NY - Christopher Porco - Another Menandez situation? - sentenced

hockeymom

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
This story made Fox news today. It happened in another suburb near my home,outside of Albany ,NY. A man,Peter Porco, was found dead Monday morning at his home,apparently nearly decapitated. His wife was upstairs beaten to unconciousness. She has survived however,but is too sedated to talk to LE. One son is in the navy so they have a pretty good handle on his whereabouts,but the 21 yr. old, Christopher,is a "person of interest". He is a student in rochester,NY about 4 hrs away,but they have impounded his car and are checking his EZ pass records.Apparently there have been some problems between the father and son. According to people who know them say ,no way,great kid etc..Someone I know lives near them and he was told by LE,"Don't p*ss of you kid",so I'm assuming they know,but are waiting.
Anyway if anyone's interested in reading more about it,go to my local paper, www.timesunion.com. Its usually under the local section. Also watch for it on Fox.

To be a 'Menendez situation" both brothers would have to be involved, wouldn't they?

Christopher appears to be a person of interest because of a high-interest loan he acquired for college expenses.

Will be interesting to see how this case shakes out.

LP
I think when Fox got a hold of the story they were trying to jazz it up and that was their headline(the Menendez thing). It will be interesting to see. According to one of the local news stations,the mother was able to identify that Christopher did it with a nod of her head. This was not confirmed and LE denies it. I think if that was the case he would be in jail by now.

The one son still looks to be suspect even if police aren't actually calling him a "suspect". They sure haven't cleared him publicly. Maybe the burglaries are connected to the attack. I hate to think that the son is responsible and hope he isn't.

Slaying inquiry looks at thefts
Police are re-examining break-in reports from '02 and '03 for any leads into Peter Porco's death

By CAROL DeMARE, Staff writer
First published: Tuesday, November 23, 2004

BETHLEHEM -- Authorities are trying to determine if two reported break-ins within eight months at the home of a popular law clerk played any role in his bludgeoning death last week.
Peter Porco told Bethlehem police in 2002 that someone broke into his house at 36 Brockley Drive on Thanksgiving Day. The following July, Porco reported another break-in. In both instances, laptops were taken. --->>

Joan Porco underwent extensive surgery to her face and head and remains in serious condition at Albany Medical Center Hospital. Sources said a hatchet was used in the attacks.--->>

Police have focused on Christopher, whom they have not called a suspect. Authorities seized his 2004 Jeep Wrangler, reviewed his E-ZPass records and interviewed college friends.

On Thursday, Christopher retained criminal defense attorney Terence Kindlon, who accused police of harassing his client.
--->>

http://www.timesunion.com/AspStorie...tegory=ALBANY&BCCode=HOME&newsdate=11/23/2004

Clues to slaying sought from alarm
Porcos' security system could provide evidence if it was deactivated

By BRENDAN LYONS, Staff writer

First published: Thursday, December 2, 2004

BETHLEHEM -- A security system at the home of a Delmar couple who were bludgeoned inside their residence may hold key evidence if the alarm was deactivated that night by someone who knew the pass code, according to law enforcement sources.
Peter Porco, 52, who was killed, and his 54-year-old wife, Joan, who barely survived the beating, were attacked in their bedroom several hours before dawn Nov. 15. The couple had installed a Time Warner security system in the house following two burglaries at the residence in 2002 and 2003, but the alarm apparently wasn't triggered on the night they were attacked.

http://www.timesunion.com/AspStorie...BCCode=HOME&newsdate=12/2/2004&tacodalogin=no

More from the Times/Union. Looks like Christopher continues as the main suspect, whether named or not:

Younger Porco's actions probed
Grand jury hears about whereabouts of homicide victim's youngest child, a college student

By BRENDAN LYONS and SIMONE SEBASTIAN, Staff writers
First published: Saturday, December 4, 2004

ALBANY -- The movements of a 21-year-old college student on the night his father was killed and his mother savagely beaten in their Delmar home took center stage Friday before an Albany County grand jury that began reviewing evidence in the case.
Nearly a dozen fraternity brothers of Christopher Porco, a student at the University of Rochester, testified about the sophomore economics major, who lives in their dormitory. A college security officer also testified before the panel, which is reviewing the case behind closed doors.
--->> http://www.timesunion.com/AspStorie...ategory=ALBANY&BCCode=HOME&newsdate=12/4/2004

If Porca is guilty, his fate could come down to his mother. It is imperative that for the sake of the case Joan Porca make a full recovery so she could tell the police what she knows. The police have probably instructed hospital staff that all life-saving efforts be made on her behalf. Here's hoping that Joan Porca recovers and justice be done.

Panel studies gambling link
Porco family finances examined as police probe conduct of a son

First published: Saturday, December 11, 2004
ALBANY -- Authorities are sifting through the financial dealings of a Delmar couple, including alleged gambling habits of one of their sons, as part of an ongoing grand jury investigation into the beating death of Peter Porco, whose wife also was savagely attacked.
An Albany County Sheriff's Department inspector this week said investigators in a special unit have been asked to explore leads that the couple's son, Christopher, who was identified early on by police as a suspect in the case, may have a gambling habit.

Christopher Porco's attorney, Terence L. Kindlon..."It's garbage," Kindlon said. "That's the first time I've heard that (gambling claim) and I've heard lots of things, which I know from my own information simply aren't true. There are a lot of wild and sometimes absurd claims that have been circulating."

Clyne said authorities anticipate it could be weeks before the grand jury reaches a decision in the case. He also said authorities want Joan Porco, who suffered devastating injuries to her face and head, to testify before the panel. He said she doesn't have the stamina yet. Joan Porco was moved this week from Albany Medical Center Hospital to a rehabilitation clinic in Schenectady.

"She's not at the point where she can sit down and have the same conversation you and I could," Clyne said. "Such a convalescence could last a long time."

Clyne said he and police interviewed Joan Porco for brief periods at Albany Med, adding: "There will be some point where she will be subject to far-reaching and definitive interviews." --->>

A neighbor has told police that he saw a yellow Jeep Wrangler, similar to one owned by Christopher Porco, in the family's driveway about 4 a.m. on the day of the attacks. But that neighbor has not been subpoenaed to testify before the grand jury.

It's still unclear what led police to declare Christopher Porco a suspect in an all-points bulletin issued less than two hours after the grisly discovery.
--->>

http://www.timesunion.com/AspStorie...CCode=HOME&newsdate=12/11/2004&tacodalogin=no

Grand jury continues investigation into Porco murder
Updated: 12/17/2004 6:56 PM
By: Capital News 9 web staff

An Albany County grand jury was back at it Friday -- reviewing evidence in the November murder of Delmar law clerk Peter Porco.

This was the third straight Friday the grand jury has convened -- with still no indictment or suspect named.

So far that grand jury has reviewed evidence and heard testimony from 10 witnesses. The identity of the witnesses were not released by the district attorney.

http://www.capitalnews9.com/content/your_news/capital_region/default.asp?ArID=108997

I know 2 LE officers both from different offices and they have both told me the same story. When Joan was found,she was semiconscious and implicated her son. They thought she was going to die and that statement would have been admissable. Now that she has survived,she can not remember exactly what happened and they can not use this "deathbed" statement.They know that Chris did it and feel he had an accomplice.
I also have a neighbor who goes to school with Chris. I wouldn't be surprised if he was one of the witnesses for the grand jury as he was mentioned in the local paper. He is home for the holidays so I hope to get info from him.

I don't think Chris did it. I just don't believe he could have. However, I suspect that he may have had something to do with it. What I mean is, I'm from the same town, and I can say, first hand that Albany is a really bad place. In fact, I've never been to a city with more crime and poverty. Really, if you doubt it--just read the paper on any given day....rapes, murders, family violence, gang murders, domestic stabbings and beatings...there is no shortage of terrifying criminals in the Albany area. Anyway, I think that maybe Chris owed money to the wrong people---and they did this. It would explain the car in the driveway (they set him up), it would explain why Joan (according to rumor) was saying Chris' name when she was found...I mean, I assume the killers were telling Porco's why they were being attacked as they carried out the crime. Also, the fact that the Porco's were so well-connected politically may explain why they went after Peter instead of Chris. If anything had happened to Chris, there's no question Peter would have had enough info (and the connections) to see justice carried through. With Peter, all they had to do was put a yellow jeep in the driveway...and let the bethlehem rent-a-cops jump to conclusions...Another reason I don't think Chris did this...he'd need an accomplice. And there's no one---none of his friends are even close to murderers. He's a good kid and has always surrounded himself with good kids. The menendez situation was very different---you were dealing with mentally disturbed men who had been abused by the man they killed. Chris is a really nice person---he'd have to be some type of wacko-genius sociopath to have fooled absolutely everyone at BCHS, everyone on both his h.s. and college swim teams, all of his teachers, his employers....i mean--no one can keep the gig going that long...

MissDelmar said:
Chris is a really nice person---he'd have to be some type of wacko-genius sociopath to have fooled absolutely everyone at BCHS, everyone on both his h.s. and college swim teams, all of his teachers, his employers....i mean--no one can keep the gig going that long...[/QUOTE]

I believe Snotty accomplished this feat...If that case taught us anything, it should be that noone can be trusted completly...

