NC NC - Deborah 'Debbie' Wolfe, 28, Fayetteville, 26 Dec 1985

This is an odd case? How do you lose a burn barrel? And saying it was probably her jacket and not a barrel, huh!

:bump: for Debbie. I saw her case on the Unsolved Mysteries reruns again. Such a strange case!

Debbie_wolfe1.jpg

Do we know if any toxicology reports were filed ?

Yes, but can't mention here. Just been trying to get the sheriff department to send evidence for DNA testing which has been very difficult

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Sounds like a party where something happened, possibly an overdose ?

No party, she was alone and had men's clothing on and no water in lungs

No party, she was alone and had men's clothing on and no water in lungs

Which means she wasn't breathing when she went under, anything in the toxicology findings to indicate possible opiate, use which suppresses, the respiratory system (fentanyl for instance)?

Can you sate how they know she was alone, was DNA run on those beer cans ?

Also was her mental health ever brought into question?

She was dead when put in the pond. DNA didn't exist back then but there's evidence that needs to be tested now. The victim had men's clothing on and shoes

She was dead when put in the pond. DNA didn't exist back then but there's evidence that needs to be tested now. The victim had men's clothing on and shoes

Well then she wasn't alone, and ill add there's a chance there was more than one person there as well. one most likely was a female .

Do we know if she was expecting company that evening?

Was a cause of death ever determined ? the only injury they seem to list is abrasions to her fingers, which could be anything

This doesn't seem to be an act of intentional homicide, and it may actually not be a homicide at all

Going only on what's given, without the presence of any type of trauma, which would've caused her death and drowning ruled out , unless there's something the coroner hasn't found or disclosed, like her being pinned down and having drugs administered to her against her will, there seems to be only 1 of 2 possibilities

1) Poisoning, either intentional or accidental (IE overdose) which is why I asked about the toxicology findings,

or

2) Natural cause

I didn't read there was indication of sexual assault- though I wouldn't rule out consensual sex as a possibility.

Her residence was in disarray, but it doesn't indicate anything was taken, her purse was shoved under hear bed, but the article doesn't indicate anything was taken from it. Which kind of eliminates, robbery or burglary as a motive.

Another question I ask is how many beer cans were there? were there more than one would assume she would drink by herself?, though this isn't indicative, I didn't say "could" because I know guys that can kill a 30 pack by themselves. But it does point to possible alcohol use by the victim, or the other unknown individual(s) prior to her death.

The toxicology findings, will tell be able to tell by what her blood alcohol levels were, as well as the presence of any drugs.

Though the case is certainly odd, there are may aspects of this case, that seem telling as well

An investigator needs to step back and look at the case, from several different angles, from the victims perspective, adding in what we know from a profile of the victim (known as victimology) then from the offenders perspective , then adding in the findings.

Why was she a victim? (or was she a victim?)

Now again IM GOING SOLELY ON WHATS LISTED IN THE ARTICLE ABOVE, WITHOUT ANY FURTHER INFORMATION GIVEN ON THIS CASE , SO TAKE IT FOR WHAT ITS WORTH[/B]

She lived a pretty low risk lifestyle by all indication, which would've made her a high risk victim to an offender.

Given what's listed about her, she seemed an average everyday working girl , who showed up for work every day, seemed well liked.

Now , there's not enough listed to give a complete victimology profile, but by all indicators it doesn't seem if she had any enemies, and did nothing to increase her risk to the point of being murdered.

UNLESS there was a part of her life that wasn't disclosed. Therefore anything I post pertaining to such would be purely speculative

Turning to the factors of the case :

There wasn't any type of theft listed
There was no evidence (at least not listed) of forced entry
There was no evidence of sexual assault
The crime scene itself seems to indicate (by description only) complete disorganization, (though with mixed presentation) but no real findings of a struggle
There's evidence, of alcohol consumption at the residence, either by the victim, or the suspect(s) evident by beer cans
There's no incidence of lethal trauma to the victim
The forensic findings seem to indicate, she was either deceased, or in such a state of depressed respiration when placed in the water, that virtually no water entered her lungs
She was "re-dressed" in men's clothing and I believe a bra that the stated was too large for her prior to being submerged, but other potential evidence was left.

