nursebeeme

Reaction score
New thread for a new day. Please remember the rules
:tos:

discuss here.

--------
the crown will present its' case in chapters:

The Crown's case will proceed in chapters, Gowdey said:

Chapter 1: The day of the kidnapping. The surveillance video showing Rafferty driving up the street outside Tori's school and McClintic walking Tori up the street. Witnesses from and around Oliver Stephens public school will talk about seeing Tori.

An identification officer will use photographs and maps to show the route from Woodstock to Guelph.

Tori's mother, Tara McDonald, will testify about the frantic hours the family spent looking for Tori.

Chapter 2: Terri-Lynne McClintic. "She was an essential part of all that happened," Gowdey said. "I expect her credibility will be a major issue in this case."

Chapter 3: Guelph -- video surveillance and bank records detailing the events there.

Chapter 4: the Mount Forest death scene, which the jury will visit. "It will be difficult to go to the very place where this happened, I know that, but understanding the crime scene is crucial to understanding the crime," Gowdey said. Photographs, some of them graphic, will be used to explain "exactly how the killing happened."

"Unfortunately it is only through them that you can fully understand (the) evidence," Gowdey said.

Chapter 5: Police interaction with Rafferty.

Chapter 6: The searches of Rafferty and McClintic's residences and the evidence found.

Chapter 7: The Honda Civic. What was found inside.

Chapter 8: Rafferty's connection to the Mount Forest area.

Chapter 9: Comments Rafferty made to friends after April 8. "He had some interesting things to say to other people about Terri-Lynne McClintic and about the kidnapping itself," Gowdey said.

Chapter 10: The May 15 weekend and Rafferty's actions.

Chapter 11: The BlackBerry. The BlackBerry allowed police to track his movements April 8 and after.

Chapter 12: A recap of the surveillance video.
http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/raffertytrial/2012/03/05/19463111.html

Good Morning!

Anxiously awaiting to see who the first witness is. :seeya:

Matou, good questions on the other thread.

My opinion is he didn't have enough cash to buy the drugs and that's why he took out $40 more (??)

I think his vehicle was painted after Tori was murdered, imo. The prosecution said yesterday that he was looking to purchase another car.

copied from the other thread, posted a few minutes ago

The communication continued even after McClintic was taken into custody, with regular phone contact between Rafferty and McClintic, from April 12 to May 15, while she was at the Genest Detention Centre in London. Rafferty was listed as McClintic’s “boyfriend” at the facility and had been approved by staff for visits. There is video tape, said Gowdey, of Rafferty with McClintic at Genest.

http://www.thestar.com/news/article...etails-of-slaying-revealed-as-case-opens?bn=1

Based on how this article is written, Tori was in the car at Caressant Care and THEN the car was spotted at the ESSO station. That means everyone was in the car at the time and I'm 100% postive the Rafferty was the driver with a light coloured coat on, NOT TLM.

Also, Rafferty takes $40 from an ATM and is videotaped. In the same paragraph, TLM purchases the items from HD. Did he give her the $$$ to buy these items? Did he tell her what to buy?

Before this purchase, they arrive at the friend's in Guelph allegedly to buy percosets. If he did, then he had money on him so why did he take another $40 later? Short of cash? Money for tea?

At 3.20 p.m., the Civic was caught on a camera at a nearby Esso station. By 4.30 it was in Guelph where Rafferty went into a woman’s house, allegedly to buy Percocet pills — while McClintic remained in the vehicle. Tori was “hidden from sight.”

http://www.thestar.com/news/article...etails-of-slaying-revealed-as-case-opens?bn=1

I can't imagine how Tara/Rodney & family are feeling having to listen to this info over again. My heart near exploded in grief a couple of times yesterday and I'm sure it's only going to get worst. My thoughts and prayers are with them as we move forward, hopefully to justice for sweet Tori!

I will try to post tweets from AM980 today, but again, I'm at work so it all depends on the demands on my time here.

AM980.ca ‏ @AM980_Court
The first witness to take the stand today will be the principal at Tori Stafford's elementary school. Live tweets to begin at 10 a.m.