I mean, I agree---it's definitely possible that he commited this crime. I'm just saying that I don't believe it. I think, honestly, if he were desperate enough to even consider committing this act he would have killed himself instead. Or, at the very least would have been trembling and still holding the hatchet when the police arrived the next day. There's no telling what any individual person is capable of. However, since Chris grew up on the edge of one of the most dangerous cities in the country, I just don't believe it makes sense that Chris is the most likely suspect...in fact---i'd put him at the very bottom of the list.
It's true that you can call Delmar a nice, sleepy town---yet, it's only about 3 miles from Albany's crime, poverty, violence, drugs, mobsters, loan sharks, and gangs. I think it's much more likely that this degree of crime was committed by one of the animals of Albany. I guess, maybe i could believe it was Chris if it were a simple shooting or something. But, to hack your father up with a hatchet? Destroy your mother's face? That takes a very sick person.

Txswthrt5 said:
MissDelmar said:
Chris is a really nice person---he'd have to be some type of wacko-genius sociopath to have fooled absolutely everyone at BCHS, everyone on both his h.s. and college swim teams, all of his teachers, his employers....i mean--no one can keep the gig going that long...[/QUOTE]

I believe Snotty accomplished this feat...If that case taught us anything, it should be that noone can be trusted completly...

I was thinking the same exact thing! He could be a sociopath, it's very very possible. Hockeymom, thanks for putting this up there, I heard about this case on Greta and was wondering what was going on.

Yep. It's possible he's a sociopath. Although, he doesn't really have the polish of one. Also, the trademark of his personality is a self-deprecating sense of humor and goofiness---don't sociopaths tend to take themselves very seriously?

here's the latest on the case btw....for the full article check www.timesunion.com (appeared on wed. jan 5) also--who is Snotty? Is that a nickname for Scott Petersen?

Letter threatens judges
Note said to mention Porco slaying is being investigated by police
First published: Wednesday, January 5, 2005

ALBANY -- Authorities have stepped up security for several area judges, including New York's chief judge, Judith S. Kaye, as a result of a threatening letter in which an anonymous author boasted about the unsolved murder of law clerk Peter Porco of Bethlehem.

The letter was received by the Times Union on Dec. 21, but was turned over to Colonie police without being opened or read by the newspaper because it contained a mysterious powder. The powder was later determined to be a starch-like substance. Detectives read the one-page typewritten letter for the first time late last week.

"It had what could be perceived as threatening tones against three judges, two active, one retired," said Colonie Police Chief Steven Heider.

MissDelmar said:
here's the latest on the case btw....for the full article check www.timesunion.com (appeared on wed. jan 5) also--who is Snotty? Is that a nickname for Scott Petersen?

Yes, that is what Scott Peterson has been called, among other names.

MissDelmar said:
I don't think Chris did it. I just don't believe he could have. However, I suspect that he may have had something to do with it. What I mean is, I'm from the same town, and I can say, first hand that Albany is a really bad place. In fact, I've never been to a city with more crime and poverty. Really, if you doubt it--just read the paper on any given day....rapes, murders, family violence, gang murders, domestic stabbings and beatings...there is no shortage of terrifying criminals in the Albany area. Anyway, I think that maybe Chris owed money to the wrong people---and they did this. It would explain the car in the driveway (they set him up), it would explain why Joan (according to rumor) was saying Chris' name when she was found...I mean, I assume the killers were telling Porco's why they were being attacked as they carried out the crime. Also, the fact that the Porco's were so well-connected politically may explain why they went after Peter instead of Chris. If anything had happened to Chris, there's no question Peter would have had enough info (and the connections) to see justice carried through. With Peter, all they had to do was put a yellow jeep in the driveway...and let the bethlehem rent-a-cops jump to conclusions...Another reason I don't think Chris did this...he'd need an accomplice. And there's no one---none of his friends are even close to murderers. He's a good kid and has always surrounded himself with good kids. The menendez situation was very different---you were dealing with mentally disturbed men who had been abused by the man they killed. Chris is a really nice person---he'd have to be some type of wacko-genius sociopath to have fooled absolutely everyone at BCHS, everyone on both his h.s. and college swim teams, all of his teachers, his employers....i mean--no one can keep the gig going that long...

very interesting perspective. I agree - a hatchett? if Chris really has the rep you say then it seems pretty out there to think he would kill his parents with a hatchet. I mean even say he is a sociopath I would think he go for an easier, quieter, less messy approach. I would think there woudl be more signs of serious mental disturbance in one who would commit this style of crime against his parents

Bless her heart...her videotaped testimony has been played for the grand jury.

Friday's evidence apparently included more videotaped testimony from 54-year-old Joan Porco, who suffered devastating injuries to her face and head. Her husband, Peter, 52, was killed in the attack.

The panel has been reviewing evidence for nearly two months as police and prosecutors have focused intensively on the couple's 21-year-old son, Christopher.

http://timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp?storyID=321361&category=ALBANY&BCCode=&newsdate=1/10/2005

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back