Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How much longer will Darlie be on death row?

I'm wondering how many more years Texas is going to keep Darlie on death row. Shouldn't her execution date be coming up soon?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JenniferTx For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferTx View Post
    I'm wondering how many more years Texas is going to keep Darlie on death row. Shouldn't her execution date be coming up soon?
    Since they are allowing the additional DNA testing, I dont believe they can set a date.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TXN4LIFE For This Useful Post:

wonders is offline My opinion's may not alway's be right but they are mine and mine alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by TXN4LIFE View Post
    Since they are allowing the additional DNA testing, I dont believe they can set a date.
    Seems to me there should be a time limit on that DNA testing as it was a couple of years ago. KWIM?
    A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty....

6. The Following User Says Thank You to wonders For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by wonders View Post
    Seems to me there should be a time limit on that DNA testing as it was a couple of years ago. KWIM?
    I was under the impression that her family hadn't raised enough money yet for the additional testing. I didn't think the testing is something that is paid for by the state of Texas. I suppose I really don't know who is supposed to pay for the testing.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JenniferTx For This Useful Post:

wonders is offline My opinion's may not alway's be right but they are mine and mine alone.
    I was under the impression that her family hadn't raised enough money yet for the additional testing. I didn't think the testing is something that is paid for by the state of Texas. I suppose I really don't know who is supposed to pay for the testing.
    Sorry JenniferTx, I should have mentioned that. I was just being a smart alec really.
    A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty....

10. The Following User Says Thank You to wonders For This Useful Post:

Cami knows better than I do, but I believe some of the items were tested at the State level and they have to raise the money for the Federal testing....or it could be visa versa. Maybe Cami will help us out on this.

I would think there would be a time limit on how long you have to get the testing done, but no one seems to know.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to TXN4LIFE For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TXN4LIFE View Post
    Cami knows better than I do, but I believe some of the items were tested at the State level and they have to raise the money for the Federal testing....or it could be visa versa. Maybe Cami will help us out on this.

I would think there would be a time limit on how long you have to get the testing done, but no one seems to know.
    I think there must be, or they'd all use it as a ploy to avoid the punishment...just say they were working on raising the money. Do you have any idea how much money they are talking about?

Bet Darlie wishes she were in Connecticutt!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to texaslb218 For This Useful Post:

once the test results are reported, Darlie's lawyer will motion for new hearing which will be denied. The new trial motion will probably have to work its way up to Federal Courts. Six to ten years.

Quote Originally Posted by jimben View Post
    once the test results are reported, Darlie's lawyer will motion for new hearing which will be denied. The new trial motion will probably have to work its way up to Federal Courts. Six to ten years.
    So Darlie could be on death row for another 6 to 10 years?

JenTx --

It will likely take 6 to 10 years to resolve the new wave of appeals spawn as a result of the "new evidence" and questions of whether or not it is sufficient to possibly change the original guilty finding. It is not out of the realm of possibility that, if the "new evidence" does raise puzzling questions, the State might offer her a life sentence to dispose of it.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jimben For This Useful Post:

No sure where to ask this but since this thread is active: did they ever resolve the fingerprint issue? I was looking at book reviews on amazon and saw one said to be from darlie's mom. An old comment saying the boys were exhumed and not their fingerprint. I did not recall any info of exhumation.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to txsvicki For This Useful Post:

Wasn't there a major problem with the court reporter at her trial. The court reporter relied on tape recorder or something. Then went home with the trial transcripts and played one tape - and heard silence and figured all tapes were blank. So she had her daughter type up the transcripts from notes or something - I do not remember. Then it was discovered the tapes were not blank afterall. And the court reporter kept them in some storage unit. Finally when recovered and compared to the official trial transcripts that she filed as case record - her transcripts were so far off from the recordings it was unreal. Witness Yes answers were recorded as No in the official court transcripts and I believe testimonies were missing - jumbled etc. I hope I am remembering the correct case.
    ~Human Beings Are All Members Of One Body.
    They Are Created From The Same Essence.
    When One Member Is In Pain,
    The Others Cannot Rest.
    If You Do Not Care About The Pain Of Others,
    You Do Not Deserve To Be Called A Human Being.~

A Quote From 13th Century Famous Persian Poet Saadi Shirazi

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic72981_1.gif

23. The Following User Says Thank You to DevilsPlayThing For This Useful Post:

I just read through the appealate transcripts and once again find that I often speak too soon. Texas law has tough standards with respect to granting new trials. At this point, it may not be enough to show that some unknown "intruder" was likely in the house. They might be required to show that the "intruder" is in fact the attacker.

There are several fingerprints in question. One was identified as belonging to Darien (the husband). The other two have not been identified which does Darlie no good at all.

After a year of rework, the transcripts are repaired. But errors in transcription do not in any way provide proof of Darlie's innocents.

This will all come down to what they find with the additional DNA testing and whether or not it is sufficient to get a US Circuit Court to order the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals to grant a new trail. Texas probably will not give her a new trial without a federal order.

25. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jimben For This Useful Post:

not sure how long she will be on death row. But after they change her sentence in "life without parole", she will not longer be there. When that happends? I dont know...

But she will never be executed. You can be certain of that...
    excuse my english

27. The Following User Says Thank You to trustice For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast