed to return to school.
The girl behind the attack came to school that day with knives in her backpack. She waited in a bathroom stall and apparently picked her victims at random.

http://www.heraldnet.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?aid=/20140415/NEWS01/140419363&template=MobileArt

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kac313
Back