GUILTY OR - Trevor Emptage for scalding 1yo girl, White City, 2012

Missizzy

Reaction score
So tragic...so tremendously sad. This occurred close to my home and with a little one with the same agency I work with. I'd link to the monster's FB page but I'm afraid the child pictured might be the little victim. In whose home was the baby scalded? Foster homes must have their water temps set far far less than a temp that can scald and that is checked at every licensing visit.

And the couple is connected to a doula service?? Oh my.

http://www.mailtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20120305/NEWS07/203050330

Man charged with assault, mistreatment after foster child is scalded
March 05, 2012

"A foster parent is in jail on more than $1 million bail after allegedly holding a 1-year-old child in a scalding hot bath, the Jackson County Sheriff's Department reports..."

and

"...Trevor M. Emptage, 28, of White City [OR], became upset after the little girl defecated in the tub during a bath, a sheriff's release said. Evidence showed she had been held in scalding hot water by force, causing first- and second-degree burns on the body from the waist down..."

and

"...Emptage was arrested and remains lodged in the Jackson County Jail on charges of first-degree assault and first-degree criminal mistreatment. Bail is set at $1,005,000...."

More at link (plus mugshot)

Seems that the neighbors didn't think the man was so great with children. Concerning the foster care stipend...this is the regular rate for foster children in Oregon. That tells me that the baby didn't have recognized special needs nor was the foster parent required to take any special training.

http://www.kobi5.com/news/local-news/item/foster-child-burned.html

Foster Child Burned
March 5, 2012

"....But a neighbor who wishes not to be identified says Emptage's behavior was scary. "I told him before to control his animal (cat), he said go ahead and shoot it if I wanted to. As far as I know he has a short fuse with the kids, period...."

More at link

Emptage's websites and Twitter account:

http://completetechsolution.com/

http://whitecityweb.blogspot.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/whitecityweb

Is this guy single? Why would a single guy want to foster children? Money or worse? I haven't seen anything about a wife or partner.

In looking over his FB page, I believe he's married. He's connected to a doula service.

However, lots of single men are foster parents...fine ones too.

Yes, a woman of similar age is listed at the same address. I assume she's the child's foster mother.

Looks like Emptage's FB page was shut down this evening. There were several photos of an adorable baby girl on it.

Thanks Missizzy. I don't do facebook so wasn't sure about a wife. Would like to know what she has to say about this situation.

In looking over his FB page, I believe he's married. He's connected to a doula service.

However, lots of single men are foster parents...fine ones too.

I'm sorry but I have a problem with that. I can see a gay male and a partner, but not a single male. I think the chances that the foster child has been taken for sexual abuse is too high. I know not all men are like that, but I find it very unsettling to think of a single man with a small child that is not his biological child. It's just not normal.

Hmmm, I don't want to link to articles concerning Emptage's family but it looks as if he had a birth child last spring. It strikes me as odd that he'd also have an infant of similar age placed in his home in foster care. It's surely not impossible but it's not common. I have to wonder if the foster child might be a relative.

Belinda, I'm sorry to disagree. I've worked with a number of single men (gay and straight) who fostered and adopted infants, toddlers and older children--domestically and internationally. All were loving and committed dads.

Obviously, there are bad guys everywhere but we need men involved in parenting, nursing and child care, IMO. I don't believe that women have a corner on nurturing.

I don't know what to think. Here, Emptage is described as the child's stepfather and the child is referred to as male. Hmmmm. Emptage could be in the process of adopting his wife's child. Not any more.

http://www.kajo.com/

Stepfather accused of severely burning child
March 5, 2012

"...Sheriff’s deputies investigated the case and determined the child’s stepfather, 28-year-old Trevor Emptage, became upset with the child after he defecated in the bathtub. Emptage then reportedly held the child in scalding water as punishment causing first and second degree burns to the child from the waist down...."

More at link

I know I am just paranoid about the single men thing. Too many cases of child sex abuse by men. The fact of the matter is you can't be sure of their motives. I understand women also sexually abuse, but not nearly as often. Men are disproportionately disposed to child sex abuse. I don't know why. Most men aren't terribly nurturing, whether they should be or not.

Even with our family's awful experience at the hands of a young male, I still have faith in the nurturing ability of boys and men. I guess I've been fortunate to have some very positive experiences. I do, however, respect others' hesitation.

Looks like Emptage's FB page was shut down this evening. There were several photos of an adorable baby girl on it.

MissIzzy, are you allowed to post pictures of foster children online?
I know LOTS of people who have adopted or fostered... (many with special needs, many international adoption, some domestic foster/adoptions.)
I can't remember one who posted pictures of a foster child before an adoption was final. Maybe they were just being cautious?

MsFacetious--You are correct. It is expressly prohibited. Foster children are not even supposed to be photographed in school settings without permission of their worker.

I'm watching this case carefully as I believe that there is/was another baby girl in that home and she might be the one in the photos I saw. News reports have said that a second child was removed from the home and that child was not identified as a client of DHS.

My heart breaks for the mother in this case as she appears to be a woman dedicated to the care of infants.

the little girl on his facebook picture is not the foster girl, who by the way is his wife's niece, but their real daughter

Welcome, Anna!! I'm so sorry that you had to join us under such sad circumstances. I had a strong feeling that the child was probably a relative. Prayers for this precious baby and the other family members who are hurting today.

the little girl on his facebook picture is not the foster girl, who by the way is his wife's niece, but their real daughter

:wagon: Welcome Anna. Thanks so much for your input.

I know this family, and I feel really bad for everyone involved. I have a hard time believing this. They have two foster children, two sisters, both which are the wife's nieces, and one little girl who is their own. I have never feared for the kids' safety, and I hope they can figure it out with no one else getting hurt or slandered.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back