Page 11 of 46 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: **Verdict watch weekend discussion thread** 3/3-4/2012

Quote Originally Posted by Just the Fax View Post
    <modsnip>....I knew the statement made about the FBI was not part of this trial.

As for the testimony I referred to, it was from Spivey

http://www.wral.com/specialreports/m.../#/vid10761355
    <modsnip>

<modsnip>
    Last edited by Salem; 03-03-2012 at 08:26 PM. Reason: If a post upsets you, alert it please. We do not talk about other posters in the threads.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MoonFlwr For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by janesdean View Post
    LE did not examine Jason Young for any marks or injuries (the NTO) until Nov 7 (IIRC) that was 5 days later. Any marks he may have had on his hands could have easily faded by then.
    Faded...yes. Completely no trace of them left? I am not sure.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MoonFlwr For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by oceanblueeyes View Post
    I dont know what happen in that bedroom but him wearing gloves and then taking them off makes no sense to me. Golfers wear a glove because it makes them be able to grip the golf clubs more tightly and so do baseball players who uses bats. And many other professions use gloves because it lets them grip their tools better.

It also makes sense to me if he hit her with his fist before he bludgeoned her even while wearing gloves he could have marks or friction burns on his knuckles. That is why boxers have their hands bound up with tape looped around their hands several times and then put in a soft very padded glove.
    Exactly.... The QB for the Steelers will wear a glove @ times because he throws better when he does... Why? Because he can grip the ball better.. Race car drivers wear gloves so they can get a solid grip & drive better...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SteelerGirl43 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerGirl43 View Post
    Exactly.... The QB for the Steelers will wear a glove @ times because he throws better when he does... Why? Because he can grip the ball better.. Race car drivers wear gloves so they can get a solid grip & drive better...
    I think the problem here is that:
    a) the state wanted us to believe that was Jason's print in the spatter, until the defense expert said there was no palm print belonging to JY
    b) that the reason JY did not have any injuries to his hands because he was wearing gloves.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonFlwr View Post
    Faded...yes. Completely no trace of them left? I am not sure.
    ITA none of us can be completely sure. What I do remember was the ME when asked if any of Michelle's injuries could have been done by a bare hand, the ME said he supposed the injury to her mouth could have been done by a fist, and of course the neck injuries from attempted strangulation was done by a hand.
    But, the cause of death remains blunt force, which definitely means not done with bare hands, lol. I don't see what kind of marks that would leave on your hands, especially if gloves were worn. Am I right to say the poster stated this was not testimony, if was a FBI guy talking about the case, not in the courtroom, under oath ?

9. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to janesdean For This Useful Post:

I dont know what happen in that bedroom but him wearing gloves and then taking them off makes no sense to me. Golfers wear a glove because it makes them be able to grip the golf clubs more tightly and so do baseball players who uses bats. And many other professions use gloves because it lets them grip their tools better.

It also makes sense to me if he hit her with his fist before he bludgeoned her even while wearing gloves he could have marks or friction burns on his knuckles. That is why boxers have their hands bound up with tape looped around their hands several times and then put in a soft very padded glove.
    Yes Golfers wear a glove that is made so they can grip a golf club. Same for baseball players. And yes they are plenty of other professions that use gloves like nurses doctors etc. But are these people delivering 30 blows to someone. I have never seen a golfer swing a golf club 30 times in a row or baseball player swing a bat 30 times in a row or a nurse or doctor deliver 30 blows to someone in a row.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lucky89 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Allusonz View Post
    God help the person that ever looks at my internet browsing history.

It would make that list look saintly in comparison.
    Well, do you plan on your spouse being killed in the near future? If so, you're in trouble!!
    Last edited by LOMom; 03-03-2012 at 08:13 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to LOMom For This Useful Post:

Well, I don't have a link, but I have a recap of the testimony.

Mileage + gas- 359.19 miles divided by burlington purchase. 19.47 mpg.
    Explorer holds 22.5 gals. Handee -HI - back to Birchleaf - King 458.90 miles divided by 22.5 = 20.3 miles per gal. Duffield to Brevard mountainous. Raleigh- Hillsville open highway, early morning, minimal traffic.

The assumption is that you run completely out of gas and get much better gas mileage than the Explorer showed it got on several other tanks of gas. I know I would not run my vehicle to the last drop, especially if I had just killed my wife. I suspect that presentation was compelling to the jury.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to cody100 For This Useful Post:

ITA none of us can be completely sure. What I do remember was the ME when asked if any of Michelle's injuries could have been done by a bare hand, the ME said he supposed the injury to her mouth could have been done by a fist, and of course the neck injuries from attempted strangulation was done by a hand.
    But, the cause of death remains blunt force, which definitely means not done with bare hands, lol. I don't see what kind of marks that would leave on your hands, especially if gloves were worn. Am I right to say the poster stated this was not testimony, if was a FBI guy talking about the case, not in the courtroom, under oath ?
    Even if he used a weapon he had to hold it in his hands.... His hand could have gotten in the way just like a person when using a hammer and smashes their finger.....

Yes I said it wasn't in court under testimony.... Im sorry but a beating like MY had would leave something on the murderer...

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SteelerGirl43 For This Useful Post:

Even if he used a weapon he had to hold it in his hands.... His hand could have gotten in the way just like a person when using a hammer and smashes their finger.....

Yes I said it wasn't in court under testimony.... Im sorry but a beating like MY had would leave something on the murderer...
    <modsnip>, I just remembered that BLACK n BLUE toenail JY had, looked like he may have smashed his blunt object right into his own foot, and that sure didn't clear up in the five days before LE even looked at him for injuries ! <modsnip>
    Last edited by Salem; 03-03-2012 at 08:28 PM. Reason: don't be snarky please.

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to janesdean For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cody100 View Post
    The assumption is that you run completely out of gas and get much better gas mileage than the Explorer showed it got on several other tanks of gas. I know I would not run my vehicle to the last drop, especially if I had just killed my wife. I suspect that presentation was compelling to the jury.
    Well, I guess we are all different, cause it appears JLY did just that.
    Unlike the first trial, the state proved that was possible and deflated Collins's argument at closing.

21. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Just the Fax For This Useful Post:

I agree, also most people would not risk driving with anything incriminating in their car any longer than they had to, either.

The Pros tried to imply that Jason still had bloody clothes and the weapon for miles and miles until he supposedly got gas at King,NC.

Can you imagine running out of gas with evidence from the crime scene you just left?

Collins gas mileage chart was excellent both times at the trial, so much so, that the Pros felt the need to answer it this time
    around.

The last time they were caught off guard, but Collins got them again.

That's pure speculation. You have no idea what weapon was used - golf club, fire poker, whatever. She was surprised by her attacker while in her bed - stunned, overwhelmed, and hardly able to put up much of a fight (died right at the bedside), other then trying to protect her head with her hands. She had no chance - it was a one way fight - all him on her.

24. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to LOMom For This Useful Post:

I havent read the full AR, Jane. Did she have other bruises on her body that did not result in gaping wounds or fractures?

tia
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

Well, I guess we are all different, cause it appears JLY did just that.
    Unlike the first trial, the state proved that was possible and deflated Collins's argument at closing.
    Could you please show me the link.

Quote Originally Posted by Cammy View Post
    I agree, also most people would not risk driving with anything incriminating in their car any longer than they had to.

The Pros tried to imply that Jason still had bloody clothes and the weapon for miles and miles until he supposedly got gas at King,NC.

Can you imagine running out of gas with evidence from the crime scene you just left.

Collins gas mileage chart was excellent both times at the trial, so much so, that the Pros felt the need to answer it this time
    around.
    The last time they were caught off guard.
    How did the prosecution try to imply this??? There was no trail of blood from the upstairs through the downstairs out the door and into the car and that's what the prosecution said.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LOMom For This Useful Post:

I havent read the full AR, Jane. Did she have other bruises on her body that did not result in gaping wounds or fractures?

tia
    IIRC, she had some abrasions on her shoulder, but for the most part I think most of her injuries were deep, deep wounds to her head, and a fractured (in two places) jaw. Just a horrible way to die, so undeserving/senseless.

30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to janesdean For This Useful Post:

But it happens.... I live in Columbus, Ohio & in the past yr home invasions during the night has been increasing.. And they have been violent... The lastest one was Feb 24.... A 65-year-old man who awoke to a pummeling Friday morning as he was thrown down a flight of stairs and kicked.
    yes as i said most, not all, happen when the house is likely empty if burglary is the only motive.

and i sincerely hope that the man's loved ones have cooperated with police (with legal counsel if desired) and they hope that there IS an arrest.

if they instead fled town without asking what happened to him and wanted to disappear...
    just my opinion - apply as needed

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ohstopit For This Useful Post:

tia
    She had one on her left arm.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lucky89 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cammy View Post
    I agree, also most people would not risk driving with anything incriminating in their car any longer than they had to, either.

Can you imagine running out of gas with evidence from the crime scene you just left?

around.

The last time they were caught off guard, but Collins got them again.
    To be honest, if JLY could pull off this crime, he has to be brilliant. So, why would he not know he needed more gas, therefore buying more gas in gas cans. There is no proof that he did that either.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to cody100 For This Useful Post:

I don't have the link on the state's testimony regarding the gas mileage, but I do know they presented evidence during the trial to show that it was possible. Also, said that the DT's argument relied on JY's getting lost, but who would believe him??

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LOMom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LOMom View Post
    How did the prosecution try to imply this??? There was no trail of blood from the upstairs through the downstairs out the door and into the car and that's what the prosecution said.
    Jason would still have to get rid of any evidence.

The Pros was trying to get the Jurors to notice the dumpsters by the McD's as his drop off place. (gas station-King, NC)

I already did, upthread.
    I am moving on from the gas subject....it has been beat to death.

41. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Just the Fax For This Useful Post:

To be honest, if JLY could pull off this crime, he has to be brilliant. So, why would he not know he needed more gas, therefore buying more gas in gas cans. There is no proof that he did that either.

That would have made more sense, in his plan, to have a gas can..(s)

But, I don't buy the gas stop in King, NC, because they never found the other gas stop he would have had to made, on the other side
    of Hillsville.

How lucky was LE to just find one gas stop with a cash receipt, no video surveillance, and a witness who was never found.

jmo

43. The Following User Says Thank You to Cammy For This Useful Post:

I already did, upthread.
    I am moving on from the gas subject....it has been beat to death.
    I am too. Thanks, I missed your link. And, it is ok to disagree.

Page 11 of 46 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast