GUILTY OK - Two injured in Tulsa County courthouse shooting, 7 March 2012

momtective

Lifetime WS Non-Mod
Reaction score
Shooting Reported At Tulsa County Courthouse

Posted: Mar 07, 2012 2:39 PM CST Updated: Mar 07, 2012 3:15 PM CST
posted by: Kevin King - email

Tulsa -

At least two Tulsa County deputies and two others have been injured after a shooting outside the Tulsa County Courthouse.

It happened at about 2:30 p.m. at the courthouse and nearby Tulsa City-County Library, located near 5th and South Denver. The area around the courthouse has been closed off to traffic and the library has been closed.

An eyewitness tells Tulsa's Channel 8 there are multiple victims. The severity of the injuries and the identities of the victims is not known at this time. A police official said the deputy's injury was not considered to be life threatening.

http://www.ktul.com/story/17103427/shooting-reported-at-tulsa-county-courthouse

This is on our news right now. They are reporting the deputies injuries are non-life threatening, a bystander was also injured. The gunman seems to have the worst injuries. No details of what prompted the incident at this time, according to Fox News.

Not quite sure what this picture is actually showing, but it's a heck of a shot, whatever. From Tulsa World's site.

Not quite sure what this picture is actually showing, but it's a heck of a shot, whatever. From Tulsa World's site.

The person on the ground fits the description in the article posted above of the gunman being barefoot and wearing shorts.......altho it appears to be more like rolled up jeans perhaps in the picture...

The person on the ground fits the description in the article posted above of the gunman being barefoot and wearing shorts.......altho it appears to be more like rolled up jeans perhaps in the picture...

Yep, just found more pics (see post above). That was the gunman all right.

My guess is the gunman, several different jurisdictions of LE, and the gunman is bleeding from/around the left upper chest/shoulder area. There's also a passerby standing in the background, looking kinda befuddled.

I am quite glad that they got the gunman.

God speed towards healing for all those injured.

Best-
Herding Cats

Daily Mail publishes some pictures that we haven't seen (and shouldn't look at if we are easily made queasy):

Shocking photos show courthouse shootout with police
that left a deputy, a bystander and the gunman wounded

---
John Fancher, a communications coordinator with the library, told The Associated Press that he heard gunshots, then grabbed his camera and stood at his office window to take pictures.

'I see a guy barefoot nonchalantly just waving a gun in the air,' Fancher said.

'I'm thinking this is not the downtown I remember working in. I start snapping off some shots and he sits down, just casually sits down, gun in his hand and three sheriff's come out of the courthouse and I can't hear what they're saying.'

Fancher said the man turned around and stood up with his gun. 'That's when (the deputies) did what they had to do,' he said.
---
more at link; the last two pictures are especially bloody (warning!)

Tulsa suspect's brother killed by police in 2005

http://www.centurylink.net/news/read.php?id=18853328&ps=1011&cat=&cps=0&lang=en

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — Authorities were investigating Thursday whether the suspected gunman wounded in a shootout near a Tulsa courthouse was trying to commit "suicide by cop" when he drew fire from sheriff's deputies, and they confirmed his brother was shot and killed in 2005 by police officers seeking to question him about a murder.

Investigators said they still didn't know exactly why Andrew Joseph Dennehy fired a handgun into the air Wednesday afternoon in a crowded plaza outside Tulsa County District Court. Dennehy, a sheriff's deputy and a bystander were wounded in the shootout.

"Clearly `suicide by cop' may enter into it," Tulsa police spokesman Jason Willingham said. "Anytime someone goes to a location where you know law enforcement is going to be present and takes out a weapon and fires shots, you have to know you're going to garner attention."

Dennehy's brother Brian Dennehy was shot and killed in August 2005 after investigators say he fired at an officer in the parking lot of a Tulsa apartment complex, Willingham said. Police said then that he was suspected in the beating death of his grandfather, Bernard Dennehy, in Oklahoma City.

Andrew Dennehy, 23, remained in critical condition Thursday at a Tulsa hospital, Willingham said. Police have said he is technically in custody but hasn't been formally charged with a crime.

More at link...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back