1155 users online (213 members and 942 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre

Quote Originally Posted by Amster View Post
    This kind of thing just happened in the Tori case....but, it was potential juror who was dismissed, posting on FB.
    Well sure if a juror is personally posting on FB about the case, but this is a FB comment from someone who claims that a juror was communicating. And all this after the verdict.
    I smell BS.

We'll see.

I want to barf after hearing this news. I am praying it is all a big misunderstanding. Please God, don't let 1 juror undo the hard work of the whole jury and the PT.

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    from wolf's quote:

after someone posted on WRAL News' Facebook page that a juror was reportedly communicating during deliberations with someone outside the case about the jury's progress.

could also be someone just saying it to be a troll

eta: it wasn't the juror posting on facebook in my understanding

Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
    I am sick
    I feel the same, it sometimes seems Michelle's family is being victimized over and over again. Continued prayers for Michelle's family and friends.
    Justice failed Caylee Marie!!

Please bring Haleigh home!

Quote Originally Posted by evelyn24 View Post
    Oh please, anyone can post anything online. I'm a little more relieved this is something the media reported to the judge after seeing it on Facebook.
    I agree, and think that is why the SBI is involved. They can track the facebook user, and see if he or she is truly a friend of a juror, and investigate if that friend did have texts or phone calls. All of that should be pretty simple to solve. If it does turn out to be true, I don't know what the remedy would be, other than a mistrial, and that seems so harsh for this. But, then, if they were communicating during deliberations, how can you be sure they didn't do other outside research? Or broke other rules?

I did see a post on the golo comments talking about the vote being 9-3 at some point, but I just assumed people were making things up. My guess is a commentator wanted to seem more important than he/she really was.

I see Mistrial written all over this one. Which is really to bad. And I hope the judge will throw the ones that did tis in jail for contempt.
    TYBEE U WILL ALWAYS BE MISSED AND LOVED.

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=61288

I'm curious to know what the law is here and if this has happened in the past, specifically if it's possible to declare a mistrial after a verdict has already been rendered.

If anything, I can see appeals court reversing the case/new trial if it's proven there was juror misconduct.

knicksgal1 is offline Barefoot Girl Sitting on the hood of a Dodge
    Ok, I am not going to panic. Who is to say that the person posting on WRAL was for real? Anyone can post anything and people do lie. JY is proof of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfpack View Post
    I agree, and think that is why the SBI is involved. They can track the facebook user, and see if he or she is truly a friend of a juror, and investigate if that friend did have texts or phone calls. All of that should be pretty simple to solve. If it does turn out to be true, I don't know what the remedy would be, other than a mistrial, and that seems so harsh for this. But, then, if they were communicating during deliberations, how can you be sure they didn't do other outside research? Or broke other rules?

I did see a post on the golo comments talking about the vote being 9-3 at some point, but I just assumed people were making things up. My guess is a commentator wanted to seem more important than he/she really was.
    HA! the vote was NEVER 9-3!
    ~ my opinion only

For information on how they can declare a mistrial after the verdict is rendered (which I think UNLIKELY IN THIS CASE) on the basis of juror misconduct:

Granting a motion for a new trial for misconduct discovered after the verdict. Like a motion for mistrial, a motion for a new trial is addressed to the sound discretion of the trial judge, and unless his or her ruling is clearly erroneous or an abuse of discretion, it will not be disturbed. State v. Johnson, 295 N.C. 227 (1978); State v. Sneeden, 274 N.C. 498 (1968)

Quote Originally Posted by knicksgal1 View Post
    Ok, I am not going to panic. Who is to say that the person posting on WRAL was for real? Anyone can post anything and people do lie. JY is proof of that.
    What was the reasoning for WRAL even reporting it? And why would they wait until after the verdict was read if that is when in fact it happened. jmo
    My prayers are for the innocent.

Dallas Cowboys!!!!
    Texas Rangers!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RaleighNC View Post
    Did you read the WRAL article that stated that "WRAL News reported the posts to Stephens upon finding them Monday afternoon."

Was either the juror or the person to whom they were communicating on GOLO???????

Oh my.
    BBM

Sorry have not been able to figure it out, what is GOLO?
    Justice failed Caylee Marie!!

Please bring Haleigh home!

Quote Originally Posted by Turtles View Post
    BBM

I wondered the same thing. Thanks for asking.
    My prayers are for the innocent.

Dallas Cowboys!!!!
    Texas Rangers!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Turtles View Post
    BBM

GOLO is the comment system on WRAL.com. (local news station)

Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast