1239 users online (283 members and 956 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

UK - "Ghost town for cats" as 10 die, 25 poisoned in one week at Bedford

Hunt for cat killer as 10 pets die of anti-freeze poisoning in a single WEEK (Daily Mail)
    A serial cat killer is believed to be targeting pets in one town after 10 were poisoned in a week.

Residents say more than 25 cats in Bedford may have been poisoned by anti-freeze.

The area has since become a 'ghost town for cats' with owners afraid to let their pets roam.
    ---
    What say the local cat owners?
    'The local vet has told us there have been over 25 reported cases of possible poisoning in the town in the last week or so.

'There is a field and stream out the front of the estate where the cats used to go but now itís like a ghost town for cats.

'Our next-door neighbour is the only one I know of with a cat now and she is too scared to let her out.'
    ---
    the rest at link above

Quite reminiscent of this story threaded here last month; (Bedford is about 180 miles from Bridgwater) :

UK - Somerset's crazed 'Cold Cat Killer' claims 34th victim

I have 3 rescue cats. They all stay in the house, even though they were originally street cats. I make sure they are comfy and happy. I couldn't handle not knowing where they were or if someone was going to do something to them. There are a lot of sick people out there. Right now one of them is being so adorable. She is sleeping on the couch under a blankie. All cozy.
    Forum: Jury Room
    Thread: Most interesting classic unsolved murder cases

This thread currently has over 350 cases with a brief synopsis of each and we are still adding additional cases.

You can access a spreadsheet that lists the cases in alphabetical order with the page & post number so that you can locate a particular case you may be interested in. It also contains links to any cases that already have a thread on WS.

Many cases do not have a thread. Please feel free to start one in the appropriate forum if you would like to look into one. Should you start a thread on one of these cases, please let me know so that I can add the link to the spreadsheet.

Here is the link for the spreadsheet in alphabetical order:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hl=en_US#gid=0

Here is the link for the spreadsheet in country order:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...FBBcGVid0lmUHc
    =======================================

Forum: Jury Room
    Thread: Cold But Not Too Old Murder Case List

This is a listing of newer but still cold cases. As with the above thread we will be adding as we go along. Most of these cases will probably have threads. If you do start a new one, please let me know so I can add the link to the spreadsheets. The spreadsheets may be accessed from the links below.

Here is the link for the spreadsheet in alphabetical order:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...mlNV2lSQ1dDWHc

Here is the link for the spreadsheet in country order:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...FBIaHRnR1g0SEE

Quote Originally Posted by Belinda View Post
    I have 3 rescue cats. They all stay in the house, even though they were originally street cats. I make sure they are comfy and happy. I couldn't handle not knowing where they were or if someone was going to do something to them. There are a lot of sick people out there. Right now one of them is being so adorable. She is sleeping on the couch under a blankie. All cozy.
    UK has a different approach and there its acceptable to let cats out.
    Just my opinion