Not open for further replies.

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
THREAD NUMBER 1

Hi Everyone,

Emotions are running high and understandably so.

Please, I am pleading with you, keep in mind our terms of service.

Out TOS in its shortest form is this:

Don't be a jerk and don't attack each other.

If you don't agree with someone please say so but no need to be rude about it.

If someone is rude to you then hit the alert button rather than respond. It is the red triangle in the upper right hand corner of the post.

If you are getting too worked up take a break from the computer. You can always come back.

I appreciate your participation in the forum but keep in mind our moderators are all volunteers with personal lives. When things get too hot then their lives are disrupted as well.

Thank you in advance for understanding.

Tricia

Thanks Trisha. Justice has finally been served.

Does anyone have the link to watch HLN online that we used for the Caylee case? My computer died since then and I cannot find it. Thanks so much if you can help me out.

just... I don't know that link... but just a reminder to everyone that wral.com will air a special on the retrial at 7p.m. est/6 p.m cst

http://www.wral.com/

I have what is probably a dumb question. Was the jury still in the courtroom while he sentenced JY?

Figures I have a migraine and slept thru the verdict lol

Spouse Killers (I include both male and female, btw) will not just be forgotten and their crimes ignored. This case shows that people are tenacious and while the wheels of justice grind exceedingly slow at times, and a wait can be agonizing, they do move forward and justice can be eventually achieved.

It takes a jury with common sense and a decent foreperson to take it the rest of the way. Thank goodness that occurred in this case.

Jason Young will never rip a ring off a woman's hand again, he'll never be able to beat a helpless pregnant woman to a pulp again, he'll never again be able to leave a toddler to walk in her mother's blood, and his family will never again be able to keep the Fishers out of CY's life.

I hope tonight Linda & Meredith Fisher can rest, knowing CY's security is safe with them. No more fear of losing her to the man who murdered her mommy. If anyone here has contact with them, please offer our most sincere condolences. Let them know how many people out here grew to love Michelle, through the photos and videos of her. And know that we all hope little CY will have a happy life, filled with good memories to replace those last memories of her beloved mommy. :(

I think justice has been served in this case. It wont bring her back but at least there is some closure for the family and hopefully they can get on with their lives as best as they can.

For the folks that believe he was not guily and I say this with the most sincerity. I know what its like to believe with your whole being that justice was not done and the hopeless and poweless feeling that comes with it. I am sorry.

Channel 11 is reporting that JLY could be transferred to a state prison as early as tonight.

I remember in trial #1 when the judge reviewed the crime scene and autopsy photos to determine if any would be excluded. The look on his face was something to see. He tried to be stoic but you could see him wince at some of them. This is a man who has seen many many horrible murders.

Also did you notice how the judge talked about thinking about this case in the evening? This case went home with him too, not a run of the mill case for him either.

Beth Karas said 'the jurors stayed in the jury box to witness the sentencing.'
'

Beth Karras on HLN just noting that it was apparently unusual to keep the jury seated during the reading of the verdict.

I have what is probably a dumb question. Was the jury still in the courtroom while he sentenced JY?

Yep, they were present for the whole ball of wax.

Beth Karas said jury stayed. They had the choice not to but they all stayed.

Ok Beth K just said the jury was in the jury box when Judge S. gave his thoughts about JY's verdict to JY. Good! Now they shouldn't have any regrets or doubts about their decision because the judge absolutely validated the verdict.

Thank you to the PT and the jury. Justice was served today in NC. Finally.

Here's a link that shows part of Judge Stephens' statement in open court at the time of sentencing.

http://www.wral.com/specialreports/michelleyoung/story/10814366/

"In reviewing the evidence, it appeared to me that if, on Nov. 2, 2006, Michelle Young had called the police and had reported that her husband had beaten her – and if police had responded and found her with missing teeth and a broken noses and black eyes – no one that this couple knew, including their closest friends, would have been surprised," Stephens said.

"They would not, in my opinion, have been a bit surprised, so why would anyone be surprised when Michelle Young was found beaten to death. The pattern is the same," he continued.

"This woman wasn't just murdered, she suffered a beating the likes of which we seldom see. This woman was punished," Stephens said Monday. "The assailant struck her over 30 times with a weapon of some sort, and she was undoubtedly unconscious after the second or third blow.

"But it would appear that the evidence suggests the assailant continued to beat her until he was exhausted. Only then did he stop beating her, because he didn't have the strength to strike her anymore."

more at link ................http://www.wral.com/specialreports/michelleyoung/story/10814366/

Beth said that the jurors did stay in the courtroom for the penalty phase so they did hear the Judges comments. They should be very proud of themselves.

Thanks knicks; I didn't hear that they had a choice whether to stay or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk