Opening Statements 03/05/2012 in MRT's Trial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salem

Former Member
Reaction score
Opening statements are to begin Monday morning.

Please post your comments here.

Please be mindful of TOS and all rules. There will be ZERO TOLERANCE for snarky or disrespectful posts and/or subtle digs at other members. Mods will not be pm'ing you, you will just find that you can no longer post.

There is to be NO name calling or name variations, not even of the accused, and NO BICKERING between member.

A difference of opinion is NOT a TOS violation. Some will think he is guilty, some will think he is not guilty and some will be on the fence. All of that is okay and should NOT BE ATTACKED. If you disagree, that's fine, move past the post. If a post offends you, alert it and let the Mods look at it. Remember if you respond, it is on YOU and you will suffer any consequences.

If you have any questions - please pm a Mod and we will be happy to assist you. The main Mods for this trial will be Nursebeeme, Fran, Ynot, Imamaze and myself. BUT you may always pm any mod you are comfortable with.

Thank you,

Salem

ETA: The thread will open Monday morning.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=164836"]trial media and tweet thread (5 March 2012): **no discussion** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame] this is a thread for any live updates or tweets from the courtroom. It is a **no discussion** thread to be able to keep the trial information organized.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=164836"]trial media and tweet thread (5 March 2012): **no discussion** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]
(here is the link to the twitter/media update no discussion thread... it is open and I have already posted some live updates from reporters waiting to get inside the courthouse)

please read and thank the rules... there will be zero tolerance for tos violations.

This is going to be an even longer trial (seems like it) since we can't view it live as it happens and have to rely on tweet updates and reporters filling us in when they can.

I'm sure I am among a huge crowd that just really doesn't like to rely on reporters to decide for us what is relevant info to pass on to us that is court room testimony and evidence.

I'm looking for the continuation of the discussion thread (from thread #29). Am I in the right place? TIA!

I wish it would be live streamed. :sigh:

I'm looking for the continuation of the discussion thread (from thread #29). Am I in the right place? TIA!

You are in the right place :)

We will have a new discussion thread for each day of the trial

AM980.ca ‏ @AM980_Court

The Tori Stafford murder trial begins at 10 a.m. today when the Crown delivers its opening statement to the jury bit.ly/x8I4jh

What time is it in ON right now? 9? So the trial starts in an hour?

Do family members get assigned seats?

They should have reserved seats from PA and not have to go to an overflow room, unless by choice. My gosh this is his Grandchild.

Tori Stafford's father Rodney and other relative wearing purple ribbons with "Tori" embroidered on it #sl #Rafferty
by cbcsteve via twitter 9:32 AM

so according to the tweets I am reading (iirc) the trial is on the 14th floor and the satellite courtroom is on the 6th? This is a good move (re: reporters cannot just walk into the next room to tweet/etc) and a good security move imhoo

thought: does anyone think they will have monitors in the satellite courtroom for reporters to watch the trial while updating?

(haven't heard much on the setup)

RaffertyLFP: Trial called to order Justice Heeney calls for exclusion of witnesses [via Twitter]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member