Questions Id raise:
Why would an offender take the time to redress the victim, only if they planned to hide her body in the water? (regardless of whether it was on a barrel or not)- was she redressed by an offender at all ? is there a possiblilty she may have put on the clothes herself ?

Why would the offender, need to redress the victim at all?, primarily in clothes that were men's, or too large for her ?

Why would the offender go through all the trouble to make sure she was hidden, yet leave other potential clues, laying around the scene, beer cans, for example or his/her OWN clothes on the victim themselves?

If there's no evidence of trauma , and she didn't drown, how did she die?

So what is it ?
What the scene seems to indicate, (at least to me) is panic , something happened that wasn't expected.

Though there are definite indicators to the fact her body was hidden, including 2 sets of footprints, and drag marks leading into the water, there seems to be very little in the way to indicate she was actually killed (again unless there's more information I haven't seen)

The problem with this case is MOTIVE, there doesn't seem to be any given what's listed , nothing was stolen, she wasn't sexually assaulted, there wasn't even evidence of a break in , leading me to believe she knew whoever her visitors were that evening

Without the presence of any true motive for the death of the victim, you have to look at the possibility of this being accidental

It seems unlikely (though I cant rule it out ) that 2 offenders would bring extra clothes to the scene to dress the victim in, (though I cant rule it out either) it also seems unlikely the offenders would dress the victim in the clothes on their person, unless someone would take the chance being seen without their pants.

Again I cant rule it out , I know plenty of knuckleheads, that'll walk around a party in their boxers (or less) ..

Perhaps someone coming to stay over?... or someone who had extra clothes with them for example in a vehicle?

If you are going to dress a victim, why not just put her own clothes back on, especially if you didn't have any other clothes, to wear?

If you are going to hide them at the bottom of a pond, why dress them at all?

If you are going to hide them, why would you bother putting on things like undergarments, and shoes? knowing full well that if found those objects are going to be investigated

Why dress the victim, hide their body , but leave potential other clues ?

It seems to point to an unintentional death, and a hurried, attempt to conceal the victim, but not necessarily evidence possibly in a state of panic, or an impaired state like being under the influence of drugs or alcohol at the time.

Heres an example
http://tdn.com/news/local/police-re...cle_0709916a-90f3-11e1-8cb9-0019bb2963f4.html
http://tdn.com/news/local/kelso-man...cle_a3d77e18-9b63-11e3-ab0b-001a4bcf887a.html

Wasn't over dose or suicide because walking yourself in a pond doesn't make sense. The redressing could have been part of sexual role playing. Guessing at motives hinder cases more than help.

She did have a stalker who left the voice mail and we know who he is, but we need the DNA analysis

Wasn't over dose or suicide because walking yourself in a pond doesn't make sense. The redressing could have been part of sexual role playing. Guessing at motives hinder cases more than help.

She did have a stalker who left the voice mail and we know who he is, but we need the DNA analysis

And yet no mention of that in the article or any earlier post ..that's a PRETTY critical piece of info

I hope you get the SOB...

Ok lets go the stalker route , I know a thing or 2 about stalking , usually a precursory period of contact between the victim and the offender, so there should be records, of it somehow , there may or may not be if she destroyed them in fear .

Usually at least a few people around the victim are aware of the situation as well .

No drowning, no overdose , no trauma , which leaves suffocation , which may explain the abrasions on her fingers trying to get whatever he used off her face . Do we know if there was DNA recovered from under her nails (fighting off the offender ?)

No forced, entry .. she's either comfortable enough to leave her doors open , which would seem odd if she was afraid , he's sitting there waiting for her as she gets home, or she let him in by or against her will.

Possible he waited outside and drank beer, which might both explain the disorganization, the "attack" possibly the re-dressing of the victim.

The most common causes of a disorganized scene are
-unprepared offender
-young (inexperienced) offender
-altered state (inebriated)
-decreased mental capacity (low intelligence)
-Mental illness

you stated youre waiting on DNA findings, so I assume you know ALOT more than whats being let on

I believe it said whomever left the message was investigated, and later left he area,? which coupled with the new info above is a BIG F'in RED FLAG

Sounds like a party where something happened, possibly an overdose ?

Agree with the party part- but I think there may have been folks partying at her cabin without her- and she walked into it upon coming home from work.

"Nested among tall Carolina pine trees about hundred yards from a main road was the small unassuming cabin that Debbie Wolfe called home"......

from the article: "The Nike shoes were three sizes too large and were men’s shoes. She was found wearing men’s size 6 – Debbie wore a ladies size 7"

They were only 1 size too large. I wear men's sneakers, as my foot is somewhat wide. A men's 6 is a ladies 8.

"Bra-cup-size was three sizes too large and around-size it was two sizes too large – Debbie was found wearing a size 38-C, Debbie wore a 34-B" and "Debbie’s step-father went to the cabin on December 27, 2005 and he found a white, short-sleeved nurse’s uniform lying on the kitchen floor"

I want to know what size the uniform was that was laying on the floor; would a larger chested woman fit into the uniform on the floor?

Are they sure the uniform on the floor was a nurses' uniform? Could it have been a white cafeteria worker's or waitress uniform?

Agree with the party part- but I think there may have been folks partying at her cabin without her- and she walked into it upon coming home from work.

"Nested among tall Carolina pine trees about hundred yards from a main road was the small unassuming cabin that Debbie Wolfe called home"......

from the article: "The Nike shoes were three sizes too large and were men’s shoes. She was found wearing men’s size 6 – Debbie wore a ladies size 7"

They were only 1 size too large. I wear men's sneakers, as my foot is somewhat wide. A men's 6 is a ladies 8.

"Bra-cup-size was three sizes too large and around-size it was two sizes too large – Debbie was found wearing a size 38-C, Debbie wore a 34-B" and "Debbie’s step-father went to the cabin on December 27, 2005 and he found a white, short-sleeved nurse’s uniform lying on the kitchen floor"

I want to know what size the uniform was that was laying on the floor; would a larger chested woman fit into the uniform on the floor?

Are they sure the uniform on the floor was a nurses' uniform? Could it have been a white cafeteria worker's or waitress uniform?

It depends on what other info comes forth

Given what was listed in the article, I based my analysis o the fact she had NO reported enemies, seemed to live a low risk lifestyle, by all means "living the dream" etc ..

No toxicological findings...

Then it comes out she was being stalked, which changes things DRASTICALLY .

When my brother in law overdosed, his roommates hid his body , there was NO sign of anything even drug use, till toxicology tests indicated he OD'd on pure fentanyl

His room where his roommates found him looked like a bomb went off it looked like a fight broke out, stuff was strewn everywhere, even the clothes he had on earlier that day

Nothing was taken though, even a couple hundred dollars he had out on his dresser

What it was them trying to resuscitate him, then panicking , and putting him down in the car because they knew once he was missing police would be crawling all over the drug den they lived in

They called police about an hour later, and said they were trying to take him to the hospital , after they called his brother, and left the residence.

With the new info sundrop listed, it gives another possible avenue to pursue , but again that could all change, if more new info is put out .

Seems LE knows the name of the man who left the voice mail:

"Detectives would later claim that they investigated several patients with mental problems from the Veterans’ Hospital including the man who left the voice mail message.

Soon after being interviewed by sheriff detectives the man who left the voice mail left the State of North Carolina."

http://www.examiner.com/article/mur...l-fayetteville-nc-pond-still-shrouded-mystery

Seems LE knows the name of the man who left the voice mail:

"Detectives would later claim that they investigated several patients with mental problems from the Veterans’ Hospital including the man who left the voice mail message.

Soon after being interviewed by sheriff detectives the man who left the voice mail left the State of North Carolina."

http://www.examiner.com/article/mur...l-fayetteville-nc-pond-still-shrouded-mystery

Oddly they usually do within the 1st 7-10 days, believe it or not . Especially in a case like this

I think the angle that they are looking at is a patient infatuated with her who had psychological issues ...then left after being interviewed .

That's correct about the mental patient

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine