Tricia's Tease

wonderllama

Registered Snoozer
Reaction score
Okay Ladies and Gentlemen.

The lovely Tricia has been teasing us at the end of each of the Websleuths Radio shows with "Believe me, 2012 will be a GREAT year for the truth with respect to the JBR case".

Let the speculation begin.

I am trying to think why 2012 might be significant. What happened 10 years ago that was significant to the case? The only thing I have come up with is that it was 10 years since the Steve Thomas Lawsuit?
Lawsuit Conclusion Letter Perhaps part of the terms of settlement included his non-commenting on the case. Certainly might explain John Ramsey's sudden need to publish a book.

As I said, pure speculation, but the fact that Tricia has said something will happen for mine suggests she's waiting for a specific date.
:banghead:

In 1999, The New York Post wrote an article claiming that Burke killed JonBenet, and his parents covered for him. The Ramseys sued for libel, and in 2002, a judge ruled that the Boulder LE had to give all files pertaining to Burke to the Post. The newspaper said they needed them for their defense.

The order covers any documents from the beginning of the murder investigation to the date of Hunter's affidavit regarding the investigation of Burke Ramsey, potential charges against him, or any plea negotiations concerning charges against the child.

LE had until May 9 to hand the information over.

As far as I know, the newspaper has never released any information in those files. Is it possible that the Post would be allowed to publish what was in those files after 10 years? Maybe not the part (if it exists) about Burke killing JonBenet, but maybe transcripts of all his interviews with LE?

In 1999, The New York Post wrote an article claiming that Burke killed JonBenet, and his parents covered for him. The Ramseys sued for libel, and in 2002, a judge ruled that the Boulder LE had to give all files pertaining to Burke to the Post. The newspaper said they needed them for their defense.

LE had until May 9 to hand the information over.

As far as I know, the newspaper has never released any information in those files. Is it possible that the Post would be allowed to publish what was in those files after 10 years? Maybe not the part (if it exists) about Burke killing JonBenet, but maybe transcripts of all his interviews with LE?

eileenhawkeye,
They could call the R's bluff by going to court and request a dispensation from litigation on the grounds that Burke Ramsey is innocent and has been cleared by the DA's statement wrt the touch dna.

If the case ever goes into cold storage and is archived e.g. no longer has cold-case status, then the paper will be free to print the information. As I have mentioned on other threads, this is the kind of event that will trigger documentaries, and renew interest in the JonBenet case, then Burke would have to defend himself, probably LW style.

I reckon the The New York Post must be sitting on a million dollars in terms of future revenue.

What do you mean by if the case is archived and no longer has cold case status? As long as the case is unsolved, it will be a cold case.

What do you mean by if the case is archived and no longer has cold case status? As long as the case is unsolved, it will be a cold case.

eileenhawkeye,
Maybe the US applies different terminology. As long as an investigation is active then all evidence usually has the status confidential or sealed. This includes investigations with cold case status, which I understand to be an administrative category.

Once a case is no longer active, and does not have cold case status e.g. no investigation is taking place, then the case evidence can be made public.

This is why the case currently has cold case status, e.g. it prevents the evidence going public!

Same here in Oz.
Cold Case is one that has stopped being examined/studied/investigated and is reopened to take a fresh look. As opposed to just a really old unsolved case nobody is looking at.

Maybe we need to try and get a date for the info out of Tricia as the date may have more meaning that simply "2012".

It's like waiting for Christmas...which may not really be the most appropriate analogy given this case.

Could John's book be connected to this possible development? Since Tricia is excited about it, we know that it's good for the RDI side. Everyone behind the book has been extremely, extremely quiet. I don't know if this makes sense...but I wonder if the book will be released in a week, quietly, and then when this development comes out, that won't be good for John, the book will already be out and "ready". Or it could be he's getting his book out now, so people know his side, have sympathy for him before the new information is released.

Okay Ladies and Gentlemen.

The lovely Tricia has been teasing us at the end of each of the Websleuths Radio shows with "Believe me, 2012 will be a GREAT year for the truth with respect to the JBR case".

Let the speculation begin.

Snipped and BBM:

:please: Oh I hope so ! It is high time the TRUTH come out with respect to JonBenet !

I :lurk: here on the JBR threads from time to time, hoping to see some news on the case ...

And thank you for this thread ... I will be lurking here as well ... lol !

:seeya:

Snipped and BBM:

:please: Oh I hope so ! It is high time the TRUTH come out with respect to JonBenet !

I :lurk: here on the JBR threads from time to time, hoping to see some news on the case ...

And thank you for this thread ... I will be lurking here as well ... lol !

:seeya:

It would nice to get a development that actually means something. All the developments we've gotten in the last 5 years have been complete BS.

2006: John Mark Karr arrested for JonBenet's murder! Oh wait, he didn't do it.

2008: The Ramseys are cleared. Oh wait, the DNA doesn't mean there was definitely an intruder.

2009: The case is re-opened or handed back to LE. IDK. But nothing came from it.

2010: LE wants to interview Burke. But he won't talk to them. Nevermind.

It would nice to get a development that actually means something. All the developments we've gotten in the last 5 years have been complete BS.

Snipped and BBM:

:seeya: Hi eileen, I totally agree, and these are some good points ...

Oh ... I can't wait for the day that there has some REAL news on JonBenet ! This has gone on far too long !

I also want to say that this is a :great: forum, and I "lurk" here from time to time.

Hopefully this will be the year for a break in this case !:please:

MOO ...

I hope the truth does come out about who the real killer was. Wonder why Burke didn't want to speak to LE in 2010? If he had nothing to hide wouldn't he want to help LE all he could to help find out who killed his sister. I never did believe that there was an intruder in the house and I never thought John or Patsy were responsible for her death. Seemed like the entire thing was a cover up to try to protect someone in the family.....JMO

I hope the truth does come out about who the real killer was. Wonder why Burke didn't want to speak to LE in 2010? If he had nothing to hide wouldn't he want to help LE all he could to help find out who killed his sister. I never did believe that there was an intruder in the house and I never thought John or Patsy were responsible for her death. Seemed like the entire thing was a cover up to try to protect someone in the family.....JMO

Only FOUR people were proven to be in that house on the night of December 25th 1996. Only THREE people were alive the next morning. If the parents are covering up the crime, there is only one person they could be covering for.
However, lets not forget that it has never been proven one way or the other whether JR's older son JAR was there that day. They have all denied it, but there are some suspicions. For one, their neighbor (the late) Joe Barnhill, claimed to have seen JAR walking into the house that day. He knew the family well, JAR went to school right there in Boulder and was often at the house. There is also the matter of JAR claiming to be with his mother in Georgia. However, JR hired a lawyer for his ex-wife as soon as he hired his own. Now....what reason might she need a lawyer for? She was not in Boulder and was not a suspect. BUT- a lawyer would keep LE at bay should they want to talk to her about the whereabouts of her son and also possibly ask for any photos that may have proven he was in Georgia Christmas Day. It was Christmas- people take photos. Kids that age go to parties. There was a grainy ATM shot taken in Georgia, but the person alleged to be JAR was wearing a baseball cap and it is impossible to see who it really is. A movie ticket stub was proffered as proof- but anyone can give someone a ticket stub. Only photographic proof, like on a videotape or date-stamped photo, would prove he was in Georgia that day.

Speaking of JAR, can anyone recall any passages in DOI (which I haven't had the opportunity to read) that mentions PR's relationship with JAR? I know he was only her step son, but does anything lead any of you to believe that they had a close relationship with one another? I somehow have a hard time believing that she'd cover for her step son in the event of his involvement in JB's death.

Speaking of JAR, can anyone recall any passages in DOI (which I haven't had the opportunity to read) that mentions PR's relationship with JAR? I know he was only her step son, but does anything lead any of you to believe that they had a close relationship with one another? I somehow have a hard time believing that she'd cover for her step son in the event of his involvement in JB's death.

shotgunhomicide,

Well not unless we have a very dysfunctional family. Personally I think this is what lies behind the staging. Since there was no need to stage JonBenet as she was, I think the R's had secrets they wished to remain private, so they removed the evidence and invented the abduction scenario. I think it very likely that JonBenet was molested by more than one R relative!

Gahhhhhhhhhhh....okay, I need to get the replay of Tricia's show now in order to type her opening & closing comments.....

Okay, here goes.....follow this link to the show above or read this.

About 17mins into Tricia's show she said.

"This is from somebody that gave it to me to give to you.

John Ramsey has once again taken the public stage to express the innocence of his family in any involvement they may have played in the cover up of his daughter's death.
No one has challenged this position since Steve Thomas published his expose about his first hand experiences about the failures of the investigation in 2000.

John Ramsey may have exercised the option to raise the issue about the unsolved murder of his daughter at the moment but I, now we're talking about me...*snip snip where Tricia reiterates that this is her talking about information given to her*

But I am personally aware, that would be me, that ANOTHER voice will soon enter the arena of this matter. The Ramsey's representations about the facts and the evidence that have supported their intruder theory in this crime will soon face a greater public scrutiny.

Now I can't tell you who, what or exactly what the other side of the story will be revealed, I can't tell you any of that, but I can assure you from my heart and soul my friends, new revelations about this case are on the horizon, and they are amazing!

Our time has come, the truth is going to come out.
It will happen."

Interestingggggggggggggggggggggggggg....

so, does anyone have any thoughts about who or what this might be?

Later in the program when talking with Dr. Glass, Dr. G says something like we know what you are talking about, and Tricia says, Oh no you don't, and that basically we will be totally surprised.

Could it be from LE?

A family friend?

Could it be from Patsy's side of the family? Wouldnt that be a shocker?

You would think it would be from someone who wouldnt change their mind about coming forth with new info...since, like llama said, seems tricia is waiting for a specific date. Would that mean it was from someone "official"?

I cant wait to hear others thoughts. I know it is pure speculation, but it is still interesting to try and guess. I just hope a year of so from now we arent saying "Well, that tease never turned into anything."

Jonbenet deserves justice!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cbisme
Back