I can't imagine how Tara/Rodney & family are feeling having to listen to this info over again. My heart near exploded in grief a couple of times yesterday and I'm sure it's only going to get worst. My thoughts and prayers are with them as we move forward, hopefully to justice for sweet Tori!

I will try to post tweets from AM980 today, but again, I'm at work so it all depends on the demands on my time here.

AM980.ca ‏ @AM980_Court
The first witness to take the stand today will be the principal at Tori Stafford's elementary school. Live tweets to begin at 10 a.m.

Thanks Sparklin. Just so we don't double post the same information, let me know if you want me to take over. I'm at work also but boss is away this week so will do my best to help out. :)

"This trial will travel down a long road," Gowdey told the jury of nine women and three men at the first-degree murder trial of Michael Thomas Rafferty, 31, in London.

"This is a difficult story to tell and it will be a difficult story for you to hear."

Victoria (Tori) Stafford, 8, walked out of school hoping to see a movie with friends on April 8, 2009, but "130 kilometres away from her home, was killed and left in a pile of rocks wearing only her Hannah Montana T-shirt and nothing else," Gowdey said. "She was naked from the waist down.

The girl was sexually assaulted. Before being struck in the head with a claw hammer, she was beaten so severely her liver was lacerated and ribs broken, he said.

http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/raffertytrial/2012/03/05/19463111.html

At 3.20 p.m., the Civic was caught on a camera at a nearby Esso station.

http://www.thestar.com/news/article/1141555--tori-stafford-murder-trial-horrific-details-of-slaying-revealed-as-case-opens?bn=1

If MR had planned this, wouldn't it make sense that he would have made sure before hand that he had gas in his car? Same with stopping at the ATM and Home Depot... why would he not be prepared for what he was about to do? Why take the chance of stopping anywhere with Tori in the car - when every stop would increase the chance of being caught? Just inept? Or was he not prepared because it was not his plan? Or maybe running the risk added to the 'excitement'?

Hoping the day runs smooth at the courthouse, and we find out about those camera sessions today.

Thanks to everyone for the updates.

The two adults drove Tori to Guelph, where Rafferty visited a friend and bought "a large number" of painkillers.

The pair then went to a Petro Canada gas station in the north end of Guelph, where a video camera caught Rafferty heading to the ATM machine. He took out cash, got back in the car and drove closer to a nearby Home Depot.

McClintic went in and paid cash at the self-serve for garbage bags and a hammer.

He got the money AFTER getting the drugs and then TLM used cash to buy the hammer and garbage bags. Makes it seem like he gave her the money to buy those items. JMO

http://www.parisstaronline.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=3492354

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7665655&postcount=326"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Opening Statements 03/05/2012 in MRT's Trial[/ame]

From the above post in the previous thread:

Not sure but it seems the Crown is saying the hammer did the damage the damage to the skull. I'm not sure what broke her ribs but I can tell you that rib fracture is probably how the liver ended up lacerated. Guessing a right rib was fractured at the back somewhere. This is just a guess on my part.

It's a reasonable guess, MD. If poor Tori's remains were prostrate on the ground, it's possible that her ribs were broken by the large rocks used to cover them up. Hard to imagine that a lot of care was taken to place them gently. The impact could have broken the ribs and lacerated the liver. Yet another horrific possibility to consider. :(

JMO

Adrian Morrow ‏ @AdrianMorrow
Doreen, #ToriStafford's grandmother, has arrived. Told reporters she wants to get trial done with "so we can get on with our lives."

Despite one of the most massive police searches in the province’s history — 900 cops involved — Tori’s body would not be found until July 19th.

It was not by accident or even a veteran investigator’s hunch, as originally reported by the media.

Police had obtained a court order to retrieve phone records from Rafferty’s BlackBerry, court heard.

OPP discovered that Rafferty had used his BlackBerry to check voice mail at 7.47 p.m., April 8, with that call pinging off a cellphone tower near Mount Forest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni