1066 users online (232 members and 834 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    I know that nothing will ever assuage the pain of the loss of Michelle for Linda, Meredith and poor little Cassie, a tiny girl who will never know the warmth of her mother's embrace; what it would have been like to play with Rylan, and look out for him as his big sister. Now she will never have a blood relative until she one day has her own children. But I hope and pray that this justice can in some small way bring them all even the tiniest sliver of peace. I will continue to pray for them because they will never get over this loss. Especially little Cassie who was robbed of a life by a selfish, despicable individual. I think it is beyond disgusting for anyone to opine that Linda somehow benefitted from this since she received some money from the estate. I think Linda Fisher would give every cent and move heaven and earth to be able to hold her daughter again. No parent should have to see their baby daughter brutalized and degraded and broken the way her daughter was. I can't even imagine how one would be able to face the world, having seen the little girl you carried beaten to a bloody pulp, jaw bone protruding from her face, teeth knocked clean out of her mouth. My prayers tonight are for the Fishers. May you find peace. Michelle is holding her son, looking down on you always.
    "The word which God has written on the brow of every man is Hope." - Victor Hugo

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Everything I post is my opinion only, but it is both my God given and Constitutionally protected right to do so!

I was hoping for a guilty verdict, and I'm so glad he will never hurt anyone again!

If there was any case that deserved "life in prison", this is it!
    Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous -
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by karengo View Post
    I have what is probably a dumb question. Was the jury still in the courtroom while he sentenced JY?

Figures I have a migraine and slept thru the verdict lol
    Yes, Beth Karas said they all stayed when the Judge sentenced Jason.
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

Madeleine74 is offline Of course it's my opinion; who else's would it be?
    LF was in the elevator on Fri when I was leaving. She wears a ladybug necklace, which is her special symbol for her daughter, who loved ladybugs. I pointed to her necklace and just smiled and nodded (I already knew why she wore it and what it symbolized).

A woman standing next to LF saw our exchange and then asked her about her necklace and she said, "that's my daughter and she's with me every day. Every minute of every day." She looked like she was going to burst into tears but she didn't. Very, very strong woman, having gone through what she went through.

I am flooded with relief, yet heartbroken for LF and family. Justice has been served, but they will have to live without Michelle and Rylan for the rest of their lives.

HC got emotional on HLN with Vinnie. Vinnie asked him what he's going to do tonight and he said he was going to go spend time with his daughters. His voice cracking.
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

Quote Originally Posted by gracielee View Post
    Channel 11 is reporting that JLY could be transferred to a state prison as early as tonight.
    Good, the sooner the better.
    Racing Doesn't Lie

A little part of me will always wonder if he had help but I can accept that the jury reaching 1st degree did not believe he had an accomplice. I'll get over it.
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

Quote Originally Posted by ~n/t~ View Post
    A little part of me will always wonder if he had help but I can accept that the jury reaching 1st degree did not believe he had an accomplice. I'll get over it.
    ~jmo IF he had an accomplice he will start talking now.
    no way he will let them remain free because he was 100%
    certain this would all just "go away"
    ~ my opinion only

I was unable to hold back tears of gratitude when I heard the verdict...GUILTY! God Bless the Fisher Family and RIP Michelle.

Quote Originally Posted by tarheel8600 View Post
    Thank you to the PT and the jury. Justice was served today in NC. Finally.
    Tar8600, I am thinking about you and your coworkers, friends, others who knew JY back in the day. I will be interested in hearing their thoughts--especially if any were NG folks, what their thoughts are on the verdict. So fill us in as you can since you are a local there.
    And let me say, I am so happy you joined us here and spent time with us sharing your first hand knowledge about various issues in this case. Thank you!
    Shoot all the bluejays you want, if you can hit 'em, but remember it's a sin to kill a mockingbird.
    ............Harper Lee

Madeleine74 is offline Of course it's my opinion; who else's would it be?
    Quote Originally Posted by raisincharlie View Post
    Good, the sooner the better.
    RC!

It is so good to see you here. I knew you were keeping up to date since you had followed the case from the very beginning, but I sure missed seeing your little race car!

Quote Originally Posted by Mama-cita View Post
    I know that nothing will ever assuage the pain of the loss of Michelle for Linda, Meredith and poor little Cassie, a tiny girl who will never know the warmth of her mother's embrace; what it would have been like to play with Rylan, and look out for him as his big sister. Now she will never have a blood relative until she one day has her own children. But I hope and pray that this justice can in some small way bring them all even the tiniest sliver of peace. I will continue to pray for them because they will never get over this loss. Especially little Cassie who was robbed of a life by a selfish, despicable individual. I think it is beyond disgusting for anyone to opine that Linda somehow benefitted from this since she received some money from the estate. I think Linda Fisher would give every cent and move heaven and earth to be able to hold her daughter again. No parent should have to see their baby daughter brutalized and degraded and broken the way her daughter was. I can't even imagine how one would be able to face the world, having seen the little girl you carried beaten to a bloody pulp, jaw bone protruding from her face, teeth knocked clean out of her mouth. My prayers tonight are for the Fishers. May you find peace. Michelle is holding her son, looking down on you always.
    May god bless you for this lovely post also!! It sure did bring tears to my eyes!!

The one thing that I am bothered with is that the jury will not speak about their decision. I think, that if you come to a verdict, be it guilty or innocent, then you should be able to stand behind your verdict and state why you voted a certain way. I'm not arguing that the jurors should be questioned, or mocked, or revered for their decision, but I think, in exchange for locking someone away for life (or letting someone free), they should be willing to divulge why they reached the decision they did.

I understand our system is not built this way, but I do think it is a flaw. I know there are many on here, who would have voted Guilty, and would have been able to state proudly why they did so. I would like to hear from the jury the reasons why they have sent a man away for life. Don't get me wrong, I think he is guilty, but it is a hard burden the jurors have, the power to decide this man's life. In exchange for that burden and that power, I think they should be willing to tell the world why.

On a separate note, someone asked in the old thread if there is any reversible error. I don't think Stephens is the type of Judge to leave much room for an overturn on appeal. I think that his most susceptible decisions would have been allowing in the evidence of CY's doll play, and the information on the wrongful death suit. I don't know that it will reach the level of reversible error, since I don't personally think either of those tipped the scales in favor of guilty (other things did that, would be my belief). So, these may be ruled "error", but I'm not sure they will be reversible if they are even error.

Quote Originally Posted by Madeleine74 View Post
    RC!

It is so good to see you here. I knew you were keeping up to date since you had followed the case from the very beginning, but I sure missed seeing your little race car!
    Me too! I have missed RC and his tributes to Danica! And even Samiya popped in! It is now full circle for those who have been following since the beginning!
    "The word which God has written on the brow of every man is Hope." - Victor Hugo

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Everything I post is my opinion only, but it is both my God given and Constitutionally protected right to do so!

Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast