1330 users online (327 members and 1003 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

NM - Samuel Jones, 4, Carlsbad, 3 March 2012

Amber Alert issued for missing four year old

The Carlsbad Police Department and New Mexico State Police have issued an Amber Alert for four-year-old Samuel Jones, who may have been abducted by a non-family member, a release from the state of New Mexico Department of Public Safety said.

[snip]

According to the release, the child was last seen around 6:30 p.m. Saturday near the 100 block of Taylor Circle in Carlsbad, N.M. A child matching his description was seen walking in the area with a white bald man wearing a red shirt.

More: http://www.abqjournal.com/main/2012/...-year-old.html

4-year-old boy missing in south Carlsbad

The Carlsbad Police Department received a report of a missing 4-year-old boy. Police and family have begun searching for the boy but at this time have been unable to locate him.

http://www.currentargus.com/ci_20097185

Oh bless, I pray he is found soon. When I first read the post I thought it was Carlsbad (as in San Diego). I hope the media puts out more info (ie, where were the parents, etc) and how did he become available to some bald man. Yikes!

Mel

Amber Alert Issued Out Of Carlsbad

Carlsbad police were looking for a 4-year-old little boy last seen at approximately 6:30 p.m. on Saturday.

Samuel Jones is white, approximately 3 feet tall and weighing about 40 pounds. Samuel has hazel eyes and short brown hair. He has scratches on the left side of his chin and is missing his front four teeth.

Police say he was last seen wearing a blue and grey striped long sleeved shirt, blue jeans, blue and white baseball cap and black converse tennis shoes.

No updates? Who was he with last?
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Link to scanner thread for Samuel Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    Last edited by KateB; 04-30-2015 at 08:59 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

Quote Originally Posted by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed View Post
    Amber Alert Issued Out Of Carlsbad

Carlsbad police were looking for a 4-year-old little boy last seen at approximately 6:30 p.m. on Saturday.

Samuel Jones is white, approximately 3 feet tall and weighing about 40 pounds. Samuel has hazel eyes and short brown hair. He has scratches on the left side of his chin and is missing his front four teeth.

Police say he was last seen wearing a blue and grey striped long sleeved shirt, blue jeans, blue and white baseball cap and black converse tennis shoes.
    Why is he missing his 4 front teeth? 4 is too young to have begun losing teeth. Usually teeth do not start coming out until around 6. http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/baby-teeth/AN00355
    Last edited by Angelonline; 03-04-2012 at 03:41 AM. Reason: misspelling
    "Words can break someone into a million pieces, but they can also put them back together. I hope you use yours for good, because the only words you'll regret more than the ones left unsaid are the ones you use to intentionally hurt someone."

Me, my husband and daughter participated in the searching tonight. Just got back from the command center about an hour ago. We went door to door knocking and searching high and low for Sammy. As far as I know, there wasn't anything found. Twenty search teams were doing grid searches. The State Police arrived from out of town earlier this evening to help with the search.

One of the local doctors has search and rescue K-9's and I noticed she was on scene about midnight. Did not hear if there was any new information or if the dog found anything. I did not see her or the dogs when we returned from our grid area, so I assume they were out searching somewhere else.

Lots of stories floating around, but the jist of it is that a witness saw a man in his 20's, wearing a red shirt holding Sammy's hand walking south from his house about 6:30 p.m. She realized it was him after seeing the picture of him distributed after he went missing. The man was bald or had a crew cut. I think I heard Sammy was last seen by his parents in their back yard.

From what I could tell from the scene, there are three RSO in the area and I think law enforcement has already checked them out. The nearby RV parks and motels have been checked and border patrol is assisting and had a road block set up on the highway to El Paso, TX and were checking all vehicles.

The search teams will regroup at 7 a.m. tomorrow at the command center on Taylor street across the street from Sammy's house. There are still people out on their own searching the alfalfa fields and canals in the area. Others are going out tomorrow on ATV's and on horseback.

*Sigh* Now I go to bed with a heavy heart. Please Lord wrap your love around this baby boy and help us find him.

It is still an active Amber Alert... very odd situation...

http://www.ncmec.org/missingkids/ser...archLang=en_US

SWMNBN -
    Typo in the title with Sameul - Samuel.. I thought I was going nuts.

NM - Samuel Jones, 4, Carlsbad, 3 March 2012

SAMUEL JONES, Age Now: 4, Missing: 03/03/2012. Missing From CARLSBAD, NM. ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT: Carlsbad Police Department (New Mexico) 1-575-885-2111.

More...

Last edited by summer_breeze; 03-04-2012 at 10:06 AM.

Amber Alert for Missing Carlsbad Boy

http://www.kasa.com/dpps/news/amber-...ad-boy_4093827

Updated: Saturday, 03 Mar 2012, 11:29 PM MST
    Published : Saturday, 03 Mar 2012, 11:22 PM MST
    Ian Schwartz

CARLSBAD, NM - New Mexico State Police have issued an Amber Alert for a young boy missing from Carlsbad.

Quote Originally Posted by Tainted Angel View Post
    Me, my husband and daughter participated in the searching tonight. Just got back from the command center about an hour ago. We went door to door knocking and searching high and low for Sammy. As far as I know, there wasn't anything found. Twenty search teams were doing grid searches. The State Police arrived from out of town earlier this evening to help with the search.

One of the local doctors has search and rescue K-9's and I noticed she was on scene about midnight. Did not hear if there was any new information or if the dog found anything. I did not see her or the dogs when we returned from our grid area, so I assume they were out searching somewhere else.

Lots of stories floating around, but the jist of it is that a witness saw a man in his 20's, wearing a red shirt holding Sammy's hand walking south from his house about 6:30 p.m. She realized it was him after seeing the picture of him distributed after he went missing. The man was bald or had a crew cut. I think I heard Sammy was last seen by his parents in their back yard.

From what I could tell from the scene, there are three RSO in the area and I think law enforcement has already checked them out. The nearby RV parks and motels have been checked and border patrol is assisting and had a road block set up on the highway to El Paso, TX and were checking all vehicles.

The search teams will regroup at 7 a.m. tomorrow at the command center on Taylor street across the street from Sammy's house. There are still people out on their own searching the alfalfa fields and canals in the area. Others are going out tomorrow on ATV's and on horseback.

*Sigh* Now I go to bed with a heavy heart. Please Lord wrap your love around this baby boy and help us find him.

Thank you for this firsthand report. It really helps to have a local in the area.

Hopefully Sammy will have been found before the search this morning.

I was thinking an older man when I heard he was bald.

Here is update from 7:08 this morning.

Samuel was playing in his backyard in the 100 block of Taylor Circle. He was last seen in the area of Old Cavern Highway and the Carlsbad Irrigation Canal.

http://www.currentargus.com/carlsbad-news/ci_20097185

Quote Originally Posted by Tainted Angel View Post

Thank you for the report and for helping in the search.
    Pretty bold for this man to be leading this child down the street, wouldn't you say?? I hope and pray Sammy is found safe very soon.

Prayers going up for this little lad, may he be found safe and soon
    England's dancing days are done...

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast