Page 10 of 46 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: **Verdict watch weekend discussion thread** 3/3-4/2012

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerGirl43 View Post
    I hope the jurors asked the same question....
    I hope they do too.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lucky89 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Elisaa444 View Post

I don't recall this testimony from FBI agent. Can anyone point me to this? I would like to hear that part again. Thats interesting.

Moo
    Elisaa, there is no such testimony.

<modsnip>
    Last edited by Salem; 03-03-2012 at 08:12 PM. Reason: A link has been requested. Lets wait for the response from the OP please.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Just the Fax For This Useful Post:

BritsKate is online now Past mistakes should teach you to create a wonderful future.

I know what the ME said, but I also know what the FBI agent said.. He said the killer would have marks on him EVEN if he wore gloves...
    Wouldn't that depend on the thickness and material of the gloves?
    Last edited by BritsKate; 03-03-2012 at 07:15 PM. Reason: Fixed broken quote
    "Emotional abuse isn't calling someone a name; it isn't simply raising your voice at someone you're meant to love...it's a concerted effort, a campaign, designed with the sole purpose of destruction. Your destruction. Emotional abuse crushes your spirit. It steals a piece of your soul. It changes everything about you and how you interact with others. You are never the same having survived it. In its wake, you question everything you ever thought you knew. You wonder what's wrong with you. You believe you aren't worth loving. You doubt yourself - constantly. And you learn to live with scars no one sees."

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BritsKate For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Elisaa444 View Post

I don't recall this testimony from FBI agent. Can anyone point me to this? I would like to hear that part again. Thats interesting.

Moo
    There was no testimony, but a FBI who was commenting on the case said a person would have marks on his hands even if he used gloves...
    Last edited by Salem; 03-03-2012 at 08:13 PM. Reason: fix quote - When you state a fact, you need a link please. Otherwise you must make it your opinion.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SteelerGirl43 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by oceanblueeyes View Post
    I have to admit mine would look much worse. Thank goodness anyone that knows me knows I keep up with true crime and have for decades. Whew! I have searched all sorts of graphic topics.

IMO
    me and you both, I have worked for LE and on slow nites I would read some of the old case files. My bf ask me all the time who u reading about now!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucky89 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cody100 View Post
    I am pretty sure that Collins never said it was possible to get back to King at roughly 20 mpg. I will have to look at it again. I know Cummings made that comment without showing how. The highest mpg showing for highway driving on a 2004 Explorer is 20 mpg.
    I am afraid he did!!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lucky89 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Allusonz View Post
    I am very aware of the facts of this case.

That is why I have some very serious concerns regarding the investigation.

As well I hope that someone does order a forensic audit of CY's trust account.
    Linda filed the WDS and claimed the life insurance as Executrix of Michelle's estate, not as Michelle's mother- She was acting in a fiduciary capacity, not as an individual. In that case, any legal fees, administrative costs or court costs are paid from estate funds.

Also, I'm not aware of any "trust account" for Cassidy. Michelle's will doesn't create a trust for her. If Jason predeceases her (and that's the legal result of the WDS), the will simply leaves her estate to her children. Whatever funds are in the estate are likely held in a guardianship account for Cassidy, since she's a minor, and that guardianship account is subject to the Clerk of Court's supervision. All expenditures have to be approved by the Clerk.

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Just the Fax For This Useful Post:

<modsnipped>

So the FBI is just lying???
    Last edited by Salem; 03-03-2012 at 08:15 PM. Reason: snipped u/a post. SG - you need to show us where the FBI guy said that, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Just the Fax View Post
    Testimony proved 20.3 MPG.
    Collins conceded that was possible.
    Is there a link with a time stamp for that?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to MoonFlwr For This Useful Post:

So the FBI is just lying???
    First of all, we have no idea what the "FBI" said and in what context.
    If the guy said JLY would have scratch marks on his leather gloved hands from the ME evidence, yes, I would say he is lying.

19. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Just the Fax For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LOMom View Post
    Regarding the missing shirt, it wasn't in his suitcase, the Youngs said nothing was taken out of the suitcase, and he wasn't wearing it the night of 11/3.

When he goes to the trouble of pretending the shirt he's wearing on Cassidy's 3rd birthday is the same one he wore at midnight on Nov. 3rd at the hotel, something is very suspicious. Only a guilty person would have done that.
    Yep. "Consciousness of guilt" -- you got it, LO!

All posts, unless attributed, are "just my humble opinion," and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you.

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
    William Shakespeare, King Richard II

The Angel of the Waters, Bethesda Terrace, Central Park, New York City

21. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to borndem For This Useful Post:

There was no testimony, but a FBI who was commenting on the case said a person would have marks on his hands even if he used gloves...
    He wasn't examined (NTO) until 4-5 days after the murder.
    Last edited by Salem; 03-03-2012 at 08:15 PM. Reason: fix quote

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to janesdean For This Useful Post:

First of all, we have no idea what the "FBI" said and in what context.
    If the guy said JLY would have scratch marks on his leather gloved hands from the ME evidence, yes, I would say he is lying.
    Who is WE... I heard it a long with others..... He said exactly what I typed... <modsnip>...
    Last edited by Salem; 03-03-2012 at 08:16 PM. Reason: We need a link please. If the FBI was on JVM or NG, you can link the transcripts

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SteelerGirl43 For This Useful Post:

IMO, I think he wore the gloves at first but when he started beating her 30 plus times it was hard to grip that weapon and he took them off to finish.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lucky89 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MoonFlwr View Post
    Is there a link with a time stamp for that?
    Well, I don't have a link, but I have a recap of the testimony.

Mileage + gas- 359.19 miles divided by burlington purchase. 19.47 mpg.
    Explorer holds 22.5 gals. Handee -HI - back to Birchleaf - King 458.90 miles divided by 22.5 = 20.3 miles per gal. Duffield to Brevard mountainous. Raleigh- Hillsville open highway, early morning, minimal traffic.
    Last edited by Salem; 03-03-2012 at 08:17 PM. Reason: You need a link if you state it as fact - what day of testimony was it?

29. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Just the Fax For This Useful Post:

I paid little attention to his spin and that silly map he used. Most of his included mountain driving and therefore was not applicable to the trip in question.
    Well, he actually showed from the mileage and gas purchases that the Explorer was getting 19.5 miles per gallen. Using those figures, JY would have run out before getting back to King. There is no proof that JY was getting 20.3 mpg that I saw. The silly map you are talking about is compelling evidence IMO.

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cody100 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cody100 View Post
    Well, he actually showed from the mileage and gas purchases that the Explorer was getting 19.5 miles per gallen. Using those figures, JY would have run out before getting back to King. There is no proof that JY was getting 20.3 mpg that I saw. The silly map you are talking about is compelling evidence IMO.
    ...except you missed the all important part about driving in the mountains.
    Collins failed to disclose that small fact in his presentation.

Piedmont NC to Hillsville Va driving was 20.3 MPG, leaving him .6 gallons left (10 mile range) when he pulled into the King gas station.

33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Just the Fax For This Useful Post:

JTF,
    What happen to the testimony about JY stopping by the hospital in Brevard before going to his mother's house?

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lucky89 For This Useful Post:

Well, I don't have a link, but I have a recap of the testimony.

Mileage + gas- 359.19 miles divided by burlington purchase. 19.47 mpg.
    Explorer holds 22.5 gals. Handee -HI - back to Birchleaf - King 458.90 miles divided by 22.5 = 20.3 miles per gal. Duffield to Brevard mountainous. Raleigh- Hillsville open highway, early morning, minimal traffic.
    Thank you for taking the time to respond to me by typing all that. I appreciate it. I realise that you are invested in this case and I have learnt how much time and effort you have put into it.

Is there a link to it, though. It seems you said it was fair to have a link to claim something as fact.

Not trying to stir trouble. Just making sure I understood your reason for dismissing someone's recollection a few posts back. Was it because there was no link?

37. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MoonFlwr For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Allusonz View Post
    I believe that when a law firm renders an account of that magnitude in the area of 1 million dollars that the expenditures should be approved by a judge.

I have always had to account for any of my expenses when acting as an executrix as well as any expenditures that I authorized to a judge when dealing with trust accounts especially that of a minor.
    How much do we know about that transaction? Do we know that is wasn't approved? I don't remember much about it, and I haven't had any experience with that type of fiduciary responsibility. I, like probably many others, have been the Executrix of an Estate (of a deceased adult), but a Trust for a minor is not the same thing at all, I would think.

Do you have any details about it, Allusonz? You've got me curious now!

All posts, unless attributed, are "just my humble opinion," and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you.

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
    William Shakespeare, King Richard II

The Angel of the Waters, Bethesda Terrace, Central Park, New York City

39. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to borndem For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky89 View Post
    JTF,
    What happen to the testimony about JY stopping by the hospital in Brevard before going to his mother's house?
    Yea, I thought we would hear from that administrator.
    He 'dropped in" and left his card. He also had the nerve to charge ChartOne $91 for the extra mileage to Brevard and back. No wonder they fired him the next month.

41. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Just the Fax For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MoonFlwr View Post
    Thank you for taking the time to respond to me by typing all that. I appreciate it. I realise that you are invested in this case and I have learnt how much time and effort you have put into it.

Is there a link to it, though. It seems you said it was fair to have a link to claim something as fact.

Not trying to stir trouble. Just making sure I understood your reason for dismissing someone's recollection a few posts back. Was it because there was no link?
    <modsnip>

As for the testimony I referred to, it was from Spivey

http://www.wral.com/specialreports/m.../#/vid10761355
    Last edited by Salem; 03-03-2012 at 08:20 PM.

43. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Just the Fax For This Useful Post:

I dont know what happen in that bedroom but him wearing gloves and then taking them off makes no sense to me. Golfers wear a glove because it makes them be able to grip the golf clubs more tightly and so do baseball players who uses bats. And many other professions use gloves because it lets them grip their tools better.

It also makes sense to me if he hit her with his fist before he bludgeoned her even while wearing gloves he could have marks or friction burns on his knuckles. That is why boxers have their hands bound up with tape looped around their hands several times and then put in a soft very padded glove.
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

45. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oceanblueeyes For This Useful Post:

I heard it too.

That is one of the reasons Jason's NTO results were so important.

We alll waited to hear the results if there were any scratches or marks on his hands or face.

His NTO was 4 days later,and we have all seen how light and fair skinned Jason is.

There was not a mark on him.

People saw him up close that very day, his meeting with Jennifer Sproles, for instance.
    Last edited by Salem; 03-03-2012 at 08:21 PM. Reason: A link is needed. You may link show transcripts, if necessary.

47. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cammy For This Useful Post:

<modsnip>

LE did not examine Jason Young for any marks or injuries (the NTO) until Nov 7 (IIRC) that was 5 days later. Any marks he may have had on his hands could have easily faded by then.
    Last edited by Salem; 03-03-2012 at 08:25 PM. Reason: removed u/a post

49. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to janesdean For This Useful Post:

Page 10 of 46 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast