1198 users online (246 members and 952 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
    from wolf's quote:

after someone posted on WRAL News' Facebook page that a juror was reportedly communicating during deliberations with someone outside the case about the jury's progress.

could also be someone just saying it to be a troll

eta: it wasn't the juror posting on facebook in my understanding
    Right. Someone posted on WRAL FB that a juror was communicating about the case with "someone"....doesn't say where....
    IMO

Quote Originally Posted by mck16 View Post
    What was the reasoning for WRAL even reporting it? And why would they wait until after the verdict was read if that is when in fact it happened. jmo
    Because the person that made it up didn't post it until after the guilty verdict?
    ~moo
    ~ my opinion only

Quote Originally Posted by cityslick View Post
    GOLO is the comment system on WRAL.com. (local news station)
    Yep, it stands for GO LOcal.

If you overheard a juror discussing a case would you go to facebook to "turn them in" or to the courthouse?
    ~ my opinion only

NO! No no no no no no no! I will be sick if he gets out of prison over this!!
    "You came here for THAT?" - Jason Young, 2009
    Yes, Jason, we came here for THAT! -- Guilty, Murder One, LWOP 3/5/2012
    Justice at last for Michelle Fisher Young

Quote Originally Posted by mck16 View Post
    What was the reasoning for WRAL even reporting it? And why would they wait until after the verdict was read if that is when in fact it happened. jmo
    WRAL reported it because they felt it was their duty to bring it to the attention of the judge, if it did in fact occur. I would be they didn't bring it up before Monday afternoon (which is when the article says the Judge was told), and may have been after the verdict, because they may not have known about it until then. Not all facebook moderators catch things on the WRAL page, and things get through the cracks a lot over there.

Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
    from wolf's quote:

after someone posted on WRAL News' Facebook page that a juror was reportedly communicating during deliberations with someone outside the case about the jury's progress.

could also be someone just saying it to be a troll

eta: it wasn't the juror posting on facebook in my understanding
    IMO yes it was a big ol' JY groupie and troll. I just mentioned WRAL comment section in the other thread before you started this one because I read those pro JY comments and some were trollish. If the juror was communicating then why wait until after a verdict to post on WRAL's FB? And why not call the damn DA's office?
    This is BS...ALL IMO of course.

Those people are crazy that post on GOLO. IMO Some of the post does not even make any sense at all.

I bet it's baloney they have to investigate but it won't come to anything. I find it hard to believe if the judge knew Monday something had gone on that might cause a mistrial and a new trial he would have said the stuff he did about what he really thought of JY. That tells me he knows it's nothing.
    Everything stated in my posts are my opinion, and my opinion only
    In a sense, the Internet is the largest mob ever assembled. It sometimes transforms otherwise inhibited people into unrestrained, faceless "conduits for emotion."

Quote Originally Posted by gngr~snap View Post
    If you overheard a juror discussing a case would you go to facebook to "turn them in" or to the courthouse?
    Exactly. I will eat glass if this really happened. I bet when the person who made the comment is looked into, they probably aren't even in NC or have no connection to anyone on the jury in anyway at all. Most likely crapping bricks for posting that in the first place now that it's gone to this level. The judge has to have it investigated though because the media reported the posts, and you know how that goes.

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    Quote Originally Posted by gngr~snap View Post
    HA! the vote was NEVER 9-3!
    I looked back (someone (Stella5) transcribed what the foreperson said today) and they were at one point 9 and 3

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Guilty of first degree murder/verdict watch #2

I still hope and pray it was a troll

eta: would have had have been first thing yesterday morning (before lunch) if it happened at all (which I doubt)
    Last edited by KateB; 05-23-2015 at 09:41 AM. Reason: repair url tag.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky89 View Post
    Those people are crazy that post on GOLO. IMO Some of the post does not even make any sense at all.
    Right? What's next, investing posts on Topix to see if they're true? Good Lord!

I get why the judge is doing this though, he has an obligation, but SMH at WRAL. I mean really.
    pffff

I just skimmed through the WRAL Facebook page and all their posts about the trial between Friday morning when the jury got the case and the time a verdict was reached have been deleted. I definitely remember getting a post on Friday afternoon saying they had adjourned for the day without reaching a verdict. Oh, I hope this is nothing!
    "You came here for THAT?" - Jason Young, 2009
    Yes, Jason, we came here for THAT! -- Guilty, Murder One, LWOP 3/5/2012
    Justice at last for Michelle Fisher Young

Wral just reported on TV that the person claimed they were a hairdresser of a friend of one juror that posted 2 different posts on WRAL FB before verdict. And somewhere said 7-5 and this morning on TTV one of the jurors did mention a 7-5 at one point.

I really hope this comes to nothing and it is a troll.
    Spay and Neuter

Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast