Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Guilty of first degree murder/verdict watch #2

Will we every know what the outcome is on the psychology evaluation on JY?

That civil judgement, with accrued interest, is now over $18.5M and counting.

But a guilty verdict in a murder trial? Priceless.

3. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Madeleine74 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky89 View Post
    Will we every know what the outcome is on the psychology evaluation on JY?
    The only clue will be what level of security he gets placed, whether it's in medium security or maximum security. They separate out the violent, dangerous and crazy. If he is deemed acceptable for medium security he could (eventually) get moved to another prison in the system. If it's maximum security I think he stays at Central.

However, the way things are going in this state they almost need to build a "spouse murderers" section and put 'em all there.

5. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Madeleine74 For This Useful Post:

I am glad to hear that some of the jurors used that 20 minute break to pray about their decision. IMO, they definitely took their duty seriously and made sure they were doing what they felt was right. I think that the self-introspection and prayer can help them be content with their decision.

There is a section of town in Memphis called Cooper-Young district, I think there will be a section of the prison also titled like this.

8. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to sureLocke For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Madeleine74 View Post
    The only clue will be what level of security he gets placed, whether it's in medium security or maximum security. They separate out the violent, dangerous and crazy. If he is deemed acceptable for medium security he could (eventually) get moved to another prison in the system. If it's maximum security I think he stays at Central.

However, the way things are going in this state they almost need to build a "spouse murderers" section and put 'em all there.
    I liked the way Judge Stephens put it in the record that JLY had a mental problem, anger issues, and issues with women. Usually those motions by the defense to 'set the verdict aside' are simply answered by 'motion denied'. But Judge Stephens obviously *wanted* his thoughts, opinions, views, in the record. Way to go Judge S.

knicksgal1 is offline Barefoot Girl Sitting on the hood of a Dodge
    Quote Originally Posted by cody100 View Post
    Did you hear that they gave them a 6 page handout on circumstantial evidence? So, maybe giving them some educational instruction works. If these two jurors are any indication of the others, then this was a very intelligent group.

I heard this a little differently. I think it may have been 6 pages of the judge's instructions which included information on circumstantial evidence.

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to knicksgal1 For This Useful Post:

Poor Gracie was frightened he'd come after her when he got out on bail. She saw what he looked like when he was in a rage, and it scared her. Also like how she got in, 'remembering his voice' when she heard him speak at the first trail. Wonder if anyone ever showed her the 'you came here for that' video. That's pretty much JLY all the way.

13. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to gracielee For This Useful Post:

That's true, but most will spend the first 2 years at Central, regardless. It's where they are moved after Central that's truly telling.

15. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Wolfpack For This Useful Post:

Yeah, I've said that in the past about 'wal-mart' crimes. For awhile there, it seemed like a specific section might be needed for them too.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gracielee For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by knicksgal1 View Post
    I heard this a little differently. I think it may have been 6 pages of the judge's instructions which included information on circumstantial evidence.
    Ohhhhhh. OK! That makes total sense!! The way she said it was confusing. Like it was a handout on CE LOL.
    Everything stated in my posts are my opinion, and my opinion only
    In a sense, the Internet is the largest mob ever assembled. It sometimes transforms otherwise inhibited people into unrestrained, faceless "conduits for emotion."

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CeeKer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sureLocke View Post
    There is a section of town in Memphis called Cooper-Young district, I think there will be a section of the prison also titled like this.
    They are quite close in age--I think they are only six months or so apart. Maybe they can swap stories and whine about how they've been victimized...

Two peas in a pod...a very small pod.

21. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to NCB For This Useful Post:

I also noted none of the jurors placed any importance on JLY's philandering ways. It showed that the prosecution merely introduced them to show that JLY did not 'love his wife'. Was not 'working on his marriage'. In other words, he wasn't convicted because he *cheated*. It was merely part of the pattern of the crime. He was convicted on MOTIVE, means and opportunity. They placed great importance on the clothing worn on the last video at the hotel & the timeline of the event. IIRC, I think the first juror might have mentioned the violence of the attack. And that nothing was *missing* but her wedding rings.

Welp, Jason's birthday is coming up on April 8. Hope he makes some nice friends before then to help him celebrate and watch his tricks.

24. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Shelby1 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by gracielee View Post
    Poor Gracie was frightened he'd come after her when he got out on bail. She saw what he looked like when he was in a rage, and it scared her. Also like how she got in, 'remembering his voice' when she heard him speak at the first trail. Wonder if anyone ever showed her the 'you came here for that' video. That's pretty much JLY all the way.
    Can you or someone direct me to the video? TIA
    Proud WS N-LIB

26. The Following User Says Thank You to PMLsmom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by knicksgal1 View Post
    You may well be right. Sorry if I misunderstood that. I may not multi-task too well.

Quote Originally Posted by PMLsmom View Post
    Can you or someone direct me to the video? TIA
    Gracie called in to TTV a little before 1:00 (where I am) and talked to Ryan Smith. I don't know if there's a video of it but maybe someone on the night HLN shows will replay it tonight?
    In a sense, the Internet is the largest mob ever assembled. It sometimes transforms otherwise inhibited people into unrestrained, faceless "conduits for emotion."

surelock-- you from memphis?

30. The Following User Says Thank You to DrDigger For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CeeKer View Post
    Gracie called in to TTV a little before 1:00 (where I am) and talked to Ryan Smith. I don't know if there's a video of it but maybe someone on the night HLN shows will replay it tonight?
    Thanks or replying I should have clarified, lol. A video of JY
    and the "you came here for that " one...
    Proud WS N-LIB

I read today that the investigators and prosecutors are ready to put this whole thing behind them, now that justice has been served and the family has closure. I was kind of feeling the same way this morning. I am not sure why I was so wrapped up in this case? Maybe it was because of similarities between myself and Michelle, maybe it was because hearing about little Cassidy trying to care for the boo boo's of her mommy, not exactly sure, but I know that this case has captured my time, attention, prayers and heart for 6 long years. I cried tears of joy and relief for the Fisher family yesterday. Today it all feels surreal that this case is finally over, justice has finally been served and hopefully a message has been sent, that no matter how clever you are, if you murder your wife, you WILL pay for your crime! Today, while I still feel relieved, I feel sad for Cassidy and the Fishers. I get to walk away and so do most who were caught up in some way in this case, but this nightmare is only partly over for them. Michelle is never coming back, BUT her killer has been brought to justice and maybe now both mommy and son can rest in peace. I hope and pray that that little girl can grow up KNOWING how much her mommy loved her and thank God that it is the Fishers that will be able to raise her!!
    Rest in peace Michelle. I will never forget your story and will always be glad that justice was served!!

33. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to rockin10 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DrDigger View Post
    surelock-- you from memphis?
    Indeed (Midtown), and you?
    Last edited by sureLocke; 03-06-2012 at 04:46 PM. Reason: include Midtown

Quote Originally Posted by PMLsmom View Post
    Thanks or replying I should have clarified, lol. A video of JY
    and the "you came here for that " one...
    Here's the short clip of him saying it:

http://www.wral.com/news/local/video...5/#/vid5743505

I saw the whole episode on the web somewhere but I can't find it now.

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CeeKer For This Useful Post:

I absolutely LOVE that the jury knew the jeans were different!!

Page after page and post after post were made trying to convince others that those jeans were the same!!

NO they are not!! Jury said so!!
    IMO

38. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Amster For This Useful Post:

There was just breaking news on WRAL about Judge Stephens asking SBI to look into possible Juror misconduct. What does this mean if they find misconduct? Does he get another trial?
    Spay and Neuter

40. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to LolaBunnies For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LolaBunnies View Post
    There was just breaking news on WRAL about Judge Stephens asking SBI to look into possible Juror misconduct. What does this mean if they find misconduct? Does he get another trial?
    No way! Sh1t. Darnit.

42. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to seattlechiquita For This Useful Post:

Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast